Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting the HOH to be someone you trust is silly. You should give it to someone you don't. Then they'll be everyone's bish. If they're scum, they'll be much less likely to use their benefits for their own good.
Also I had no real reason to vote for Vio. Doesn't matter who gets it to me to be honest
Who in this game do you feel comfortable metareading if it comes to it?

Or alternatively you could give your highest TR the vote because HoH has social power (?)
You shouldn't just vote the first TR that comes your way, they need to be able to make some reads. Then again, chances are town will be nominated anyway today. But with a skilled player you won't get the obvious nominations and if anything we still get more info.
Why do you think I explicitly mentioned it :^)
To make a WIFOM with (unless I missed something) someone you barely/don't know? Why?
Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.
Well, early aggression gets things done I suppose. It's hardly pointless tho, and there's not even that much to read up on yet. :L
I'm sticking to mord but it looks like no one else will join me.
I don't think voting morda because you're curious as to what he'll do after specifically saying he doesn't wanna be HoH is the optimal play, and if votes are any indicator, it doesn't seem like anyone else thinks so. I remember you saying something about there being no optimal play earlier, but there is /always/ an optimal play, and again I think it's voting for someone experienced even if they're not 100% town (at least at this point in the game) for the information, which is even more valuable in this game as it is a vanilla set up. Currently it seems the choice is between town vs leader, so if you had to choose between those two, which would it be?

Wanting the HOH to be someone you trust is silly. You should give it to someone you don't. Then they'll be everyone's bish. If they're scum, they'll be much less likely to use their benefits for their own good.
Also I had no real reason to vote for Vio. Doesn't matter who gets it to me to be honest

You just said that the HoH should be someone you don’t trust.

You also just said that it doesn’t matter who gets the HoH.

Huh?

You shouldn't just vote the first TR that comes your way, they need to be able to make some reads. Then again, chances are town will be nominated anyway today. But with a skilled player you won't get the obvious nominations and if anything we still get more info.

Skilled players inherently get the most obvious nominations. Let's just say we had a level 3 player here. More often than not they would just get it by the virtue of being the most experienced. So no, they will get obvious nominations unless there is something completely out of the water here.

And what do you mean by getting more information?

Unless you are suggesting that all inexperienced players as HoH will just ruthlessly sheep, then I don't get what you are saying.

Hello. Im me. Im a good choice for vote. Because im a swell gull. I wear a suit. A beak you can trust.

Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.

Imma be voting ##Vote:Gekki because his character is called Mike Booie. And I can trust a man who is grooving with the rhythm.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one. We should try to show unity for now. Until we have actual reason for suspecion.

Mirdo 2019: - A Gull you can trust.

Early lolcatting.

My entire readslist has TWTBAW written all over it.

Early lolcatting.

coming back to that post later.
It felt extremely against the grain when reading it.

Whether that's AI or not will be decided later.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one.
...welp, this is not what I am looking for.
##UNVOTE
Actually it's neither. Maxwell has seen you play as an alignment if he's a host, so Maxwell already has a bias. You on the other hand have no idea about Maxwell.
Dunno about the former, but you are right about the latter.
Who in this game do you feel comfortable metareading if it comes to it?
Somebody other than Zone please, everyone is comfortable metareading him.
Man. That was ruthless...
...wait a minute. Hey! It's Nick!
...hang on a minute. In my whole gametime, I have never had any interactions with Nick. Nick, why do you say that you are comfortable metareading me? Or rather, how could you ever decide that everyone does that when it comes to me?
I remember you saying something about there being no optimal play earlier, but there is /always/ an optimal play, and again I think it's voting for someone experienced even if they're not 100% town (at least at this point in the game) for the information, which is even more valuable in this game as it is a vanilla set up.
...yeah, you've convinced me.
##VOTE: Vom
I want to policy lynch this.
Please do so after you have convinced HoH to nominate me. Before then, any policy lynches are impossible due to mechanics.

