Finished Mafia LV : Let's Go (Kanto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In this case, I'm guessing someone is puppeting his vote or something (I've never seen anything like this before.. Help)
Neither have I, which is why my first thought was that it must be something else. It's not impossible, however. We'll see when the next vote count comes around.
Because of the lack of chat. As usual.
There are 4 entire pages of thread, chat isn't lacking. Maybe before it was mostly fluff, but now there are legitimate points being discussed. If anything, if chat is lacking, that gives less of an excuse to not read.
This is a 4 day Day Phase. Yet even if you were to talk with me -whose posts depend on mood, and are thus inconsistent- for two weeks, you are likely unable to convince me to pull FoS-es out of nowhere.
You don't /have/ to FoS every chance you get, it's just a playstyle thing. Everyone contributes in their own way, though admittedly some more than others. You don't have to be super vocal about your reads or thoughts, so long as you're at least actually trying.

That being said, it would certainly be more helpful if you didn't tunnel into mechanics and opened up your scope a bit.
Also, if I were you, I would focus on chat rather than mechanics before NP and Mariano votes you for mentioning mechanics.
It's not that it's bad to talk about mechanics (the vote ability thing is the main point right now) but it's bad to only talk about mechanics.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Simple really. I usually treat myself as a Survivor until some bandwagon starts or until someone make a mistake. For the former I will see the reasons for a bandwagon first, and then see whether I will join them or ignore them. For the latter I simply start or join the bandwagon.
So if Mafia start a wagon over a townie you just simply jump in there without even analyzing if the victim could be a town?

Um... When it comes to reading, I am also bad at it. But unlike you, I -at a certain point- don't see the reason to do it anymore.
Ok, so honestly I don't know how you plan to win the game as Town.

This is a 4 day Day Phase. Yet even if you were to talk with me -whose posts depend on mood, and are thus inconsistent- for two weeks, you are likely unable to convince me to pull FoS-es out of nowhere.
I don't want you to pull FoSes out of nowhere, I try to understand your way of thinking and how you plan to find scum if you are truly town.

Also, if I were you, I would focus on chat rather than mechanics before NP and Mariano votes you for mentioning mechanics.
And this confuses me even more. Aren't you the one who doesn't want to focus on chat to make reads? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Let's just say, with the 4 pokemon I had I can't even use 2 of them and the other two abilities are very meh.
Same situation.
Then my theory was the puppeting voted because I dunno, it seems like a witchy sorta ability.
I thought witch abilities are only for night actions? At least that's how Witches work in ToS. An ability to witch someone during Day is also possible, but I think the perma-stay-on-vote-for-the-Day theory is more likely.
Or something that just makes your vote permanently stay on someone in particular.
This is literally what I told you. (Or at least wanted to tell you.)
Was there a VC from before?
Only one. In it, it was shown that I RVS-ed scattered before going to Nick. It then shows that I changed my vote from Nick to Nick, even though I had changed my vote back to scattered. Basically: Read Post #73.
Maybe before it was mostly fluff, but now there are legitimate points being discussed.
About what though? What are we currently discussing that are legitimately progressive?
The talk about soft-claiming which Pokemons we have released?
The talk about what happened to Nick and why my vote stayed on him?
Those 4 Pages are literally talks about fluff, FoS, RVS, reasoning for FoS, and recently mechanics. The FoS-es are weak overall, but strong enough to make me comment on some of them. In my opinion, there is still nothing valuable "yet" in these 100 posts.
That being said, it would certainly be more helpful if you didn't tunnel into mechanics and opened up your scope a bit.
I said that I would ignore chat, not focus on mechanics. --which is ironically contradictory because I am now talking to you, Mariano and NP, which means that I am not ignoring chat. --either way, still nothing to talk about.
It's not that it's bad to talk about mechanics (the vote ability thing is the main point right now) but it's bad to only talk about mechanics.
I am talking with you right now about "legitimate points" (which are still nowhere to be found for me). This talk is not about mechanics-only. There. I did it.

