New Mewtwo-GX, Charizard-GX, Raichu-GX, Wigglytuff-GX, Pinsir-GX, Gyarados-GX!

matthewbny

no
I'm sick of seeing Charizard and Mewtwo! I get it's a cash grab but it's like those and a select handful are the only cards TPCi will ever print.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with too many Charizard, but that is expected, Mewtwo is a repitition, but it's actually quite a while since the last Mewtwo GX, so it's not too bad. I'm a bit surprised about Gyarados.
I don't think any of those will be good, but giving Wigglytuff a GX makes up for everything that is unnecessary about this.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The TCG's recent obsession with Charizard is bordering on desperate tbh. Yes it was always a popular Pokemon but this is Charizard's fifth or sixth print in a year and a half, it's pathetic.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Stahp giving me Charizard.
W_E_L_L, if this product is aimed at younger people who aren’t into the game yet, Charizard seems perfectly reasonable. Plus, it’s not good. It’s an effectless attack and a GX attack, which might be interesting.
Oh goodie, Mewtwo’s back. At least Mewtwo isn’t printed as much as Charizard.
Neither is Raichu. I wish it would be Alolan, though! I was honestly expecting a Pikachu GX, but Raichu is okay.
Is this Gyarados going to be better than CIN Gyarados GX? Probably!
Pinsir and Wigglytuff are pleasant unexpected surprises! I want to see how this goes.
Overall, with just an effectless attack and a GX attack, I don’t think these cards will see play at all.
I can’t help but notice how all of these are Gen 1. I’m half angry at TPCI for printing more Gen 1 over and over and over and over an over and over and over again and kind of ramming it down our throats, but after all, these folks are supposed to be “starting” the game, so it seems relevant to start them off at the beginning.
I’m displeased, overall. Charizard and Mewtwo, everything is just an effectless attack. Whatever.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Surprised if it's geared towards kids they wouldn't release a Mew GX which makes me think they are holding of on Mew to sell it in some box. Pinsir getting a GX is awesome, and gives me hope Heracross will finally get one. Wigglytuff is also a pleasant surprise.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Well it's gonna be simplified so I expect their designs to be similar to what MTG did to their recent Intro packs, which is making the planeswalker in said decks in the creators own words, "expensive to cast and flashy", but hey, I'll reserve judgment until these actually get revealed and translated. You never know, that Mewtwo might be a good Malamar tech or maybe the Charizard is better than the one in Burning Shadows, maybe they'll be something and that will be all that matters.

Well, assuming they come to North America in the first place.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm sick of seeing Charizard and Mewtwo! I get it's a cash grab but it's like those and a select handful are the only cards TPCi will ever print.

I think you're stretching it a bit, it's not like we're in the XY era anymore. I've made this argument before about how this era is more diverse than the last few but I won't go into it much, I'm sure people see me as a broken record by this point.

I'm just happy about Pinsir and Wigglytuff, such strange choices for GXs but I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see them more in-depth.

EDIT-Also for those so concerned by the increase in generation 1 pokemon, just remember that Let's Go is out, being a game that probably attracted new fans. Pokemon wants to use these opportunities (Eevee decks, brock/misty decks, these) to attract new players and get them into the hobby. It makes perfect sense to me.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer

I agree with too many Charizard, but that is expected, Mewtwo is a repitition, but it's actually quite a while since the last Mewtwo GX, so it's not too bad.

The TCG's recent obsession with Charizard is bordering on desperate tbh. Yes it was always a popular Pokemon but this is Charizard's fifth or sixth print in a year and a half, it's pathetic.
Normally, I would agree with the “too much Charizard” view. However, remember that this is aimed at a younger audience. It will probably help get kids interested in playing the game if the big fire dragon that is the mascot (more or less, we all know Umbreon is the real mascot here) of Pokémon is the big card in their deck. Also, I gotta say, about time some underloved Pokémon (Pinsir and Wigglytuff) get some cards! Now I just need a Bisharp GX...

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I know most people are tired of Charizard, but personally I don't mind them releasing one now and then because anything Charizard is going to be worth some money and also go up in value.

Tri2attack

"Guzma for game."-every close game
From the looks of it, seems like they all only have 2 attacks. 1 regular and 1 gx. How odd.