Help Question about Arceus Deck Building Limit

Marcoski

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone,

I know that only the "Arceus Lv.100" with the rule (You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like) has no limit on how many I put in a deck. But what if I want to add another Arceus from other sets too such as XY Promo #197?

Am I allowed to add this Arceus too despite it having the same name as the Arceus Lvl.100 regarding the 4 cards limit?

Thank you very much!

Hehe, I remember those cards! Those original Arceus cards specifically stated that you can play with as many copies of them as you want, but other prints of Arceus, like XY Promo #197, don't include that exemption. You can only play with four of them. They have the same name, and you can only play with 4 copies of the card with the same name, but again— printed exemption for the originals.

Last edited:
Hehe, I remember those cards! Those original Arceus cards specifically stated that you can play with as many copies of them as you want, but other prints of Arceus, like XY Promo #197, don't include that exemption. You can only play with four of them. They have the same name, and you can only play with 4 copies of the card with the same name, but again— printed exemption for the originals.

So, for my understanding, I cannot play the Arceus (#197) if I already have 4 copies of Arceus Lv.100 in the deck right?

Thanks for replying and sorry I might have made it confusing, haha!

You should still be able to play up to four copies of Arceus XY197 in a deck with the older Arceus cards. They all have the same name since 'level' doesn't change the Pokemon name, but those older cards do say "You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like". This is a good example of 'do what the card says'.

Back