Discussion Best Post-Rotation Decks

jo94

Gen 3 lover
At the end of the day I'm putting my money on three decks: vikabulu, malamar, stakataka beastbox

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Decks with Greninja have seemed pretty neat when I play them. Glad I horded all those Greninja GX cards.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
At the end of the day I'm putting my money on three decks: vikabulu, malamar, stakataka beastbox

I really do wonder if Bulu GX is the best partner for Vikavolt anymore. One of that deck's main issues was how hard you burned energy. Plus Grass isn't a super relevant attack type right now.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I really do wonder if Bulu GX is the best partner for Vikavolt anymore. One of that deck's main issues was how hard you burned energy. Plus Grass isn't a super relevant attack type right now.
You're right, it is good just because it hits numbers. In the same way rayquaza is not a good partner for vikavolt, because it slows the deck, and speed is the key of rayquaza. I'd run ray with manectric, seems to be the most legit way, teching also xurkitree+beast ring.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
Who made that buzz cargo list? I made that on PTCGO but substituted one lele-gx for a 4th Cynthia cause I only have 1 lele and it was busted against every deck except rayquaza. I had a hard time with it. Any tips on that match up?

jo94

Gen 3 lover
i posted a buzzcargo list in another thread, which I tested a lot, and it is a very good deck. I run it with 2 leles. If ray sets up is a tough match up, in this case I'd focus on buzzwole gx, so you're opponent is forced to take 2 prizes early and you set up your board with beast ring.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Metagross GX/DM Necrozma seems to be in an optimal spot. It's one of the slower decks, but the format as a whole is slowing down, and with less disruption cards, beefy HP, OHKO with DM, and high consistency, I think Metagross is the play.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Another nice deck similar to Metagross but easier to set up is Beast Box (Naganadel/Stakataka/DM Necrozma). Naganadel is as tanky as Metagross, and it can 2HKO everything, when opponent kills it use double Beast Ring and finish them up with DM Necrozma. It can also use the Ultra Beast Stadium.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Who made that buzz cargo list? I made that on PTCGO but substituted one lele-gx for a 4th Cynthia cause I only have 1 lele and it was busted against every deck except rayquaza. I had a hard time with it. Any tips on that match up?
This is the list I'm running atm btw
****** BuzzCargo ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 104
* 3 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Diancie ◇ FLI 74

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Sophocles SLG 65
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 4 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Energy Recycle System CES 128
* 2 Switch SLG 67
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 10

* 1 Beast Energy ◇ FLI 117
* 9 Fighting Energy GRI 169

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I was thinking about finding a way to add more kukui’s as baby buzz needs them for dawn wings and other fighting resistant.

j2y8n2x

Aspiring Trainer
Jumpluff decks will probably be a thing.
Jumpluff card is selling crazy in Japan right now.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Jumpluff decks will probably be a thing.
Jumpluff card is selling crazy in Japan right now.
It'll most definitely be a thing, but it will have trouble with tanks like Stakanadel and Metagross.

My money is on Stakanadel, MetagrossGX/DMNecrozmaGX, and Zorocargo. The format looks like it's slowing down, and I don't think most decks will be able to handle Zoroark's speed or the other two's tankiness.