• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The New God Tier Deck?(Zoroark GX/Weavile)

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Yo guys I'm back again with a fun deck that I really enjoy playing because it just wins against quite a bit of decks that are played now a days (Zoroark, Ray, and Malamar) and I've already won two league challenges with it, making it quite good. Here's the list:

Pokemon: 19

4x Zoroark GX (SHL)
4x Zorua (SHL)
2x Weavile (ULP)
2x Sneasel (CLS)
1x Macargo (CLS)
1x Slugma (LST)
1x Ditto <> (LST)
1x Tapu Koko (Promo)
1x Buzzwole (FBL)
2x Tapu Lele GX (GRI)

Trainers: 33

4x Cynthia (ULP)
2x Judge (FBL)
2x Lillie (SUM)
3x Professor Elm's Lecture (LST)
2x Acerola (BUS)
3x Guzma (BUS)

4x Ultra Ball (SUM)
2x Nest Ball (SUM)
3x Custom Catcher (LST)
1x Pal Pad (ULP)
1x Rescue Stretcher (GRI)

3x Choice Band (GRI)
1x Weakness Policy (BUS)

2x Devoured Field (CRI)

Energy: 8

4x Double Colorless Energy (SUM)
4x Unit Energy(Dark, Fighting, Fairy)

So this deck is basically just a Zoroark GX deck that plays Weavile to 1HKO things like Rays, Zoroarks, Lycanrocs, Necrozmas, etc. to make those match-ups pretty good.

Any Suggestions for this deck would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!

Shameshame

Aspiring Trainer
I actually main decked this deck for a really long time (Even before FBL) and frankly, it is an absolute house of a deck. It look like I might have to dust it off the old shelf and bring it back with some new LST cards tho cause it had a small problem with getting consistent energy when you needed it which Magcargo obviously fixes.

The only thing I would change just from previous experience with the deck is this:
-1 Elm's Lecture
+ Kukui

Also, since Zeraora is probably going to be a thing one day, people will finally catch on to the fact that Xuirkitree is a card so you might want to consider replacing 2 Unit energy with basic Dark energy if it does end up becoming a thing. Just a thought though.

Wechselbalg

brb
Also, since Zeraora is probably going to be a thing one day, people will finally catch on to the fact that Xuirkitree is a card so you might want to consider replacing 2 Unit energy with basic Dark energy if it does end up becoming a thing. Just a thought though.

Alolan Muk is a better option imo, with Ditto already being more or less a staple for decks that play multiple stage 1 lines it's not difficult to tech it in.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I've played (running Buzzwole Beast Box or Buzzwole-Garbodor) against decks similar to yours and feel I have at least 80-20 chance of winning largely due to my opponents did not run a sufficient number of Weakness Policy Tools. IMO, 1 Weakness Policy, especially if you're not running Oranguru (Resource Management), is woefully insufficient.

Suggested changes for your consideration:

-1 Ditto
-1 Tapu Koko

+1 Weakness Policy
+1 Oranguru (Resource Management)
I hope you find these comments helpful.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I played this deck back when rotation just began. You straight up die to Buzz Shrine and Big Buzz :/