'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
First fighting, then electric, and now fire types are getting a ton of support.
Trend?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
First fighting, then electric, and now fire types are getting a ton of support.
Trend?

And a few sets ago Psychic did, for sure (Malamar, Mysterious Treasure, etc.). I imagine they're aiming to have, by worlds, as many types as possible be quite playable. Otherwise it's going to be quite boring...

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like ptcg with the last few sets has been creating archetypes with their pokemon. Such as water floods the field with energy, lightning is quick attacking, metal is protective, etc. which really intrigues me as we move forward.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Absolutely love the idea of Marshadow and Machamp together for a tag team pair. Card is kind of situational but a basic with that much hp and not ridiculous energy requirements to attack will see some play but Malamar decks still destroy it.

Deedee

Aspiring Trainer
As expected with Mitsuhiro Arita's illustrations, both Charizard/Reshiram & Machamp/Marshadow look pretty good.

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
i was hoping for a tiny bit more damage for a fighting tag team. Umbreon has Retaliate for 1 energy for 120 which is just better

On the bright side there’s now a fighting retaliate option for pikachu zekrom - you’ll still need to worry about the energy cost though :/

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Mew looks interesting. Nobody has seemed to notice that it’s an auto-win against spread.
Spiritomb actually looks like a pretty good deck. You have Mew to prevent spread from walloping your deck, you could use Shrine and Banette GX to move damage to Spiritomb, and you could hit for numbers like 210, provided Choice Band, Kukui, and 5 Damage counters.
Stunfisk got a good card! There’s two things that make this card the best that’s been revealed:
  • With 6 damaged Pokémon, you’re hitting 180 for a DCE, 210 with a ‘Band, and even more with Electropower. This could totally play Shrine and have a bunch of benched GXs, and one of them Banette GX so you can damage Stunfisk. That seems clunky, though, so I’ll hold on to that one.
  • THERE’S GOOMY IN THE BACKGROUND! WHEE, AT LAST! And I just realized, holy crap, are we gonna get another Goomy line with Stunfisk in the background? Is there going to be the unlikely chance that we’ll get Goodra in a tag team? Who knows! Three cheers for Goomy in the background!
Anywho, seems like a load of decent cards here, ecspecially Stunfisk.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Then you could play mew with the bench barrier so your opponent can't clap you with flying flip.

Wechselbalg

brb
Mew looks interesting. Nobody has seemed to notice that it’s an auto-win against spread.

I didn't think this needed to be pointed out since this card has already been printed twice, it was just called Mr. Mime then :p This one has a sightly more useful attack though.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Mew - Bench Barrier on a Pokemon that is Elmmable, but 60 HP can be a bit embarassing. 4 Geodudes
  • Spiritomb - In speaking of getting 2 Spiritombs in 2 consecutive sets, the Spiritomb's ability is good unless there is a Damage Swap ability in Standard. 160-190 can KO most Pokemon. But the tendency to be KOed nxt turn really hurts. Because you are running Stretchers to get it back. #CardBurningRocks!!! 3-4 Geodudes
  • Stunfisk - 180 for DCE is nuts, but you need to be self-hit on a Flying Flip or use Po Town to get the damage. I have the idea of using TUP Alolan Muk there, you get +30 dmg and discarding the item that they need. But Lightning decks run Electropower so even with a low dmg, it can even been boosted. 3-4 Geodudes

Wechselbalg

brb
  • Stunfisk - 180 for DCE is nuts, but you need to be self-hit on a Flying Flip or use Po Town to get the damage. I have the idea of using TUP Alolan Muk there, you get +30 dmg and discarding the item that they need. But Lightning decks run Electropower so even with a low dmg, it can even been boosted. 3-4 Geodudes

Dude, you don't need Po Town or to be hit by Koko, the answer is literally right above Stunfisk.