Unown DAMAGE Banned in Japan, Will Likely Be Banned by TPCi Too!

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
Never heard of the other one. What is it?

The second combo utilizes Deluge Blastoise, Frozen City, and Energy Reset. Frozen city places damage on board with each water energy attached by deluge and then you return them all to hand with Energy Reset and doing it again until you reach the damage needed. You either win Turn 1/2 or probably scoop similar to Forest of Giant Plants Shifty decks.

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
1 card makes the difference on a game winning in 1 to 2 turns? Geezus Pokemon just rotate the expanded format

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The text on the announcement hints that there will be something coming out in Full Metal WAAAALLL that will break Unown, that's why it's banned. Same goes for Maxie's.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, look. Something that actually breaks the game in Expanded gets banned while DCE remains unbanned. It’s almost as if DCE isn’t an issue!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So Stephane Ivanoff just goes and writes an article about a deck that's never placed well at any tournament, and also ended up 1/5/0 in the last League Cup I entered, and now it's banned?
OK, how about I write an article about a deck with 1 Bidoof and 59 Fairy Energy and see if they ban that?
I totally get that Pokemon shouldn't have OTK decks, but the timing of this seems rather erratic.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
lets all hope that with the ban of Maxies hidden ball trick that Archeops gets unbanned, the same way as Shiftry got an unbanning.

I mean you need to get out the plume fossil now, which means Archen must be in the bottom 7 cards of the deck for it to even go on the bench, then it has to survive 1 turn before you can evolve into archeops.

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
So Stephane Ivanoff just goes and writes an article about a deck that's never placed well at any tournament, and also ended up 1/5/0 in the last League Cup I entered, and now it's banned?.

Funny the way it's gone down.

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
lets all hope that with the ban of Maxies hidden ball trick that Archeops gets unbanned, the same way as Shiftry got an unbanning.

I mean you need to get out the plume fossil now, which means Archen must be in the bottom 7 cards of the deck for it to even go on the bench, then it has to survive 1 turn before you can evolve into archeops.

But the thing is Ditto Prism Star can evolve directly to Archeops. Putting a hard stop on evolving from hand is too dangerous an effect regardless.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Unknown damage was always the one that was absolut crap because its never gonna happen or it was going to he one that somebody would break and become immediately banned for the sake of keeping the game healthy I think this time it was more preemptive than anything else sense as it says the card has yet to do anything good yet