Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Well, I'm new to this site, and I'll make a few mistakes (like accidentally liking your post while trying to quote it) but I've played quite a few games on a site called Mafia Scum. I've had at least 50 games over there. Then I've played the party game a hand full of times at parties and cons.
I'm pretty familiar with the game
Oh if you've played 50 games on MS you're automatically better than all of us low activity mafia peasants lol.
How would you describe your playstyle?

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
I find it interesting that as someone with a lot of experience, you wouldn't appreciate the slight hints that RVS can give @ Blink.
It's a way to catch out newbies or even see experienced players who are acting abnormally (Allowing partial meta usage)
Is it not used much for MS?

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
@VioletValkyrie, please confirm your role by liking the post directly above this one, as soon as possible.
Sorry, thought I had done that (twice actually) but the mobile site just hiccuped I guess, that's been taken care of now.

Other than that, hello. Good to be in another mafia game, though again please bear with me as I'm still not really a mafia player or used to its mechanics. I don't really know what to say at this current stage because it just seems like people throwing joke accusations around for a little bit until we get some more evidence to suspect someone?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, thought I had done that (twice actually) but the mobile site just hiccuped I guess, that's been taken care of now.

Other than that, hello. Good to be in another mafia game, though again please bear with me as I'm still not really a mafia player or used to its mechanics. I don't really know what to say at this current stage because it just seems like people throwing joke accusations around for a little bit until we get some more evidence to suspect someone?

Yup! That's exactly what it is - random voting stage.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr

It’s random voting stage, we’re just trying to have fun at this point.

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
That's not an answer. Why are you saying it's getting nowhere and not making at effort to have it go somewhere? It's not like RVS magically goes away on its own.

What would I have to do to to make it go somewhere? Vote different people. Why did you say I didn't make an effort to have it go somewhere? I did - by voting people.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Why did you say I didn't make an effort to have it go somewhere? I did - by voting people.
I'd probably agree with this if this vote actually moved things in that direction (i.e. if you vote Nick, and give good reason to suspect Nick in order to move the game along to eventually lynching Nick) but right now I'll agree this seems very low-effort, which you seem to be arguing against and that's what really raises suspicion for me. I know from the last game I've played and just spectating some early-game weeks of other people's games (mainly the ones I wrote for, Senate Subterfuge and Let's Go Kanto) that RVS seems pretty baseless but I think this is the only actual suspicious play I've seen from the game so far.

Not trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but hey, only one way to get started.
##VOTE: Professor_jplap

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
So 3 people are voting Jplap for saying the game is going nowhere? I'm not following.
Anyway he is not among the first 5 posters:

Zone
MegaPod
Gekki
GM Draclord
Kiiruma

At least one scum should be here. One of them I think can be let out of the list but I'll keep it for now.

##VOTE: MegaPod

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
So 3 people are voting Jplap for saying the game is going nowhere? I'm not following.

For me it's less about him saying the game is going nowhere, I totally agreed with that up until this point.

The reason I'm currently voting for him is because his reason for voting for Nick is very weak (though that's not a big issue because this is still RVS, I get that) but also that his vote that he claims he made in order to move the game in that direction isn't moving it in that direction at all, since he doesn't have any good reasoning to back up his claim currently.
When NP claims he hasn't moved the game forward after wanting it to be moved forwards, he argues back by saying he's pushing for the game to move forward by voting for Nick.
I personally believe his counter-argument makes absolutely no sense as voting for Nick doesn't push the game forwards, which he claims is the specific reason why he made the vote. So his actions and what he says the reasons for those actions are don't line up, making me suspicious of him. It gives me the feeling of him trying to hide something or not having a good reason to make a move like that, and I believe if you're town, you have nothing to hide by telling the truth.

Let me know if you're still confused on my reasoning, I hope I'm explaining everything properly.

Anyway he is not among the first 5 posters:

Zone
MegaPod
Gekki
GM Draclord
Kiiruma

But I am curious about something on your end, why do you suspect one of the first five posters, did they do something or is it a common scumtell to post quickly? I just feel like I don't understand this reasoning.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
I don't really know what to say at this current stage because it just seems like people throwing joke accusations around for a little bit until we get some more evidence to suspect someone?
Yup! That's exactly what it is - random voting stage.
It’s random voting stage, we’re just trying to have fun at this point.
For your information; I ain't joking about mine.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
For me it's less about him saying the game is going nowhere, I totally agreed with that up until this point.

The reason I'm currently voting for him is because his reason for voting for Nick is very weak (though that's not a big issue because this is still RVS, I get that) but also that his vote that he claims he made in order to move the game in that direction isn't moving it in that direction at all, since he doesn't have any good reasoning to back up his claim currently.
When NP claims he hasn't moved the game forward after wanting it to be moved forwards, he argues back by saying he's pushing for the game to move forward by voting for Nick.
I personally believe his counter-argument makes absolutely no sense as voting for Nick doesn't push the game forwards, which he claims is the specific reason why he made the vote. So his actions and what he says the reasons for those actions are don't line up, making me suspicious of him. It gives me the feeling of him trying to hide something or not having a good reason to make a move like that, and I believe if you're town, you have nothing to hide by telling the truth.

Let me know if you're still confused on my reasoning, I hope I'm explaining everything properly.

Not going to respond as Jplap could easily defend that line of thought, and I want to give him the option to do so. Or to slip if he's indeed scum.

But I am curious about something on your end, why do you suspect one of the first five posters, did they do something or is it a common scumtell to post quickly? I just feel like I don't understand this reasoning.

Some players are more excited to play when they are scum and are eager to start the game fast and comment something. This can be even more telling if you spot how one player is never quick to post on the beginning of a game and does so only now or in games where that player was scum. However, I mainly use it as a tool to narrow down the big pool of options to lynch on day one. If we can narrow down our searches it is more likely to hit scum, or to clear a townie. The reason being that when you face 5 options instead of 15 you are more focused and can invest your thoughts. People can be focused together on the targets instead of spreading around and lose focus, which often results in sheeping after one talkative player. So I suggest we put each set of 5 players to the test and if all are not found scummy- move on to the next. This is just a method I think is good to start D1 instaed of the usual RVS-find a lowsy case and go from there-approach that has been used so far.

Also I think it can be more interesting. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.