News 'Lost Thunder,' America's November Set!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Whoa. I usually don't get too excited for the prerelease promos. Whatever I get is fine with me. But that Giratina?! Yes, please! Raikou's an awesome choice too. And at least the artwork for both Suicune and Tapu Lele look very nice.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Is this really getting 210 cards for English release?! That's double the Japanese set and 110 seems more accurate.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Ok, my opinion on these (In pre-release only):

Suicune: 4/4 The best of the bunch. GREAT ability, good attack with a easy attack cost and really good effect.
Raikou: 2/4 Meh. You’re probably not going to get any energy into the Lost Zone in a pre-release. HP is good and if you do get some energy in it could be OK, but not great.
Giratina: 3/4 This one’s only second best because of the clunky attack cost and ability. In a pre-release, reviving a Pokémon isn’t too helpful, but on the other hand, the attack plus ability will allow you to knock out multiple Pokémon at once, which is great in a game where people will have really weak Pokémon on the bench.
Tapu Lele: 1/4 Yeah, unless you pull a Fairy Charm or get one with the preset cards, this is not really good at all. With no DCE, the attack is too low powered to have no effect.
My general opinion is that Suicune and Giratina are really good, Raikou and Tapu Lele not so much. Also, they’re all basics, which is interesting. If Giratina can get rolling, not much is going to stop it, but Suicune can shove anything and everything back to the bench, then heal itself with Aurora Gain. If you’re lucky enough to get energy into the Lost Zone or a Fairy Charm, the other two could be OK as well.

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Poor Entei, he's missed out. Seriously though, Giratina is going to be expensive.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
How on Earth?! Are they going to make future sets this big so they don't have to deal with Special Sets?

It's just the way we keep up with Japan's release schedule nowadays. They release new sets all the time so to compensate we get these behemoth sets akin to the e series. I doubt special sets (If you mean like Shining Legends, Generations, etc.) Are going anywhere though.

Also, great promo selection this time around! Raikou looks great, and giratina getting one is a welcome surprise.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
I’m gonna get em off eBay like I did with last lot. Giratina may be the one worth the most but that’s what you all said about kyogre in CS but I got him for £9.99 so giratina will probably be the same

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
It's just the way we keep up with Japan's release schedule nowadays. They release new sets all the time so to compensate we get these behemoth sets akin to the e series. I doubt special sets (If you mean like Shining Legends, Generations, etc.) Are going anywhere though.

Also, great promo selection this time around! Raikou looks great, and giratina getting one is a welcome surprise.
So will it come with Tunderclap Spark and Fairy Rise? Cards?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Thunderclap Spark, Fairy Rise and Super Burst Impact will all be in our Lost Thunder
So it has like... 30-50 Secret/Ultra Rares?

111 (Lost Thunder) + 73 (Thunderclap Spark) + 63 (Fairy Rise) - 5 (Duplicates between LOT and TCS) = 242

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
How on Earth?! Are they going to make future sets this big so they don't have to deal with Special Sets?
No, they just had a bunch of cards from random places they haven’t given us.
It helps that the two Japan sets are particularly large.