Games SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE: Nerfs and Buffs?

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
HELP ME FILL OUT A LIST!

Notes:
  • Universal Landing lag changed (real buff to most heavy characters)
  • Alot of the specials that usually send a character into freefall dont.

PAC-MAN
  • Literally turned into fighting character instead of zoner. No more picking up items after z drops
  • Grab a bit faster but not good
GANONDORF
  • Smashes give more range but rip his sm4sh up smash, less lag
LINK
  • Bombs Changed. can be remotely detonated and hit in different directions but cant detonate when opponent grabs it, hitbox is also kinda underwhelming given how it looks.
  • No gale boomerang
  • has a second arrow which can be picked up, thrown, z dropped, or added as another arrow to his special
SHEIK
ZELDA
  • Down b changed and zelda can move while its charged
  • Dins fire doesnt send her into freefall
  • Down B has 5 seperate stages.
TOON LINK
YOUNG LINK
NESS
  • Directional Imput on up b, shows where ur going to recover (good for starters but can be easily read)
  • Neutral B is faster and easier to hit.
LUCAS
  • Tether Grab slowed
MARIO
  • Cant chain that many up tilts (nerf)
DR.MARIO
  • Dair Spikes
LUIGI
  • Down special has new animation, Back special huge nerf
YOSHI
BOWSER
  • Side B changed
PEACH
DAISY
  • Echo
WARIO
ROSALINA
  • Nair Nerfed (changed)
DONKEY KONG
  • Fair faster, neutral b doesnt send you into Free fall
DIDDY KONG
MARTH
  • Side Special Faster (Buff),
  • neutral B can be angled
LUCINA
  • Echo
IKE
  • Up air changed similar to corrin's
  • Neutral B is further
ROBIN
  • Tome and Sword life Gauge shown (Buff)
ROY
  • Side special faster (Buff)
SHULK
  • Minado Change (Buff)
CORRIN
  • Length of Side b kick is MAD nerfed
CLOUD
  • Limit Charge Slower (THANK GOD), but is still good
ROB
  • Air Recovery (Up special) Nerfed: Takes less time
PIT
  • I honestly think the speed of all his attacks increased
DARK PIT
PALUTENA
  • Down (or side, dont remember)Special Buffed. Reflection and Projectile
LITTLE MAC
  • Directional Air Dodge Kinda helps Recovery, Can up b after side b
MR.GAME&WATCH
SNAKE
  • Frame three Dair
  • Down throw changed
SANIC
  • Cant cancel spin dash
BAYONETTA
  • Shots slower ( neutral special)
POKEMON TRAINER
  • No need to switch/No pokemon fatigue, Can switch to avoid attacks (Buff), squirtle has new fair and doesnt use its shell for attacks. (pretty sure all of squirtles smash attacks are changed)
MEWTWO
  • Design Change on NAir (idk if the effects are different), neutral b seems faster
PIKACHU
  • NAir changed, down air spikes, up special a bit slower
GRENINJA
  • Footstool combos can be teched, nerf maybe?
PICHU
  • A Living Rage Setup (due to specials), neutral b comes out fast but idk compared to melee, down tilt trips,
LUCARIO
KIRBY
  • New Dash attack (that kills), Inhales Projectiles, Kirby doesn't die 1st when inhale suicide, Up air kills
DEDEDE
  • Absorbs projectiles can spit them out as well
SAMUS
  • Can Charge in mid air, same with dark samus. Missiles go slower and then go faster
DARK SAMUS
  • Doesn't roll as a roll, missle timing different (goes slower to a near stop and then explodes.
  • Down throw is a combo starter
FOX
  • No landmaster, larry says fox is nerfed so rip fox
FALCO
  • No landmaster
WOLF
WII FIT TRAINER
VILLAGER
  • Item pocketed shown (nerf)
MEGA MAN
  • Pellets Don't flinch
  • Down Smash changed
ICE CLIMBERS
  • Nana can edge guard (idek), No wobble, but can maybe be repurposed for good edge guarding?
  • Down smash is a combo starter
NEW POKEBALLS:
Alolan Vuplix
Vulpix
Abra
Bewear
Alolan Richu
Solgaleo
Lunaala
Kyogre (His effect was changed to intermittent blasts)
Pyukumuku
Mimikyu
Marshadoe
Dittow

Last edited:
Rosalina’s neutral air was changed to more of what Zero Suit Samus has now. I consider this a nerf because her neutral air in Smash 4 serves as an excellent ledge trapping tool and is good for spacing.

Rosalina’s neutral air was changed to more of what Zero Suit Samus has now. I consider this a nerf because her neutral air in Smash 4 serves as an excellent ledge trapping tool and is good for spacing.
DO you think Pichu will be good? Its a rage setup on its own.

Kirby:
Faster grounded movement speed
Inhale now allows you to inhale all projectiles, including samus's charge shot
You can now spit out projectiles inhaled for very decent damage
Upair is a kill move
Kirby has a viable dash attack
If kirby inhales an opponent and jumps off the ledge, the opponent will always die first. Kirbycide is possible
Kirby is now the new meta

Link has a change where he can pick up arrows and fire 2 at a time. I don't know if this carries over to the other Links.

I just hope that the tiers will become different to Smash Bros 4. Cloud and Bayonetta deserve a nerf in my opinion. Final Fantasy VII was never even on a nintendo system but he's the second character on the tier list? I'm against overpowered characters but if they insist on implenting differences in strength at least make it so that your mascots don't end up in tier D-. Also I'm very annoyed by the fact that Zero Suit Samus (in Metroid games she is incredibly weak in this state) is more powerful than full armor Varia Suit Samus. Because of boots lol.

Ganondorf 's design from Ocarina of Time is awesome, please don't make this character a bottom tier joke like always, c'mon he's the king of evil and the main antagonist from the Legend of Zelda series.

Also Dr. Mario and Wolf are not echo fighters? please Nintendo. Lucina is from a completely different game than Marth and only impersonated him for like two cutscenes. Dr. Mario is also Mario (plot twist) but with a different profession and outfit. While Dark Pit is his own character who should fight with a staff like in Kid Icarus: Uprising. None of this makes sense, you may as well make Jigglypuff the echo fighter of Kirby. Both pink floaty marshmallows, as Snake would say.

Ike has a new up air more like Corrin's and his neutral B goes way further now, Doc now has a Dair spike, Sonic's spindash can't be shield cancelled anymore (oh yeah), Link can now pick up his arrows, has an actual grab and not the clawshot, and has a normal boomerang and not the gale boomerang, Mega Man's down B was changed a bit, Snake has a god damn frame 3 Dair among other things (I think a new downsmash and changed side b), Ganondorf just has less lag in general, Zelda's Din fire doesn't send her into freefall anymore.

I plan on getting it when I get my switch (which won't be till christmas 2019. hopefully...my mum talked about us being REALLY poor now....). Its awesome you get to play as all the characters ever added to smash bros in it xD

My favourite Smash Bros game is Melee.

I plan on getting it when I get my switch (which won't be till christmas 2019. hopefully...my mum talked about us being REALLY poor now....). Its awesome you get to play as all the characters ever added to smash bros in it xD

My favourite Smash Bros game is Melee.
Yeah, Melee is amazing. And I hope your family conditions become better so u can get a switch

I was mostly Popping On To Assist The Others in taskmaster by creating some activity and then I saw this, and damn is it helpful. Thanks for putting everything that changed in one place. I couldn’t find it anywhere else online lol.
As for adding, you forgot to mention that Link can choose when to detonate his bombs instead of having them on a timer

Back