• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post rotation Charizard deck

Tasogare_Rohen

Aspiring Trainer
So i was lookin into Dragon Majesty Charizard started thinkin about tcg deck builds based on it, heres what I got, ideas and opinions would be greatly appreciated

Pokémon: 19
Charizard x4 Dragon Majesty
Charmeleon x2 Burning Shadows
Charmander x4 Burning Shadows
Vicitini Prism x1 DragonMajesty
Tapu Lele GX x2 Guardians Rising
A. Ninetailes x2 Burning Shadows
A. Vulpix x3 Guardians Rising
Oranguru x1 Ultra Prism

Energy: 13
Counter Energy x4
Rainbow Energy x4
Fire Energy x5

Support: 13
Cynthia x4
Tate & Liza x4
Prof. Kukui x2
Guzma x2
Kiawe x1

Item: 15
Rare Candy x4
Ultra Ball x4
Choice Band x3
Rescue Stretcher x2
Nest Ball x2

Well looking at this now, the first things that immediately pop out at me are the 3-2 Ninetales line and the ULP Oranguru. While I see utility in the Ninetales, I am kind of confused as to the role of the Oranguru. What are you recovering with it? Energy? If so, there are probably other cards that could fill that role, like energy recycle system, energy recycler, fisherman, or Turtonator GX, to name the big ones. As for the Ninetales, I can see why they are included, but I'm not sure I agree with that reason. Yes, it's a good wall in anything other than the mirror, but it just... doesn't really work. I think it'd be better with just the 1-2 Vulpix, and no Oranguru, personally.

When I look at the trainers, I get sort of the same way. I don't think you need a max count of Tate and Liza, but instead around like 1 or 2. Swap the rest for Copycat. The Kukui are not necessary either, since a choice band and a single GX on their board does 190, and anything with 210 just requires another GX, which they would probably have, unless they were the mirror, only running 1 Lele and using items and Victini as energy recovery. Swap those out for a third Guzma and a third Nest Ball. Kiawe is really good for loading energy onto basics with high energy counts (Think Ho-oh GX or Reshiram GX), but not onto squishy 70 HP basics that could be KO'd fairly easily. I would replace it with a 4th Nest Ball.

Finally, the energy counts. Hoo boy. I'mma let you in on a "secret", Charizard should really only be running basic energy. Not only is it easily recoverable, but it also makes Victini hit harder and it charges up your 'Zards easier, since they need only basic energy in the first place. Counter can be good, but you should probably be ahead in the Prize trade (easy KOs on GX pokes while they take a KO on single prize attackers) for the majority of the game, negating their purpose. Rainbow is just useless here, since they only would apply to the Ninetales which don't synergize with 'Zard at all aside from being another anti-2-prize pokemon.

That's all of my observations, but I could be completely wrong in my reasoning (but I'm still sticking to my guns, since this is partially the general consensus for this pokemon. Find other Charizard lists and you'll see what I mean.)

Well looking at this now, the first things that immediately pop out at me are the 3-2 Ninetales line and the ULP Oranguru. While I see utility in the Ninetales, I am kind of confused as to the role of the Oranguru. What are you recovering with it? Energy? If so, there are probably other cards that could fill that role, like energy recycle system, energy recycler, fisherman, or Turtonator GX, to name the big ones. As for the Ninetales, I can see why they are included, but I'm not sure I agree with that reason. Yes, it's a good wall in anything other than the mirror, but it just... doesn't really work. I think it'd be better with just the 1-2 Vulpix, and no Oranguru, personally.

When I look at the trainers, I get sort of the same way. I don't think you need a max count of Tate and Liza, but instead around like 1 or 2. Swap the rest for Copycat. The Kukui are not necessary either, since a choice band and a single GX on their board does 190, and anything with 210 just requires another GX, which they would probably have, unless they were the mirror, only running 1 Lele and using items and Victini as energy recovery. Swap those out for a third Guzma and a third Nest Ball. Kiawe is really good for loading energy onto basics with high energy counts (Think Ho-oh GX or Reshiram GX), but not onto squishy 70 HP basics that could be KO'd fairly easily. I would replace it with a 4th Nest Ball.

