SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Does anyone think Weakness Policy will be played widely with Tag Team GXs to prevent 3-prize OHKOs?

Blinkehyo

Aspiring Trainer
So pidgeotto is a free acro bike?
I cant see it having too much use considering it's a stage one, unless it's some sort of tech to play off of another card

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok my opinion from TAG TEAM GX.
Is risk cards (3 price cards) but ig you play correctly you may forcing opponent to 8 price game(Tag team+ regular GX=5 or 2 gx + single price the classic one) so i don't really care from 3 price taken! Ok is usually bad trade against single price attacker but the most TAG TEAM decks was not solo i thing.

my favorite was Wailord magicarp TAG TEAM have very cheap GX attack(ok does nothing) but Hala is wanterfull card here from Mill Wall deck(lokks like classic Wailord wall GX)

Lets talk from Other Tag team Mimikyu is Great (opponent Give up a turn(can only attack and use Abilities ok is not skip) and with 8 cards(with great info from opponent hand) can K.O next turn. I love this ability Zoroark can OHKO this but is not so popular now, looks like Malamar and Ninetails was replaces Zoroarks.

Picachu was GREAT attacker (150 with 3 energy great exelleration AND can boost super easy to hit key munbers) The GX attack was Expencive but (magnezone) can win the game easily

Snorlax i love this kind of card. Is expencive but can crash Almost all Evolution decks GX Attack was EXELENT in meta with low hand destraction i now both is weak to buzzwall but we cannot have it all

Celeby is REALLY unferpower but At least have nuts GX attack! I love the TAG TEAM GX idea maybe change the meta

Last edited:

PwnzorProd

Aspiring Trainer
I think people are sleeping on this card when paired with marshadow GX. I allows you to avoid the weakness to dark and giving up three prizes.

IrfanKareem50

Aspiring PTCG Master :3
Hmm I wonder how the full art versions of all these tag team GXs will look like. Hopefully they print trainer support solely for tag team GXes, might be fun :)

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Tauros is back! If only pinsir guillotine hugs for CCC Attack cost :( it can be splashed into a blissey malamar Deck ;)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Ultimately the same thing as Ultra Necrozma but opponent takes 3 prizes instead of 2 so I doubt it will be played in Malamar any time soon (Ultra Necrozma's attack even does 20 extra damage). I don't think the extra HP is a trade off that's very much worth it. Its need for 1 Water Energy attached ruins its chances to even be a 1-of in Gaskan.

Last edited:

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
This card is #60, and Dragonite is #65.
So we will have two Dratini and two Dragonair, or we will have another Dragon type Tag Team and two Dratini and one Dragonair.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry to bust your surprised because it was predicted due to Latam Internats merchandise it was seen on the staff ID. Sorry, sir.
  • Lati@s TTGX - Malamar is a thing and can OHKO almost anything. 4-5 Geodudes

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
A legendary pokemon duo becoming Tag Team Gx, I dont think you could say nobody saw it coming, is not that surprising, if they make something like Illumase & Volbeat Tag Team Gx that will be really unexpected

PS: I want a good Solrock & Lunatone Tag Team Gx

Last edited:

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Sad, was hoping for a Metal and Fairy tag team in Febs set, now we only have one left to be revealed.

Dragon type is beyond boring to me.

Brian Kent

Aspiring Trainer
Rainbow Energy + Acerola in a malamar deck, seems pretty good. However Gardevoir GX and Granbull decks will keep it in check. Seems balanced.