Finished Mafia LVII: Big Brother Betrayal: Game Over! Postgame Part 1 Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geyde

Needs pictures of Spiderman
It's late so (sorta) sorry if I don't make sense

I agree with basically everything you said @Celever, which is either a really good start or completely terrible depending on the way you look at it. I've been considering moving my vote from Maxwell to Geyde because of that link with Zone and probably will do that if Geyde shows signs of life. Dx

Did I miss where you explained that electing someone who has no predetermined player connections (i.e. Geyde) wouldn't work in practice?

Or alternatively you could give your highest TR the vote because HoH has social power (?)
The logic behind preestablished connections makes little sense as the main decider in votes, since proficient players know how their meta works and can act accordingly, That's why I don't try to read Zone by their meta. Because they know it exists.

Highkey don't rely on meta, it will bite you in the rear.

Instead, vote your TRs for HoH.

Geyde

God, this better not be like Turnabout Trump and you know exactly why I'm saying that, NP.

I'm going to sit back and watch things play out right now, I'm used to the BB format of having discussion in alliance chats during comps, so I'm a little curious to see how this being a mafia game will change it.

I'll throw a vote in, sure.
##VOTE: Vom

I complained about RVS last game, I'm just not interested in trying to make votes based off information that we don't even have yet. Honestly I'm not in this game to play mafia like my sign-up said, I just wanted to see if I'd enjoy the BB aspect of it.
If you want the real reason I voted Vom, it's because I liked his playing last game (I think there was somewhere in the OP about it being against the rules to judge things by past games? Either that or I didn't read things fully) so I didn't mention that as a reason. I was going to make a joke about how we're friends and both Canadian so I'd support him though that's completely unrelated to anything in the actual game, so I felt it shouldn't really be mentioned either.

lolvillage

Geyde

Mmm... Okay.

Too bad host is not in the game. I would've totally tunneled him if he was.

*had something to say*
*reads posts after this one*
*takes back whatever I was going to say*

...well that was not what I thought why you asked morda. I thought you simply asked to get more conversation going tbh.

Accomplish... I guess my goal is for you to not Vom if your reason is "because you trust she is an experienced player".
(I just remembered that Vom is female... orz)

To any Vom-voters, if your only reason to vote her is because you trust her, then I will do my usual thing, be scummy, and vote her as well to implicitly throw some shade. ...somehow.

I like the latter half of this post, but really really hate the point about tunneling the host.
Are you trying to force your town meta Zone?

First of all: I may know Maxwell, but I basically know him from the only on-going game on I42. In other words: We still know pretty much nothing about each other.
Secondly: Can't we just let mirdo be the HoH? ...that is, unless he stays AFK, in which case I would vote Maxwell.

*ignores previous content between this fragment and the previous fragment I quoted, because it was too long, subjectively unimportant, and "hard to read"*
...I think I want to say something about inactivity, but I forgot already...

Actually uh... I know him. He's the host of the on-going game in I42.Also, I kinda played with him before that as well. (Though only once IIRC, and all impression is already lost.)

I am not. -_-

Humu. Okay.

Yep. Last game here. Uh... FM#56?
*thinks*
Yep. FM#56.

1. Hooray! I have already placed myself on the spot I belong to!
2. That's wrong! Only lame scum would let conversations die away. Good scum goes along with the crowd and talks with the crowd! ...which is why always never trust "good" players, who explain their reasoning in bulk, bulky posts.

Wait for Maxwell to be extremely obvious scum by showing blatant opportunism.
If that doesn't happen he's probably village.

Give HoH to who you think is town and can lead.

Scum will be the most likely to TMI, or have way too much explaining their reasoning to a ridiculous extent so they look town in their arguing. Good players typically have more to say, so eh. Take Alice's longposts from VCFM.

Light FoS on Zone until I see something that can convince me otherwise.

Geyde

Or alternatively you could give your highest TR the vote because HoH has social power (?)
The logic behind preestablished connections makes little sense as the main decider in votes, since proficient players know how their meta works and can act accordingly, That's why I don't try to read Zone by their meta. Because they know it exists.

Instead, vote your TRs for HoH.
Adding onto this, if you are only voting based on some people being able to lead better, you would be allowing scum to hide their opinions and basically deny information from town as a result.
So again, don't.

##vote JCMaxwell

High IQ plan activated

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
There's a knife in you
Less you bleed, the more you live
Forgive a false truth.

