alfierobles

Aspiring Trainer
I made cards for these three babies.
I had a lot of fun! :D
What do you guys think?

52482990_268503874047765_6064508761225803647_n.jpg

51956178_2122169384515852_6108479023943569908_n.jpg

53625771_757608637953665_2919278585349917812_n.jpg

They look just about right for a card. I can't tell you which style they remind me of, but very cute and well made
Very nice ~

And i really want to add that scorbunny looks freaking awesome

These are very well done @alfierobles! I adore how you captured the playfulness of each of the starters. I noticed that you assigned the cards numbers -- are you planning on creating a full set?

That Sobble has Mudkip's Pokedex entry. But otherwise they look alright to me!
I wonder if that's an intentional design choice on Alfie's part? Even though it belongs to Mudkip, that description works perfectly for Sobble as well and it's a nice nod to the boulders in the art.

I really like these artworks. I feel like the grookey could be somewhat official artwork.

These look great! One minor nit pick, Grookey's Weakness should be x2 instead of +10
Hehe thank you.
These were originally posted in Virbank City one per day as I was completing them. So some things changed and Grookey's weakness was sort of a joke/bait for all the "fake-hunters" in the group who were "calling me out" for posting fakes (even though I explained they were fakes from the beginning. Haha.

They look just about right for a card. I can't tell you which style they remind me of, but very cute and well made
Very nice ~

And i really want to add that scorbunny looks freaking awesome
Thank you! I'm glad you like Scorbunny. I think he's my second favorite of these three illustrations. I had more fun doing Grookey.
And I wasn't really trying to go for a specific style. I just wanted to have fun drawing them. :)

That Sobble has Mudkip's Pokedex entry. But otherwise they look alright to me!
Hehe yes! Sobble was the first one I did. And I didn't have the right font for the entry and I was already using a Mudkip card as a reference anyway, so I just went ahead and literally copy/pasted it. :)

These are very well done @alfierobles! I adore how you captured the playfulness of each of the starters. I noticed that you assigned the cards numbers -- are you planning on creating a full set?

I wonder if that's an intentional design choice on Alfie's part? Even though it belongs to Mudkip, that description works perfectly for Sobble as well and it's a nice nod to the boulders in the art.
Thank you!
I did assign numbers, but they were just random. I'm thinking I might start a set with them and my favorite pokemon in general. I might have to re-number them, tho.
And I think I'd keep the new set symbol I made.

I chose Mudkip's description because I didn't have the right font for the entry at the moment, however, I agree that they match very well, so that's why I felt it was alright to do it :)

I really like these artworks. I feel like the grookey could be somewhat official artwork.
Ah, thank you! I'm glad you feel it's high quality.
I might start making more custom cards based on my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did assign numbers, but they were just random. I'm thinking I might start a set with them and my favorite pokemon in general. I might have to re-number them, tho.
And I think I'd keep the new set symbol I made.

That would be nice! The set symbol you made is quite well designed, it doesn't feel too busy even though it's packed with a ton of different shapes. I'd imagine that would've been a difficult balancing act.

Have you checked out the Create-a-Card competition [link]? It would be great to see have a shot there.

That would be nice! The set symbol you made is quite well designed, it doesn't feel too busy even though it's packed with a ton of different shapes. I'd imagine that would've been a difficult balancing act.

Have you checked out the Create-a-Card competition [link]? It would be great to see have a shot there.
Ah! That sounds exciting! I might enter. I will have to check it out in more detail.

So, I think I might start making more fanart. Maybe for a fake cards set.
I started practicing color and style with these Swadloon.

FWuRWP33V2_ZArV2DxRUhWejF8JdGwYUe_yDpXG9g8P4W-rZcymSkYj-dJ283lH_fvUwY_zLcd6Xxskw2ES4cvWP0qd-sXEdszBqVBzm8TKm5iRDuFtbVnslsVjFNmsK3Y1xpVcM6FmDvSKv2X3YjHv3_wnyPr7P-ypnl70sMvCkkZBiXwQ3l6QpybWlH-tma4wu_1MzEGoHG8gNo1_ymZCIX97WkLOnu1YC-M1tVn97LeqTpNs41HopNmVUX3Qc3b5LOgKYf_M5YDhydLKFa4nNDasTOxoutueFMkZS8RzyEI75XO6NZhFFxEll0qkzsw79cZ-l7d8luYR4zwBDjQNvbUHIwOXLGyqMJLjQtgwFsk6hxHmMUBjxrAHlNdM34eghwRtVHIamubyjOkYmS6-EvzObK1K7D6RU-dt2BktMqO26ot4gze22QOTz2sZUAOx8pJwjDJLyeHJ8Q_tjz2Oys8GNulN2KG0UabFEdnZS12T-TIrLtx3C8akK88e4ylSaY7qiu3-eDXpb8Mf469d07HG4-zu72zXDVY8_0dHfi8KkVV8andpTJXwepBPsrRMoe58ZU9VEvEsmGXOAjDjUt0Ad_w_nAgbZtbtnUIXkoEHsqHd3rdpC4VkQqW5DsPkKsyMxBcIX-OHPjN6HlWfVvLxgFHlg=s828-no

Back