News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Attack says "excluding this pokemon", so, as I understood, it will be able to knock out bigger threats without counting on his own HP.
This one will be a hellish addition to Greninja break, any 180HP will be below other Greninja's range with just one Ability. furthermore, 2 abilities means straight KO to any 240 or less, and I'm not counting shrine or eventual Koko's.

Surely a High tier card, no doubts, it's possibilities are so immense I can't even imagine.

Wechselbalg

brb
Isn't the ability lock Greninja still better in Expanded though for Greninja Break? In Standard spread, Honchkrow is better imo as it is only a stage 1. Still, interesting card.

IrfanKareem50

Aspiring PTCG Master :3
The fact that u need to evolve it, attach dce to it, AND THEN fulfill another requirement to get a knockout... Nay? :confused:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Decent, I suppose. Obviously and as heavily previously stated, it goes well with Greninja BREAK or Greninja GX, pick your format.
Is it good otherwise? Absolutely not. Why target weakened Pokémon when you can just Guzma and OHKO? Plus, it’s a big commitment to put in a deck, at least 3 spaces if you're not running any other frogs...

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I assume that because it says remaining hp than you can knock out a full health Pokémon that has less hp than your own

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
This could have a place as a surprise finisher in that Greninja-GX/Meganium deck, since it already plays the Froakie, it wouldn’t be hard to get this in play with Meganium, and the first attack has good synergy with the GX’s snipe ability

Of course, who knows what the meta will look like come next May, so only time will tell

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Greninja - the first atk.. Is basically Gardevoir Lv. X from Secret Wonders. But the HP can't cope it up the fact that it can only target below 120 HP Pokémon. That means you can OHKO non-GX Mons like Koko, like Magcargo, like Oranguru. But as a tech on a spread deck? Not a fan because its a stage 2 and needs to chain evolve it, what I mean you need to evolve from a Frogadier that spreads damage counters. In a Greninja GX deck, I am go for it. But in some decks, no! 3-4 Geodudes
It excludes itself!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
The problem with Greninja's attack is that you often will not knock out a GX with it, because your opponent's lowest remaining HP Pokemon usually ends up being a Non-GX anyways. And on most situations you could KO a GX with the move, the victim would be damaged enough that most decent attackers could knock it out anyways with lesser effort.

Also, there is something vague about the wording: Do we have to choose the lowest remaining HP between all Pokemon in play, excluding itself, regardless of which side they are on? If so, then if a 70 HP Froakie on your bench had the lowest HP of your side, and lower HP than any of your opponent's Pokemon, your opponent would be safe from the attack, as that poor frog would become the victim of the move instead.

Last edited:

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Great tech for Greninja GX that should be easy enough to drop when trading. Honestly, I think it's value is in being the sit in pokemon once you reshuffle in Greninja GX since it has the free retreat, but will be interested nonetheless to test if this is accurate.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Expanded Greninja? Anyone?
Also, there is something vague about the wording: Do we have to choose the lowest remaining HP between all Pokemon in play, excluding itself, regardless of which side they are on? If so, then if a 70 HP Froakie on your bench had the lowest HP of your side, and lower HP than any of your opponent's Pokemon, your opponent would be safe from the attack, as that poor frog would become the victim of the move instead.
Then don't use the attack and retreat.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Idk why people think the first attack is meh. As long as you don't have the weakest Pokemon on the field, you're guaranteed a knockout. Afaik you don't need to spread damage to trigger it based on wording, your opponent just needs to have the weakest Poke on the field besides Greninja. Which makes Lele an even bigger risk to play because it's likely going to be the weakest GX your opponent plays.

Wechselbalg

brb
Afaik you don't need to spread damage to trigger it based on wording, your opponent just needs to have the weakest Poke on the field besides Greninja. Which makes Lele an even bigger risk to play because it's likely going to be the weakest GX your opponent plays.

If the translation is 100% accurate then this attack can only target pokemon with damage counters on them because of the 'remaining' part. This is the same reason why Hustle Belt doesn't work with NM Joltik for example. (Unless, of course, Joltik has damage counters on it.)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Huh. So no one mentioned how the artwork shows Greninja staring down a Charizard. It's like, "Oh, yeah? You think you're the most popular starter? Bring it on."
EDIT: While I was typing, yoshikkun mentioned it!

But I am glad others remembered the first attack is Gardevoir Lv.X's attack. I loved using that when I was first getting into playing the TCG. But this is easier to use since you can just slap on a DCE.

And once again, it's disappointing to see all the "meh" comments for a card that clearly has potential. Sure, you probably shouldn't focus your deck around this attack. But in the right circumstances, this attack is amazing. Focus on the performance of the rest of your deck first, then use this attack.

This is why it's been so refreshing to see Japanese tournament decklists that use these new cards. They actually try them out instead of automatically saying no.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Huh. So no one mentioned how the artwork shows Greninja staring down a Charizard. It's like, "Oh, yeah? You think you're the most popular starter? Bring it on."
EDIT: While I was typing, yoshikkun mentioned it!

But I am glad others remembered the first attack is Gardevoir Lv.X's attack. I loved using that when I was first getting into playing the TCG. But this is easier to use since you can just slap on a DCE.

And once again, it's disappointing to see all the "meh" comments for a card that clearly has potential. Sure, you probably shouldn't focus your deck around this attack. But in the right circumstances, this attack is amazing. Focus on the performance of the rest of your deck first, then use this attack.

This is why it's been so refreshing to see Japanese tournament decklists that use these new cards. They actually try them out instead of automatically saying no.
The automatically saying no in America is why I think Metagross/DMNecrozma will take Anheim. People see that it's a little slow and rule it out. But it can recover from a 3-prize card disadvantage fairly easy. It WILL take Anaheim, mark my words.