Finally, the energy counts. Hoo boy. I'mma let you in on a "secret", Charizard should really only be running basic energy. Not only is it easily recoverable, but it also makes Victini hit harder and it charges up your 'Zards easier, since they need only basic energy in the first place. Counter can be good, but you should probably be ahead in the Prize trade (easy KOs on GX pokes while they take a KO on single prize attackers) for the majority of the game, negating their purpose. Rainbow is just useless here, since they only would apply to the Ninetales which don't synergize with 'Zard at all aside from being another anti-2-prize pokemon.

That's all of my observations, but I could be completely wrong in my reasoning (but I'm still sticking to my guns, since this is partially the general consensus for this pokemon. Find other Charizard lists and you'll see what I mean.)

So taking your suggestions into consideration I changed some things in an attempt at synergy. Swapped out Ninetails and vulpix for salazzle-gx and salandit as a cleanup crew since Zard should get me far enough to just hit for 150+ with her, and am running a copy of turtonator-GX, as for counter since i added a few gx i felt that i could drop one for a fire energy but should keep the others for a rainy day. Im new to the card game so it helps having someone to bounce ideas off of.

Pokémon: 18
Charizard x4 Dragon Majesty
Charmeleon x2 Burning Shadows
Charmander x4 Burning Shadows
Vicitini Prism x1 DragonMajesty
Tapu Lele GX x2 Guardians Rising
Salandit x2 Dragon Majesty
Salazzle-GX x2 Burning Shadows
Turtornator-GX x1 Guardians Rising

Energy: 13
Counter Energy x3
Fire Energy x10

Support: 12
Cynthia x4
Tate & Liza x2
Copycat x3
Guzma x3

Item: 17
Rare Candy x4
Ultra Ball x4
Choice Band x3
Rescue Stretcher x2
Nest Ball x4

I've been looking to build something like this but i feel adding more evo lines is a mistake. I would go for basic support attackers, like Reshirim/Ho-Oh and i would support them with Kiwae. It takes time to set Charizard up and you can't afford to be messing around with Salandits while you are facing down a Unecrozma/Malamar hitting you for 180 on turn 2.

This helps:
146979_200w.jpg

Support attacker:
Reshiram-GX-Dragon-Storm.jpg

Reshiram-GX – Fire – HP180
Basic Pokemon
[C] Flame Charge: Search your deck for 2 basic [R] Energy card and attach them to this Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.
[R][R][R][C] Scorching Pillar: 110 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.
[R][R][R][C] Vermilion GX: 180 damage. You may attach up to 5 [R] Energy from your hand to your Pokemon in any way you like.

Support attacker:
Ho-Oh-GX-PR-SM-SM57.jpg

The point of this Charizard is to be able to swing for really big numbers in a matchup where they have a ton of GXs. With this in mind, adding more GXs to your list is going to make going up against other Charizard deck a nightmare for you. I do actually like the idea of using Shining Ho-oh here to pile energy on when you don't have an Alolan Vulpix, which I think is a crucial inclusion in any stage-2 centric deck. Also, if you are playing the Ho-oh, then you could probably take out a copycat for Kiawe.

In sum:
-2 salandit
-2 salazzle GX
-1 copycat

+1 Kiawe
+2 Alolan Vulpix
+2 Shining Ho-oh
(Or)
+1 Alolan Vulpix
+1 Lysandre Prism Star
+1 Kiawe
+2 Shining Ho-oh

Right. My main issue here is evo decks don't start swinging by turn 2 like some really staple decks like buzz and Unecrozma. If the opponent sees you loading up a Charizard or it's pre-evos, you're gonna get Guzmad and you're out of the game with wasted turns. The pressure needs to be applied turn 2 and Charizard is turn 3-5 ready to attack. The Incl of GX is merely to stay competitive in the early game. You literally can't be on a Charmander sacrifice spree hoping your stage 1s or energyless zards aren't getting KOd.

Shining ho oh is pretty amazing at two things, pressure with kaiwae on turn 1 and it's got a built in wishful baton that can't be blown. Love the ideas so far but it's making me damn inpatient being an NA only player. I am not gonna see this top Xmas haha

Back