• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SUM-ON Malamar/Necrozma

KindFawn

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, I'm a retired player who used to play a lot of Zekeels and Rayeels so this deck seemed like it'd be a perfect style to get back into the game. This is the first list I've come up with to get back into things.

Pokemon (14)
4-3 Malamar
2 Ultra Necrozma GX
1 Dawn Wing Necrozma GX
1 Necrozma GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Deoxys 67

TSS (33)
4 Cynthia
4 Guzma
2 Lillie
1 Copycat
4 Nest Ball
4 Mysterious Treasure
4 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Beast Ring
3 Altar of the Moone
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Switch

Energy (13)
3 Metal
1 Beast Energy
9 Psychic

Last edited:
As a malamar player myself (i just play regular necrozma, but their close enough) I think it's important that you always have at least one non ex gx attacker, like Mimi Kuhn from guardians rising or lunala Prism star (which can also accelerate energy). I would also recommend going up to 4 guzma, since they help retreating and getting prizes. I also think you should have an update energy recycle system, to get energy back. You may also want a third or even fourth altar of the moone, but that's just my personal preference. I would also recommend using other supporters instead of Sophocles, but I haven't really had enough experience with the new supporters, so do what you like I guess.

For what you should take out, the Marshadow is really only needed in regular Necrozma decks, since they have trouble KOing Zoroark GX.

Hi KindFawn,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Marshadow GX (not needed in this variant)
+ 1 Deoxys SM7 (nice one-prize attacker)

Trainer:
- 2 Sophocles (not that great since hand sizes will generally be rather low)
- 2 Tate and Liza (two are sufficient)
+ 4 Cynthia (best draw supporter remaining)

- 1 Pal Pad (not needed that much)
- 1 Acro Bike (three will suffice)
+ 1 Choice Band (needed to hit numbers)
+ 1 Altar of the Moone (stadiums will become more common)

Personally I would also make these modifications but those are a personal perference:

- 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma (one will be sufficient)
- 1 Malamar (with the search item count you will find them)
+ Necrozma GX (nice alternate attacker with a more offensive GX attack)
+ Tapu Lele non-GX (damage counter rearrengement works well with Necrozma's GX attack and Ultra Necrozma's GX attack)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Back