News 'Lost Thunder,' America's November Set!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Glad the fairy rise cards are coming a little earlier, but that is a huge set. I hope the booster box pull rates reflect the size of the set...
Agreed. The fairy cards are definetely going to be my favorite( I’ve been stuck playing Gardevoir this whole year. Not much luck. The new gardevoir and mimikyu are definetely interesting.). They should increase pull rates, due to the large amount of cards in the set.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Glad the fairy rise cards are coming a little earlier, but that is a huge set. I hope the booster box pull rates reflect the size of the set...

Though, now that I think of it, Celestial storm was a bit of a large set, and from what I’ve seen the pull rates are somewhat low. My brother got an elite trainer box, and all he got was a scizor gx FA. At my prerelease table, I believe I had some of the best pulls, and that was only two GX’s. So, we will see.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
With Newgaleo lurking on street date for lost thunder, I wonder if fairies in this set will be outclassed by the Newgaleo that only needs 1 DCE to do it's worst vs. the fairies. In that case, maybe the best cards in set has to be anything but a fairy-type. In that case, Fairy Rise becomes an outclassed set, while grass and lightning get all the good in this set. What a
two-type pony indeed, outside of prerelease, of course...

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
With Newgaleo lurking on street date for lost thunder, I wonder if fairies in this set will be outclassed by the Newgaleo that only needs 1 DCE to do it's worst vs. the fairies. In that case, maybe the best cards in set has to be anything but a fairy-type. In that case, Fairy Rise becomes an outclassed set, while grass and lightning get all the good in this set. What a
two-type pony indeed, outside of prerelease, of course...
Actually, I’m not sure of newgaleo coming in this set. If that’s happening, most decks that are fairy Decks will play, IMO, mimikyu gx. The no weakness and powerful attack makes it good when it comes to finishing Pokémon, and it with no weakness it needs to be 2 shot by newgaleo.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Actually, I’m not sure of newgaleo coming in this set. If that’s happening, most decks that are fairy Decks will play, IMO, mimikyu gx. The no weakness and powerful attack makes it good when it comes to finishing Pokémon, and it with no weakness it needs to be 2 shot by newgaleo.
Newgaleo (and Newnala) are gonna be released as promo cards in October :)

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
reveals have been slow lately.
Yes, but the last 3 or so sets all had so many so early.
It's both good and bad for me. Back in the day I never knew what a set had in it before opening the first booster pack of it. But nowadays I'm looking at Pokébeach almost every day and will know every card before, just maybe not if a card is a rare or uncommon or a uncommon or common. I should stop looking, it would be much better, but I can't.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
If Lugia Full art is #100 and WPM states there are 5 GX cards in the SM8 set, there could only be a Whitney Full Art if the fifth GX comes after Lugia. But another colorless GX... I’ll doubt it
096 Blacephalon
097 Suicune ?
098 ?
099 Tyranitar
100 Lugia

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
If Lugia Full art is #100 and WPM states there are 5 GX cards in the SM8 set, there could only be a Whitney Full Art if the fifth GX comes after Lugia. But another colorless GX... I’ll doubt it
096 Blacephalon
097 Suicune ?
098 ?
099 Tyranitar
100 Lugia
There won't be another GX after Lugia, though I don't really understand what that has to do with the Whitney FA? As you said, we know that there are 5 GX's in the set, so if Lugia is 100, that means that the other 4 GX cards would be before it and the FA Supporters would be after it. It would look like:

096. Blacephalon GX (If there isn't any Grass-type GX)
097. ???
098. ???
099. Tyranitar GX (If there isn't any Fairy, Metal or Dragon-type GX)
100. Lugia GX
101. Professor Elm
102. Whitney

And then the Rainbow Rares would come after that. So there is actually a good possibility in that we're getting a Whitney FA!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
There won't be another GX after Lugia, though I don't really understand what that has to do with the Whitney FA? As you said, we know that there are 5 GX's in the set, so if Lugia is 100, that means that the other 4 GX cards would be before it and the FA Supporters would be after it. It would look like:

096. Blacephalon GX (If there isn't any Grass-type GX)
097. ???
098. ???
099. Tyranitar GX (If there isn't any Fairy, Metal or Dragon-type GX)
100. Lugia GX
101. Professor Elm
102. Whitney

And then the Rainbow Rares would come after that. So there is actually a good possibility in that we're getting a Whitney FA!

You are absolutely right! How stupid of mine.
Why did I even think the Full Art supporters Come before the Pokemon???

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
It's been a while since we've had Basics as the main Pokémon on the theme decks. Haven't had one since Mewtwo from Evolutions, so these are the first from the SM block.

I have no doubt that the Ampharos line will be in the Raikou deck. As for Entei deck, I thinks there's a good chance Celestial Storm's Magcargo will be in so you can power up Entei's Eruption. Maybe a Hiker or two as well so you have a good chance of hitting those OHKOs on the big Stage 2s.