Community About Age. Too Old to Play?

Aus_guy

Aspiring Trainer
My question is that I have just started playing the TCG and only have one store to play at where I am located. The problem I have is that the store owner has made some comments in regards to my age I am 42 do you think that this is to old to be playing? What is the oldest player you have where you play?

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Yeah, 42 is not too old to be playing. Simple fact is that there isn't an age that is "too old" to play Pokémon. The store owner really shouldn't be making those kinds of comments in my opinion, because it's not like your age is something that actually matters while playing. Regardless of who you are, or how old you are, Pokémon is something to enjoy that everyone can enjoy. I've met parents of people I've played the TCG against who are at least 50 years old and they still enjoy playing the game.

You've just started? Have fun, man. And welcome to PokéBeach. I hope you enjoy the game and your experiences that come with it, experiences that will last your lifetime, regardless of your current age.
~ VioletValkyrie

Aus_guy

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, 42 is not too old to be playing. Simple fact is that there isn't an age that is "too old" to play Pokémon. The store owner really shouldn't be making those kinds of comments in my opinion, because it's not like your age is something that actually matters while playing. Regardless of who you are, or how old you are, Pokémon is something to enjoy that everyone can enjoy. I've met parents of people I've played the TCG against who are at least 50 years old and they still enjoy playing the game.

You've just started? Have fun, man. And welcome to PokéBeach. I hope you enjoy the game and your experiences that come with it, experiences that will last your lifetime, regardless of your current age.
~ VioletValkyrie
Thank you so much

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Age is but a number; most of the time when adults get into the game, it's because their son and/or daughter is in the game, and they willingly pick up the game in order to be a good practice partner.

They'll try to help out their kid playing the TCG, and while they may not have the same ambitions as their kids may; I think playing the TCG together can be a good exercise to build trust, understanding and respect between parent and offspring.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
It's fairly common to see older players at local tournaments, a lot of pokemoms and pokedads out there who got into it because their kids were playing. They tend to be more casual players but there are some out there with serious skill.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Age is but a number; most of the time when adults get into the game, it's because their son and/or daughter is in the game, and they willingly pick up the game in order to be a good practice partner.

They'll try to help out their kid playing the TCG, and while they may not have the same ambitions as their kids may; I think playing the TCG together can be a good exercise to build trust, understanding and respect between parent and offspring.

While this is a common thing, I want to (attempt to) clear up the misconception that older players are only playing because they have children that play the game. That's very untrue and you don't need to have anyone else (A child, friend, parent, whoever it may be) to play the game with you in order to justify you playing it yourself.

Rizbizkit

Aspiring Trainer
My question is that I have just started playing the TCG and only have one store to play at where I am located. The problem I have is that the store owner has made some comments in regards to my age I am 42 do you think that this is to old to be playing? What is the oldest player you have where you play?

Wow that's really not a nice thing to say to you. I wish my love for PTCG would stay forever! I'd wanna be that old guy that comes in every week and teach them young kids how to play the game, and also beat them in league cups/challenges. Heheh