'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

Christopher Hinkle

Aspiring Trainer
Very lovely art. The hearts added to this card make it pop!! Personally I cannot wait to see how the Full Art Tyranitar GX, and Suicune GX turn out. This is a very exciting set for me Alolan Muk will have a field day with Shuckle, and Suicune GX shutting their abilities down but Lugia could see play with Ho-Oh GX and Reshiram GX, with Kiawe.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Seems kind of like an unwieldly way to draw cards.

Draws a maximum of 7, but I can't see a point in loading your deck with 4 copies of these that are useless in early game draws. Pal Padding to throw 1 copy back into the deck to draw it later isn't exactly reliable since...there's only one copy in your whole deck to dig out, and playing Lusamine to grab her back to hand directly means a turn without any other supporter usage (and playing more supporters that have no value in the early game which leads to more bricking).

At least she's cute though.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
it seems like it could be pretty decent with compressor in expanded, you can access them with vs seeker and start drawing 7 right away

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
This will be fun in expanded with compressers and vs seeker to chain 7 card draws. Will this ever be super competive probably not. It would probably work well in Expanded Zoroark since it needs to draw more carss

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
This is really only good for collectors(full art is beautiful by the way). Not really going to see much competitive play I don't think.

TheRealBro..

Oh man, Whitney. Remember that Rollout Miltank? It still makes me mad.. And when you finally beat it after 48 tries she didn't give you the badge, causing you to almost throw your gameboy against the wall again.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You can even Ultra Ball the first Whitney (or two) one into the discard. Or ACro Bike. Or ...

Then the next Whitneys draw 3, 5, 7 (without discarding what is in your hand.) With N gone, this seems decent. However...

Tate & Lisa seems more practical - guaranteed 5 plus the option to switch.

And if one of the Whitneys is prized, there is no big 7 card payoff for all that set up.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, Whitney. Remember that Rollout Miltank? It still makes me mad.. And when you finally beat it after 48 tries she didn't give you the badge, causing you to almost throw your gameboy against the wall again.
Were really just all living the same life aren't we

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
You know, if you’re playing Rayquaza and mill these as well as Ultra Ball then you can play them for high draw right off the bat

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
You can even Ultra Ball the first Whitney (or two) one into the discard. Or ACro Bike. Or ...

Then the next Whitneys draw 3, 5, 7 (without discarding what is in your hand.) With N gone, this seems decent. However...

Tate & Lisa seems more practical - guaranteed 5 plus the option to switch.

And if one of the Whitneys is prized, there is no big 7 card payoff for all that set up.
Tate and Liza is shuffle draw though, Whitney is draw immediately. I’m quite a few situations it’s a lot better to just draw

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I was going to make a Rollout joke here but the card is actually Rollout. These are the kind of jokes I want, not Fidget Spinners.

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
FINALLY, I’ve been waiting for this full art, I love its art I can’t wait to have it in my full art supporter collection, I also can’t wait to see faba and elm later this week for their full arts