'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I guess Venomoth is good... I just don’t like 2hko sniping. Everyone else might play it, but I don’t think I will.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
That’s correct.

Muk and Alolan Muk GX:
WHOA. This card pleases me. It’s such a meme with the potential to be good. I also like how two Pokémon of almost the exact same species come on one card - what’s next, Squirtle and Blastoise GX?
Even so, Bad Poison is bonkers. 8 damage for poison for 2 attachments is bogus. AND, we have Dust Island. Instant 160, unless they do a manual retreat.
I LOVE Poison Lick because after you poison them with the first attack, you can keep healing 100 per turn. It’s crazy, and I love it.
Sitcky Mix GX. OH, gee. Besides having the absolute best name of any GX attack I’ve seen so far on a Tag Team, It’s busted too. Congratulations: You’re paralyzed and poisoned. If you attach an extra psychic to the card, in combination with Dust Island, there is no way your opponent is able to avoid 300 damage + with Seviper. That sounds pretty good to me. I think people are gonna start playing Big Malasada-

Dust Island: I’ve always been a fan of SpeCo (my abbreviation for special condition) decks. Guzma, Olympia, and Switch have always thwarted my attempts. Now, all SpeCo decks have a chance. (Or at least those who use Poison.) This could totally be used with Toxapex GX, but that Energy cost... even with Malamar, it’d be tough, but I can see it coming through.

Fighting Dojo: WHAT THE HECK. First off, I LOVE how it doesn’t affect Ultra Beasts (because I don’t like Ultra Beasts). Second off, an extra 10 can make some differences. Some. Then an extra 40 if you’re behind on Prizes, that’s just busted. Attacks that normally do 120 are now doing 160. Attacks doing 160 are now doing 200, and so on. Which means that with Choice Band and Diancie <>, you can conceivably add 90 damage to any attack. BUSTED.

THAT was a good bout of cards.

Dust Island and the poison supports intrigues me if anything can be done with the lost thunder toxapex and shuckle gx

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Venomoth is #06, probably we'll have Venonat as #05
So this give us a possible Bulbasaur or Oddish line in this set. I guess Venusaur GX is coming?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Venomoth is #06, probably we'll have Venonat as #05
So this give us a possible Bulbasaur or Oddish line in this set. I guess Venusaur GX is coming?
I mean, we did just get Celebi & Venusaur soooo, we're hoping for Bellossom or Vileplume GX instead haha :p

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
That'd be cool, but it wouldn't fill the slot before venonat as set numbers go by PokéDex order.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
If I'm thinking right... The new hitmontop, if behind on prizes, with a basic fighting attached, and able to use its combo attack, spreads 100 with the new stadium... Hell no...

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
If I'm thinking right... The new hitmontop, if behind on prizes, with a basic fighting attached, and able to use its combo attack, spreads 100 with the new stadium... Hell no...
If you're right, this is BUSTED with the Hitmontop. If Not, you can still do 120 with diancie to active and then 60 to all bench with the attack. But if the stadium effects the bench, which it could do as it doesn't specifically state that it does 10/40 more damage to your opponent's active Pokémon (see Devoured Field for that). I might consider this going from Rogue to Tier 3 now...

ScrawnyMeowth1

The Maker of Pokemon Lists
It's interesting that they made a Tag Team featuring two different forms of a Pokémon. Maybe in the future we'll get a Dawn Wings Necrozma and Dusk Mane Necrozma Tag Team? Or maybe Black Kyurem and White Kyurem?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
  • Fighting Dojo - When Buzzwole reads the effect of the stadium, *YEEESSS* , but when the effect says "This doesn't affect Ultra Beasts", *Embarassed emoji* Any Fighting decks that isn't Buzzwole like Passimian will love this. 4-5 Geodudes

I'm pretty sure if you're playing basic Fighting energy in Passimian, you're doing something wrong (especially when Shrine pairs so much better with the spread version)

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Stick it, buzzwole.

Are there any other fighting ultra beasts? Then why not just print "This Stadium does not work with Buzzwole"?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Stick it, buzzwole.

Are there any other fighting ultra beasts? Then why not just print "This Stadium does not work with Buzzwole"?
The new Stakataka from Full Metal Wall is Fighting type, and they always have the liberty of printing a Fighting type Pheromosa card, if they wanted... :p

Zoms

Aspiring Trainer
Is the translation for Fighting Dojo correct? This kind of effect usually only works against the opponents active Pokémon but this works against everything right? Tapu Koko could deal 60 damage to everything and the new Hitmontop would deal 100 to everything. Even something like Spinda from expanded would do 50 to everything for a single energy!

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Ok,
1 thing that I think people don't realize is that your pokemon doesn't have to be fighting to get a boost. It has to have a basic fighting attached. This is a big difference for 2 reasons.
1) It only helps fighting decks that play fighting energy (sorry passimian)
2) Things that attack for colorless (think Drampa GX) can attach fighting energy and get the boost.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
About as much play as Toxapex-GX did. This is another bad poison gimmick.

There are some key differences between them.
  1. Toxepex is a stage 1, meaning it requires more deck space and it is harder to get out. Also, it can't be copied by Marshadow.
  2. Muk x2 has 270 hp so once you get one out it'll be around a long time. It is also compatible with the muscle pad things for a whopping 320 hp.
  3. Muk x2 has other attacks, not just poison, making it a lot more flexible. For example, in a non-GX game, you can sit and take prizes with the second attack, WHILE healing to full every turn. In the zoro matchup, you can use marshadow and the second attack for easy knockouts.
  4. Muk x2 can utilize DCE. Therefore, you can get it out by turn 2, no malamars needed, making you less reliant on said malamar.
  5. Muk x2 has a better, more flexible GX attack that (I think) can be powered up with DCEs (IDK about that).
  6. Muk x2 looks better than toxapex :p, and won't get rotated in 6 months.

Last edited:

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
If it wasn't for Malamar decks being out there the poison boys could have alot of fun. Artwork is cool though and nice to see them paired together.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Man, that Muk Tag Team card is literally EVIL. I've played a few Poison decks in the day (Crobat Prime and Plasma/Virbank City Gym/Hypnotoxic Laser, anyone?), but I think the sludge twins there have the best version of Toxic. Long as you're not playing someone who can use Pokémon abilities to swap out, or they're using Pokémon with relativly low retreat costs, that card's leathal if you can set it up quickly.