##VOTE: Voilet

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I like the latter half of this post, but really really hate the point about tunneling the host.
Are you trying to force your town meta Zone?
Real talk: I don't know what you mean by forcing town meta.
I bet you 100 nuffies that he won't show blatant opportunism. He will be passive, trying to lay low, and therefore scummy.
This post also acts as a devil's advocate post: Will he be opportunistic and thereby follow your words to seem scummy, or will he be passive and thereby follow my words to seem scummy.
Give HoH to who you think is town and can lead.
No. You are not my boss. I do not believe anyone is town atm. Yes, even with open setting of 3 scum and rest town, I won't give my trust to anyone I know.
I will only throw dice (which is not a good solution) when mirdo flips inactive.
...which he appears to be atm.
Scum will be the most likely to TMI, or have way too much explaining their reasoning to a ridiculous extent so they look town in their arguing. Good players typically have more to say, so eh. Take Alice's longposts from VCFM.
Yeah... That thinking might not fit Violet. Plus, look at Celever. Dunno if you think that is scummy, but I don't like long, long posts from him tbh. Then again: devil's advocate, so take my words with salt and please use it to policy lynch me D1. Do you read this, future Head of House?
Light FoS on Zone until I see something that can convince me otherwise.
For the love of mafia, do not put away that FoS from me. LET ME BE SUSP! \o/

Geyde

I bet you 100 nuffies that he won't show blatant opportunism. He will be passive, trying to lay low, and therefore scummy.
This post also acts as a devil's advocate post: Will he be opportunistic and thereby follow your words to seem scummy, or will he be passive and thereby follow my words to seem scummy.

Why do you think I explicitly mentioned it :^)

Zone Q11

Why do you think I explicitly mentioned it :^)
Dunno, probably for some mind game.
Don't really care. I wanna be the devil's advocate this game.

Currently forced to sleep.
Activity will not last long before internet gets cut off.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That Geyde has shown he can critically anaylse and develop reads is enough for me to be very happy electing him as HoH: ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Geyde

which I'm not going to expand upon until after this phase anyway because transparency limits the conclusions right now
I want both of you to try and take a forget-me-not about all the other players here and try to look objectively at the content of the posts in this thread so far, and then propose which 2 players you would nominate. Personally for me, I don't think there's enough in this thread for Maxwell or Geyde to make a sufficient conclusion as to who the 2 best nominees would be; prove me wrong.
I think you would understand why I'm not going answer this question today; because transparency limits the conclusions. Electing someone who doesn't know PB meta as HoH means that they will make a decision on their own and unaffected by past factors. It's not about whether they make the best conclusion, it's about who they choose; and sharing who I would elect is counter-productive to that autonomy.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
There's a knife in you
Less you bleed, the more you live
Forgive a false truth.

##VOTE: Voilet
Why?
'

2. Question unimportant and unnecessary. Not even close to damning but pointing this out as NAI question.
I disagree. Knowing exactly how Zone and Maxwell are connected helps me decide whether Maxwell might be influenced by how Zone has acted in the past, and thus whether he's a good HoH. Whether they just recognise each other's usernames, or whether they've played with each other, are two very different outcomes.

Yep this is good; many people rely on meta and it is rarely indicative unless it's Celever analysing my meta, which is partially why I would like to elect you or Maxwell.

You won't be able to rely on this read now that you've told a possible mafian Maxwell exactly what you're looking for.

Zone Q11

I disagree. Knowing exactly how Zone and Maxwell are connected helps me decide whether Maxwell might be influenced by how Zone has acted in the past, and thus whether he's a good HoH. Whether they just recognise each other's usernames, or whether they've played with each other, are two very different outcomes.
The answer is the former. We literally basically just met a few (9 or so) days ago at I42.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Hello. Im me. Im a good choice for vote. Because im a swell gull. I wear a suit. A beak you can trust.

Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.

Imma be voting ##Vote:Gekki because his character is called Mike Boogie. And I can trust a man who is grooving with the rhythm.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one. We should try to show unity for now. Until we have actual reason for suspecion.

Mirdo 2019: - A Gull you can trust.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The answer is the former. We literally basically just met a few (9 or so) days ago at I42.
Actually it's neither. Maxwell has seen you play as an alignment if he's a host, so Maxwell already has a bias. You on the other hand have no idea about Maxwell.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Hello. Im me. Im a good choice for vote. Because im a swell gull. I wear a suit. A beak you can trust.

Tbh. So far we only had pointless early aggression and suspecion. So I ain't reading all that. I have places to be.

Imma be voting ##Vote:Gekki because his character is called Mike Boogie. And I can trust a man who is grooving with the rhythm.

If you want a neutral vote that's not gonna lynch you for every word in your posts. Vote me for HoH. It's the first one. We should try to show unity for now. Until we have actual reason for suspecion.

Mirdo 2019: - A Gull you can trust.
Why would we vote for you when you're electing not to read the whole thread?

Celever

Wheeeee~
That Geyde has shown he can critically anaylse and develop reads is enough for me to be very happy electing him as HoH: ##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Geyde

I think you would understand why I'm not going answer this question today; because transparency limits the conclusions. Electing someone who doesn't know PB meta as HoH means that they will make a decision on their own and unaffected by past factors. It's not about whether they make the best conclusion, it's about who they choose; and sharing who I would elect is counter-productive to that autonomy.
Yeah that's valid, but I'm coming back to this tomorrow for both you and Jade, as you've each shown the same position on this matter.

I'm sticking to mord but it looks like no one else will join me. If a tiebreak becomes necessary at deadline, I'll switch to Geyde because they're putting in a shift and that's a better foundation than anything else.

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
Wanting the HOH to be someone you trust is silly. You should give it to someone you don't. Then they'll be everyone's bish. If they're scum, they'll be much less likely to use their benefits for their own good.
Also I had no real reason to vote for Vio. Doesn't matter who gets it to me to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.