Zone Q11

So if Mafia start a wagon over a townie you just simply jump in there without even analyzing if the victim could be a town?
No. As I said before in the post you quoted, I would read the reasons for the victim to be wagonned first, and then make my judgement as to whether "the reason is reasonable, so I join the wagon" or "the reason is unreasonable, so I ignore the wagon".
Ok, so honestly I don't know how you plan to win the game as Town.
Emphasis on "plan". I have no plans. That's how I always "plan" to play Mafia: No plans.
I try to understand (...) how you plan to find scum if you are truly town.
That's another thing about this game. We have 11 Players, and if NP is not lying, then there should be only 2 Mafias.
Clearly, they are in a disadvantage numbers-wise, but the same goes for town: There are 9 towns, so getting two scum from 10 other players will take a while.
I don't expect town to get scum D1 at all. In fact, I believe that town will be lynched D1 and D2. I suppose this is pessimistic, but at least this is also realistic.
As of now, I can only see two groups. The active players and the inactive players. While some of the latter (actually, I think it's only scattered....) have personal issues with RL, some of them (like GamePhoenix and LuisPipe8) seems as if they didn't know the game has started at all.
Within these two groups, there is nobody who gives me any vibes regarding their alignment whatsoever.
Aren't you the one who doesn't want to focus on chat to make reads? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.
Ah. So here is where the misunderstanding lies.
You see, I don't plan to stay ignoring the chat. As of now, I am more focused towards the mechanics, but I didn't abandon the chat.
The "plan" was to ignore the chat for a while, while I am making a google sheet about the mechanics, and then go back to the chat once something happens. (Like bandwagonning or someone making a mistake.)
Well... if Vom's theory is true though, then I wouldn't be able to remove my vote from Nick. So even if I want to, I don't think I can do much else aside from writing my rankings.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
No. As I said before in the post you quoted, I would read the reasons for the victim to be wagonned first, and then make my judgement as to whether "the reason is reasonable, so I join the wagon" or "the reason is unreasonable, so I ignore the wagon".
You're right, sorry, I missed that part.

That's another thing about this game. We have 11 Players, and if NP is not lying, then there should be only 2 Mafias.
Clearly, they are in a disadvantage numbers-wise, but the same goes for town: There are 9 towns, so getting two scum from 10 other players will take a while.
I agree with the 2 mafians. But knowing Drac I'm more inclined to think there are 8 townies and 1 indie.

Kiiruma

Dancer of Doom
I'll make reads once a good bit has been posted.
For now Zone is pretty much null (Due to the weird shenanigans going on and we don't know if it's planned or not)
I'd say Vom is one of my top townreads for now but there's not really much to go on. So this could easily change later on.
Sorry for speaking so much about mechanics but we need to work stuffs out

Zone Q11

I agree with the 2 mafians. But knowing Drac I'm more inclined to think there are 8 townies and 1 indie.
Mm... Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. (No sarcasm.)
However, seeing as all neutrals are more likely to backstab town anyways, let's just lynch them too. Perhaps even kill them if scum is unlucky enough.
I am calling it now: You will either do this D2 or not at all. Because seeing how our current conversation is going, I doubt that any reads is going to be helpful to town at all if you were to post it at any time in D1. It will more likely help scum as you would give them a target-list.
For now Zone is pretty much null (Due to the weird shenanigans going on and we don't know if it's planned or not)
If my actions were planned, then I would have done so too last game, and if my every action was planned last game, then scumchat and PMJ wouldn't have to suffer my rants near the end of the game.
Basically: Whether I am scum, town or neutral, I always play with no plans.
I'd say Vom is one of my top townreads for now but there's not really much to go on. So this could easily change later on.
Really? In my eyes, Celever is one of the top towns. He is literally the only one among the (semi-)active players that doesn't bother with my actions. (Or at least, not in the open.) This is probably because he hasn't read the latest posts yet, but my mood-based impression of him is still better than NP's, Vom's, Mariano's and yours.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Really don’t understand the Muk theory. What exacly happened that you think would lead you to find scum once you find the one who released Muk?

Also I am going to skip Zones posts until I have time to reread. It’s so easy to catch up that way.

Celever

Wheeeee~
scattered beat me to the punch, but yeah. Everyone who's claimed for no reason is misplaying, but I'm not sure where the scum is in that play. I'm sure it's there somewhere, though.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
I'll be back soon, I believe there was a mistake with my actions. I already asked Drac about it.

