February's English Set: 'Team Up!'

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Look friends I don’t think there’s any debate that this Incineroar GX wouldn’t get mauled by Buzzwole... so Drampa/Charizard then? :p

Anyway Erika’s great. Instant staple, the “third supporter” this format desperately needed. I could easily see 4 Cynthia/2-3 Lillie/2 Erika being a generic supporter template for generic decks. Exciting stuff!

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
I can play MULTIPLE beast rings.
Also, when you knock out my Buzz Gx, then I'll attack with baby buzz.
Are you going to GX kill by baby buzz?
If you attack with the GX first and knock out Incineroar, I could knock it out so you can't play any more Beast Rings for the rest of the game. After that, Incineroar can easily OHKO baby Buzzwole.

Minoke

Aspiring Trainer
... doesn't that mean that Incineroar-GX can do 1,210 damage if it's on its last legs? 250 HP means it can have 24 damage counters - (24 * 50) + 10 = 1210. Nothing can survive that. Right?

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
If you attack with the GX first and knock out Incineroar, I could knock it out so you can't play any more Beast Rings for the rest of the game. After that, Incineroar can easily OHKO baby Buzzwole.
I would attack with a GX buzz first (or better yet a zygarde Gx for KOs on your littens)
Then you would knock it out (somehow)
You would have 4 prize cards
I use a whole lotta beast rings and then attack with baby buzz
you knock that out and then I kill you with Buzz GX and I play a Lusamine PS so YOU CAN'T KNOCK ME OUT

Also how do you plan to KO my 190 HP buzz GXs in one turn?
I will get a beast ring turn
You
can't
skip
beast
ring

If you still disagree, then you can make Incineroar/Drampa and I can wreck you with my buzz buzz.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
I would attack with a GX buzz first (or better yet a zygarde Gx for KOs on your littens)
Then you would knock it out (somehow)
You would have 4 prize cards
I use a whole lotta beast rings and then attack with baby buzz
you knock that out and then I kill you with Buzz GX and I play a Lusamine PS so YOU CAN'T KNOCK ME OUT

Also how do you plan to KO my 190 HP buzz GXs in one turn?
I will get a beast ring turn
You
can't
skip
beast
ring

If you still disagree, then you can make Incineroar/Drampa and I can wreck you with my buzz buzz.
Um, you would be right, if Incineroar didn't use its GX attack. Go ahead and make Buzz, but incineroar/Drampa will still wreck it because its GX can finish off any of your GXs and its normal attack can OHKO any baby Buzzwole you have. Once it knocks out another baby Buzz your Beast Rings will be rendered useless. Jus' the facts

TheRealPupnasty

Aspiring Trainer
So, In japan, if they have 5 or less they can draw, in the US if they have 4 or less they can draw.... Numbers are jacked somewhere.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Not at all. The card effect is the same. Both the Japanese wording and the English wording require no more than four cards (aside from Erika's Hospitality) in the player's hand in order to be usable. They just say the same thing differently.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
I’m confused. The original translation posted was “If you have more than 6 cards in your hand (including this one), you can’t play this card.” That’s different than the translation here. So was it just mistranslated here last month?

What do you mean? Both translation say that you can't have 6+ cards in your hand before playing that card, you cant play it. 5 or less with that card in hand is allowed.

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
The Japanese and English translations are different if you are using Erika through some effect other than playing it directly from your hand, and you currently have five cards in your hand. By the Japanese version, you have less than six cards in your hand including Erika, since you don't have to include Erika since it's not in your hand. But by the English version you have more than four cards in your hand so you can't use it.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
The Japanese and English translations are different if you are using Erika through some effect other than playing it directly from your hand, and you currently have five cards in your hand. By the Japanese version, you have less than six cards in your hand including Erika, since you don't have to include Erika since it's not in your hand. But by the English version you have more than four cards in your hand so you can't use it.

I believe that a ruling could come out before Team Up's release to make it even more clear if a situation such as Stunning Likeness copies Erika's Hospitality, since the Jap allows 5 cards or less including Erika's Hospitality, while the English only allows 4 not named Erika's Hospitality, because if one doesn't come out to clarify effect-based use, what would happen if the Stunning Likeness user has 5 cards, but none of them are named Erika's Hospitality?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ah, this means that Silvally gets the ever-important Water Memory to counter Blacephalon GX and Memory Box might be decent again. Now awaiting Steel Memory...

...I don’t suppose we’ll be getting that truckload of beautiful Shiny Pokémon Secret Rares within our portion of Japan’s GX Ultra Shiny?