Special 'Red's Pikachu' Promo and Pokemon Center Products!

This promo is beautiful,i love weird looking cards.
I pre-ordered two of them

Last edited:
Oh yay another card that'll never get a proper release. Japan are selfish.

...Maybe the card part is true, but the "other pokemon center-only products"part is not if you live in the USA(and a residence anywhere there) AND either have a computer(PokemonCenter.com), or quick access to the Nintendo store in New York City(Nintendo New York brick-and-mortar). However, the timing still has to be right in line w/ publisher-instituted rules regarding the release of related products originally released in another country within a jurisdiction outside that of said product's jurisdiction of original release and their respective projected street dates(Products could be originally released as a tie-in to then-yet-to-be-Englished releases of products under the categories of TCG, VG, etc., and thus have to be held back from the US(the only country other than Japan that carries official non-second-hand pokemon center products) until its associated product is released in said country approx. 8 weeks after Japanese release, though depending on circumstances, said gap between JP and US release for some products can differ from the norm...), lest the releasing store is willing to break street date by releasing one product ahead of everyone else, thus risking their license to selling future products within the same franchise that published the product.

^ Anyway, glad that the owner's pokemon mechanic is to be utilized in the TCG once again, after taking an almost-generation-long period of no new releases of other cards of its kind unless you consider OP-GXes(Ash VS Team Rocket Deck Kits), non-anime, and non-main-VG owner names(Evolutions contains owner's mechanic pokemon via the banned-from-P!P Imakuni's Doduo) in the equation, assuming Gen 8 is released in the 2019 holiday season in TCG form in Japan(these days, new generations don't get released into VG form w/o being released in all regions at the same time...), the aforementioned absence is currently more than 3 years long: the previous owner's pokemon card based off a non-GX pokemon owned by an anime and/or main-series-VG character was released back in the Double Crisis subset, which currently dates ~13 2/3 main expansion releases(excluding Evolutions, which is NOT a main expansion to Japan, although it is one to regions outside Japan) in terms of age, and thanks to this development, the Owner's pokemon mechanic is one step closer to breaking its slumber when it comes to main-series-VG owners. Although we have yet to see a new anime character OP release for a year-plus(not as long as that from Main Series VG due to the Jap-exclusive kit that released two OP-GXes that are the first OPs to appear as GXes), when August 25th rolls around, it will be a good day to Japanese TCG players, as they will see something they haven't seen in a long time: a new non-GX Owner's Pokemon release that resets the "days since the last release of a new main-VG Owner's pokemon in the classic non-GX, non-gimmicky form" counter...

Last edited:
For a moment I read this as special ''red cheeks Pikachu'' promo and a big smile appeared, but that disappeared quickly after seeing this card..

A lot of Japan's promo full arts are absolutely gorgeous but this one sorta just feels bland. Ken art with a stock background in normal commons or uncommons is fine with me, I actually like having those cards scattered around in sets lately, makes it feel like the old sets. It just doesn't translate to a full art all that well.

Back