In the meantime: ##VOTE: Celever
Heya, pal, how's it going?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Really don’t understand the Muk theory. What exacly happened that you think would lead you to find scum once you find the one who released Muk?
It all started when we realized there was something strange in the vote count, and Vom proposed a theory that someone used an ability to make Zone's first vote unremovable. By flavor, Vom also said it could be a Muk, and Zone and me kinda agreed. With that in mind, we think the one that released Muk by using its ability may be scum because it's a disruption effect, and there is no reason a town would execute a disruption ability on Night 0.
Now that I see it written and all in one place with a lot of "uncertain" words (the bolded ones), it's highgly unprobable we end up finding a scum at the end of the chain with so many weak chain links. I'm dropping it.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Sorry for speaking so much about mechanics but we need to work stuffs out

Why do you think Vom is townie? Can you give a quote from him that made you think that?

Zone Q11

Also I am going to skip Zones posts until I have time to reread. It’s so easy to catch up that way.
Good idea.
I'm sure it's there somewhere, though.
Um... The ones who played along with me were: Vom, Kiruma, NP and Mariano. If it helps, that is.
It all started when we realized there was something strange in the vote count, and Vom proposed a theory that someone used an ability to make Zone's first vote unremovable. By flavor, Vom also said it could be a Muk, and Zone and me kinda agreed. With that in mind, we think the one that released Muk by using its ability may be scum because it's a disruption effect, and there is no reason a town would execute a disruption ability on Night 0.
Now that I see it written and all in one place with a lot of "uncertain" words (the bolded ones), it's highgly unprobable we end up finding a scum at the end of the chain with so many weak chain links. I'm dropping it.
Aw... Too bad. Oh well.

Celever

Wheeeee~
The most noteworthy of those players you mentioned Zone is NP, as you also mentioned he simultaneously criticised the route that that group was headed down, whilst contributing to it. Pretty suspicious.

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: NinjaPenguin

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
What drawbacks are there to claiming the Pokemon as you as you don't claim the ability? The issue is being willing to drop the idea of making reads for mechanics so early D1.

NinjaPenguin

Zone, you will literally never lynch scum with that attitude that you won't. So instead I'm gonna ask you to do a simple thing. View this page. Read every post. Tell me one post that seems like it's trying to blend in to the town rather than being genuine. Make a tone read if you have to (it's even encouraged).

Celever

Wheeeee~
What drawbacks are there to claiming the Pokemon as you as you don't claim the ability? The issue is being willing to drop the idea of making reads for mechanics so early D1.
Exactly, and you directly assisted the conversation of dropping reads for mechanics by being one of the first people to further that topic, making it into a conversation. You're contradicting smh.

NinjaPenguin

Exactly, and you directly assisted the conversation of dropping reads for mechanics by being one of the first people to further that topic, making it into a conversation. You're contradicting smh.
No I didn't dude read the posts. I FoS'd dropping reads for mechanics and told people they should focus on reads.

Zone Q11

What drawbacks are there to claiming the Pokemon as you as you don't claim the ability?
I think it was Vom (or Mariano) who said that the released Pokemon will be available again the following Day. Every Pokemon has their Ability listed, and some have the same Abilities. From there, I can know who did what by using which Pokemon.
The issue is being willing to drop the idea of making reads for mechanics so early D1
...issue? Issues are a bad thing, right? How is it bad to drop readlists D1? IIRC, you guys were the ones who reprimanded me to not give a readlist because it gives scum their targets.
Zone, you will literally never lynch scum with that attitude that you won't. So instead I'm gonna ask you to do a simple thing. View this page. Read every post. Tell me one post that seems like it's trying to blend in to the town rather than being genuine. Make a tone read if you have to (it's even encouraged).
Kiiruma in #106. Stating the obvious about me. Giving Vom a bit towncred. Stating that he will make a readlist.
LuisPipe8 in #110. RVS. Nothing noteworthy, but also nothing towny.
Mariano11887 in #111. Dropped the mechanics matter. Could be seen as either "a town who realizes that he was unprogressive" or "a scum who understood that the talk about mechanics is about to end, and thus dropped the topic". Personally, it is WIFOM.
Celever in #114. He once had a conspiracy theory about you and me being scumbuddies. Why the heck would he go for you instead of accusing me of my uselessness? We should be equally scummy in his eyes at best.

Zone Q11

you directly assisted the conversation of dropping reads for mechanics by being one of the first people to further that topic, making it into a conversation
No I didn't dude read the posts.
NP is correct. Our fluff talk went about ToS.
Then it got dropped.
Then I commented on NP's post (which was intended for Nick) about ignoring chat until something happens. This was Post #72.
Then the Vom theory appears in Post #78.

Status
Not open for further replies.