Pokemon What Is Your Most Disliked Pokémon and Why?

I can understand this, that a lot of people would be sick of overexposure. I was never bothered by this for some reason? I NOTICE it, sure, but that never really made my opinion of any Pokemon any lower than it was before. I mean, it doesn't necessarily raise or lower my opinion on a Pokemon. I love Charizard and Mewtwo, but the Eeveelutions have never been anything HUGE for me. I just look at each Pokemon individually with design, or the memories I had with it-It's what my four equally-favorite Pokemon (Empoleon/Snorlax/Lilligant/Darmanitan) all share-I love both their designs and the fact that simply put, I had FUN with them. I'm open to anything honestly and I always love trying new Pokemon in the games.

I'm aware of Piplup/Oshawott in the anime but I cannot comment on their spotlight due to only ever have watched the Orange Islands arc YEARS ago and absolutely nothing else in the anime. Did Fennekin get the spotlight?? I feel like out of any starter Greninja would have been the most exposed out of any of them... But maybe that's just from what I've seen.

And yeah, that's completely fine! Nothing's stopping you from liking or disliking any Pokemon, and that's really the beauty of it, you can just pick which ones are your favorite, and EVERYONE has different favorites.

One thing I feel I should clarify is that I don't specifically *dislike* said basic mons such as Piplup/Eevee, just that I'll never get excited over them. I don't know that I could ever "bond" with one if that makes any sense lol. I don't groan when I see them get the spotlight or merch though, I know its mostly a marketing thing and I see their appeal, it just isnt MY appeal.

Another thing I thought about too is that im a merch/plush collector, I don't do much cards these days. So seeing 20 plushes of Eevee vs seeing 20 different Eevee cards doesn't quite have the same translation I don't think, but maybe. Plushes just get so expensive, I know cards do too but I guess this really depends on just what kind of collector you are. I'll definitely be significantly less excited for *another* new line of Eevee plush than I would for something more unique (for example, the new line where every Kanto mon gets a plush).

Also yeah I consider Fennekin to be more the spotlight starter because of the anime and merch, Froakie really wasn't all that much. Greninja is in its own kind of tier, im only really counting stage one starters. Again its kind of a merch thing, if you look at certain lines of figures, toys, plush, etc you can usually see an obvious pattern in who's the favorite. Its harder to do this with cards because the TCG is a lot more diverse and spread out/certain Pokemon like starters always release together. I will say this though, gen 6 was pretty well-rounded so it could have easily been even. Also the "spotlight" starter is often the one that never evolves in the anime, not always, it became more a pattern after gen 3.

Last edited:
Also the "spotlight" starter is often the one that never evolves in the anime, not always, it became more a pattern after gen 3.
Really, or isn’t that the comedic relief starter, Piplup, Oshawott, Chespin, right now Rowlet. None of them really are the “spotlight” starter. For one, we has the Chimchar line, the Tepig line, the Froakie line, and, now, the Litten line. The difference is that two of these *cough*Chimchar and Froakie*cough* are actually liked by the majority of people, the line for Litten is pretty even, and less people liked gen 5 in general for some reason *cough*elemental monkeys and contradictory evil team*cough*.

Really, or isn’t that the comedic relief starter, Piplup, Oshawott, Chespin, right now Rowlet. None of them really are the “spotlight” starter. For one, we has the Chimchar line, the Tepig line, the Froakie line, and, now, the Litten line. The difference is that two of these *cough*Chimchar and Froakie*cough* are actually liked by the majority of people, the line for Litten is pretty even, and less people liked gen 5 in general for some reason *cough*elemental monkeys and contradictory evil team*cough*.

It can be debatable I guess on which starter is considered "spotlight". Again I'm not judging it solely on the anime, I'm also looking at how much merch they get.
Fennekin, Piplup, and Rowlet for example just have more merch than the others. Judging on popularity too, you can sometimes tell which starter is the most popular by looking at trades in game. (Doing wondertrade for example almost always got me Fennekin when I was trying to get other starters)

Here are some Pokemon I dislike:
1. Pichu:
Pichu was the beginning of an onslaught of unoriginal characters that just copied Pikachu's design. I don't have as much of a problem as I do with the other knockoff Pikachus however, such as Dedenne, Mimikyu, etc.

2. Chandelure:
Chandelure is another victim of the game designers' unoriginality. They just basically made a chandelier into a living thing. Then, they had to go and turn more inanimate objects into Pokemon. Some of them include, but are not limited to:
Klefki
Vanillish evolution line (We'll talk about him in a little bit)
Cofagrigus (Jesus Christ who thought it was a good idea to turn a coffin into a Pokemon?)
Honedge evolution line

3. Vanilluxe:
Besides being another inanimate object turned Pokemon, I hate the misused opportunity of Vanilluxe's shiny version. Vanilluxe is an ice cream cone, so it's shiny could've been a different flavor of ice cream than the normal vanilla flavor that the Pokemon is. The shiny version could've been chocolate or strawberry. Hell, it could've even been mint chocolate chip for all I care. But no, instead, it's just a darker shade of blue.

4. Seismitoad:
I don't like Seismitoad because, as a TCG player, Seismitoad EX was irritating in 2014.

Nearly everything in Gen 7.

delete.jpg

I absolutely despise Buzzwole, Zoroark, Landorus and Ferrothorn. The latter from my time on Showdown, and the former because they're super annoying in the TCG. Though I guess Landorus crosses over into both, having a thousand sets in the videogame and dunking for days in the TCG. So glad they changed that ruling.

I would like to update after nearly six years(!!) that my most disliked pokemon is still Chimchar for obvious reasons.

My leaf turtle boi was done dirty in the anime and the games :(

Stupid flame monkey

Maybe not my absolute least favorite, but I've always hated Purugly.
Come on, Glameow was a cute cat! How could you ruin that in the next evolution?

I can't really pinpoint my most disliked right now but the Chikorita family is a contender.

Design wise? Cute as heck.

Play wise? Its like trying to cut a house in half with a dull butter knife.

Back