Upcoming League Promos Feature Reprinted Trainers With Alternate Art!

Belljacob48

Pack Gambler
The League rewards will probably be just a bit more expensive than their original prints but not by much due to how widespread and how accessable they'll be. The League Cup cards and League Challenge prizes are going to be more expensive (wih League Challenge prizes being more so due to each LC giving out twelve of 'em, One placement card prize for Top 4 of each division) but I don't expect them to be as expensive as the Cynthia TPCi gave out at Regionals.

If that were the case we would've seen the TR Field Blower (along with the TR prints of Volkner, Choice Band, and Aqua Patch) in Team Up.
Right now I believe they are in the Japanese sets that make up Unbroken Bonds, our May set.

Belljacob48

Pack Gambler
The League rewards will probably be just a bit more expensive than their original prints but not by much due to how widespread and how accessable they'll be. The League Cup cards and League Challenge prizes are going to be more expensive (wih League Challenge prizes being more so due to each LC giving out twelve of 'em, One placement card prize for Top 4 of each division) but I don't expect them to be as expensive as the Cynthia TPCi gave out at Regionals.

If that were the case we would've seen the TR Field Blower (along with the TR prints of Volkner, Choice Band, and Aqua Patch) in Team Up.
Hopefully it isn’t. Has UB ever been out of rotation?

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Right now I believe they are in the Japanese sets that make up Unbroken Bonds, our May set.
I mentioned those TRs specifically because they were part of Tag Bolt, Japan's version of Team Up (excluding cards from GX Ultra Shiny and Dark Order), there's also the issue of those TR prints retaining the regulation marks as their original prints, something that's been done for a large amount of the recent Sun and Moon series promos (both here and in Japan).
Hopefully it isn’t. Has UB ever been out of rotation?
Not that I'm aware of, but as a lot of people already it won't hurt as badly as people think with the amount of search cards currently being printed

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Btw off topic but the Detective Pikachu promo boxes have been unveiled! Unsurprisingly they're containing Charizard and Greninja GX which the latter has the exact looking detail given as its recent tag team counterpart.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
So none of the newer cards get a promo. Oh well. I'm alright with this since I have to take a break from playing in the next few months haha. Hopefully it's just this set even though I do like the reprints (especially Field Blower).

Zipplip

Aspiring Trainer
It will be strange to play without Ultra Ball (if not downright annoying at first) but we also have: Nest Ball, Pokecom, Net Ball, Treasure, and Electromagnetic Radar. (And fossils.) I guess TPC wants to change the game so that not literally every deck will have the same core cards. Could actually be interesting. Or maybe the meta will only consist of Pikarom, (Radar) Malamar decks (Treasure) and Buzz&Phero (Net Ball).

Field Blower is not that big of a deal since it hasn't been that popular for a while anyway. Loss of Max Potion, E. Hammer and Acerola could make stall and distruption even weaker. Then again, without Zoroark in the format I guess DCE will not be that popular anymore either.
But Nest Ball and DCE are both rotating.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
And gere i was wondering how they gonna bring those alternate art into english. I wondr if the stadium might be used as championships placing rewards

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I neeeeeeeeeeed that playmat
attending 4 league cups won't hurt, right? especially because of the alt art ultra ball

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I have no idea why people are saying UB is getting rotated when it is in the Japanese set, Full Metal Wall which is are unbroken bonds set

They're in that set as alternate art, not as full members of the set. Look at the Japanese card, it has an "A" next to it. Japanese legality is a little different from RoW, from what I understand, it's not purely based on set.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Maybe there should be more reporting for league related news. But what would it be about?...
rsz-1rsz-thinking.png

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Will these be available for tcgo
The League print of Field Blower is already up on the TCGO, so it stands to reason that the other League rewards will be available as well. The only unknowns are the League Challenge prizes and the League Cup Ultra Ball.

EDIT: After checking Public Trades it seems no one actually has the card yet, so the code cards containing 'em will most likely be given out at around the same as the promo itself.