Gym Promos Alolan Marowak-GX, Energy Spinner, and More!

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
Ohh, I really like Energy Spinner! Another reinvention of Energy Search, but with a twist for first turn. Not sure how playable it might be though, only deck I could see it being a clear addition is probably Alolan Exeggutor lol.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
lol they converted the fidget spinner into a Pokémon card.

I like how the Alolan Meowth teases a card we don't know of yet. Wonder if React Hammer will be revealed in SM8 or perhaps SM8a.

We only just finally got those older gym promo GXs and now they bring out a new one. Can't wait for Alolan Marowak GX in May/August 2019's set. :)

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
In the defense of the PTCGI, they probably started work on this set in mid-2017, when the fidget spinner fad still had some (albeit shaky) legs, but still, WHY???? Decent card though

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Looking forward to seeing what react hammer does! My guess is it discards an energy from play when it is discarded.

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
What's React Hammer? Did I miss a spoiler? The name is intriguing. Maybe you can play it during your opponent's turn.

It's probably just a Rocky Helmet reprint or something

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What's React Hammer? Did I miss a spoiler? The name is intriguing. Maybe you can play it during your opponent's turn.

It's probably just a Rocky Helmet reprint or something
It's from SM8. We're currently translating the set list in yet another news story on the front page.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man

I'm dying right now.
The fidget spinner better not show up in the anime. The last thing I want to see is Ash and gang boasting individually colored fidget spinners and Pikachu spinning one on his tail. I-*cough*

I'm actually going to throw up right now.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Im going to complain though. Why is there a Fidget Spinner is my card game. I mean, out of all the good memes to use, like Bird Jesus, they pick a Fidget Spinner. I mean, really?!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Alolan Marowak GX - Playable more on to the GX atk. Since Lost Thunder is the set where it is focused on Lost Zone. Good on the finishing KOs. 3 Geodudes
  • Energy Spinner - Improved Energy Search and Professor's Letter. Let's fingers crossed that this will came out in US, since Prof Letter is gone in standard. 4 Geodudes

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
Whyyyy is Marowak a Promo???!! Ive waited for soooo long to see it as a card. Who knows when it will released in i a card set!!