Voting for an experienced person does not give much information contrary to what Vom is arguing, because an experienced person is very capable of coming up with reasons for selecting virtually anyone. Voting for a person who's played on the Beach is also not going to net much information, because there is a tendancy to pick people based on past games. (@Zone you need to read this in particular)

Voting for an experienced person does not give much information contrary to what Vom is arguing, because an experienced person is very capable of coming up with reasons for selecting virtually anyone. Voting for a person who's played on the Beach is also not going to net much information, because there is a tendancy to pick people based on past games. (@Zone you need to read this in particular)
Yeah, but the point I was making is to not vote mirdo.
I had to choose someone to be HoH. Even if Vom can virtually choose anyone and has the tendency to pick certain people, because she is from the Beach and experienced, I don't think I would mind it that much.
In fact, considering Geyde wants to policy lynch me, shouldn't I -a LAMIST and Devil's Advocate- try to avoid making him the HoH?

In fact, considering Geyde wants to policy lynch me, shouldn't I -a LAMIST and Devil's Advocate- try to avoid making him the HoH?
No, because if you're town than you shouldn't be focused on surviving the day but rather you should be concerned about developing reads; and I'm convinced that Geyde or Maxwell are both options that would be more effective in developing reads than options like Vom.

Moving my vote back to ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Maxwell because the likelihood that Geyde will get enough votes in 2 hours is slim, and I think Maxwell is an infinitely superior choice than Violet or Vom.

I've been thinking about morda as an option @Celever, and I agree, I think it would be interesting to see who they pick; so I would also be happy with a morda HoH.

Why would we vote for you when you're electing not to read the whole thread?
Because I stand for politic of peace. Not war.
Against the needless slaughter. Against RvS
Well, early aggression gets things done I suppose. It's hardly pointless tho, and there's not even that much to read up on yet. :L
It is a lot to read when it's almost midnight and you got work tomorrow and the only time really you have to read is either on the way to work or, as is present now, on break time.
Early lolcatting.

Gandhi has been laughed at and has been discredicted too. Just saying
coming back to that post later.
It felt extremely against the grain when reading it.

Whether that's AI or not will be decided later.
Gullbot 2000 has been found out.

No but sorslor.
I haven't played Mafia in a long while. Only signed up for this cause it's BB flavoured and the concept is very interessting.
Im actually approaching this more as a game of BB than Mafia.

That doesn't mean that I don't plan on beeing usefull later down the line.

Gullbot over and out.

Week 1 Head of Household Results
Vote Count
JCMaxwell (3)-bbninjas, Jadethepokemontrainer, Geyde, bbninjas
Vom (3)-mordacazir, VioletValkyrie, Zone Q11
mirdo (1)-Zone Q11, JCMaxwell
mordacazir (1)-Celever
Blinkeyho (1)-Vom, Vom
bbninjas (0)-Vom
VioletValkyrie (2)-TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK, Blinkeyho
Geyde (0)-bbninjas
GekkisaiDaiNi (1)-mirdo
Not Voting: GekkisaiDaiNi

Since @Vom reached three votes first, congratulations Vom, you are the first Head of Household of the game!
As GekkisaiDaiNi did not vote once this competition, he has received a warning and cannot be chosen to participate by random draw in the next Power of Veto competition.

Week 1 Nominations
@Vom, as this week's Head of Household, you have up to 24 hours to make your two nominations for eviction. Please make them bolded in-thread and tag me so I can be sure to see them. You may still confer with your fellow houseguests as much as you wish during these 24 hours to help you make your decision.

P.S.
The following players need to post at least once in the next 48 hours to meet the activity requirements for the week (this isn't a warning or anything, just giving you all the numbers to keep in mind):
Needs at least one more post:
@VioletValkyrie
Needs at least two more posts:
@mordacazir
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
Needs at least three more posts:
@mirdo
@JCMaxwell
Needs at least four more posts:
@Jadethepokemontrainer
Needs at least five more posts:
@GekkisaiDaiNi