Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a wild and crazy theory; our host post about Lele is ad pedem litterae, or, exactly as it seems.

As to why it is not as specific as the Luxinity reveal, we were warned in the OP that each host statement would have it's own flavour, and not to read too much into differences in style.

##THROWSTOMATOSAT: Tapu Lele

Also hi, I've done a general catch-up, but I'm still greasy on the details. I will not be around as much as last game, but it will still be more than DFL could have managed.

As to why it is not as specific as the Luxinity reveal, we were warned in the OP that each host statement would have it's own flavour, and not to read too much into differences in style.
That's to account for differences between NP and Vrack's posts. Both of these posts were made by NP, iirc.

Well yes but, one of these is flavour.

In the Curia, a man begins to cry. From the pressure of this job he feels as though he can't handle, the power others wield over him, and the threats his enemies have been issuing. "Bibulus," Vrackenian asks, "What is the matter?""I'm scared!" Bibulus shouts, "I'm so worried that somebody will think that I'm a bad guy!""You have no need to worry," Vrackenian replies, "I think you have perfectly proven your complete innocence here."
Luxinity has revealed themself to be Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, aligned with the Loyalists.This is not to be doubted in any way, shape, or form. Lux is host confirmed to be a Loyalist.

And one of these is a straight role reveal.

With his death, however, he was able to use his power he won from the first certamen, guidance from the Oracle at Delphi, to reveal Tapu Lele's role. Tapu Lele is:
You are Publius Servilius Rullus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. You are most known for introducing an agrarian bill that really upset Cicero, who claimed that you were a puppet of the populares Crassus and Caesar. Which is admittedly true, except for the fact that you can’t find them yet…

Passive Ability: Trapped in the Curia
You have been trapped in the basement of Curia with two other players, both Loyalists! You’re in trouble… unless you can find a way to trick them into letting you go. You have access to the Basement QuickTopic.
The details of the Basement QuickTopic and the account you are to post in it will be given to you in a separate PM. The rules of the Basement QuickTopic will be explained in its first post.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

If you look to your own role, it is formatted closer to the Lele one than the Lux one. We each have a sampling of three including our own. Four if you add TE's. I would get doubting the Lux one for breaking pattern, but I can't with anyone doubting the legitimacy of the Lele one.

The only reason to not cut Lele immediately is if we think we can gain some info with a delay, either from him direct or from other's reactions to him. But for me that is too dodgy with so many people seeming to want to believe him.

Nah that's just lack of knowledge I guess, but Luxinity's role is known as a town inno child, and it's where they use their ability and then the host confirms in-thread that the player is in fact town. They never post the full roles of that player, though. There's no particular reason why not and they certainly could, but I've just never seen it and I doubt NP or Vrack have, either. Lele's thing appears to be more of an investigative role, where one player uses an ability on another player, which shows the discrepancy in structure.

Hey um, it's the last day, we've got 3 hours remaining, and I'm 1 vote away from hammer.

I get it if you want to lynch me - the stupid oracle says I'm a bad guy, and there aren't really any better choices that have been presented either.

That said, is there anything else anyone needs from me before I go?

##OFFWITHYOURHEAD: Tapu Lele

For obvious reasons. Who has seemed to be connected to Lele so far? They're probably a good basis for a D3 lynch.

I should be more active in this game im sorry.
Honestly this is the only reason why I tried giving Lele's defence the time of day: I think it's far likelier that, if the role posted were genuine, that Lele would've just given up, because every other time I've seen this ability that's exactly what's happened. The fact that Lele has bothered to make a defence at all makes me think that just maybe the hosts have put in this pretty bad mechanic, but they're two competent hosts and so it seems unlikely.
Personally I don’t see a Lele as a person who gives up quickly, and that should make him scum. But think the other way around. If he was town, he would also make a defence because he’s town and not scum.
The one who i see as quite active.. good to townies and good hidden scums
-celever, bb n jabber

Barely here unless i missed out what they post
-ace, nick, mirdo, dos, gekki

Almost non existence
-pmj, osha, dfl, jade
  1. Professor_jplap - i still has my reserve on him due to the day 1 blocks
  2. Sm & luis - i alway see them as 50/50 maybe it just my prejudice
I feel bad now I wasn’t even active enough to be mentioned at all lol.
I've been told that that's basically my meta as both town and scum.
Who has told you that and is there any evidence that that was actually said. Because you could just say that but it might be complete nonsense
but bbninjas role fishes here like a pro in the same exact post. Note that he goes into damage control before anyone even calls him out - gotta make sure you look town 100% of the time.
This is exactly what I’ve been noticing on bb this game and I think PMJ puts this in to worde perfectly. He does something scummy, than backs away and makes himself look town. Fmpov he’s the scummiest out here but 1) Im bad at making cases 2) We dont have much time left 3) Tapu Lele might still be scum while I personally doubt it.
Hey um, it's the last day, we've got 3 hours remaining, and I'm 1 vote away from hammer.

I get it if you want to lynch me - the stupid oracle says I'm a bad guy, and there aren't really any better choices that have been presented either.

That said, is there anything else anyone needs from me before I go?
Make a case on bb

Day 2 End
The events of the last day were still heavily weighing on everybody's mind, and many kept coming back to the advice the Oracle had given them. Was this the truth, or deception of the highest kind? In the end, they decided to remove themselves of Tapu Lele to test this.

Tapu Lele was lynched. He was:
You are Publius Servilius Rullus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. You are most known for introducing an agrarian bill that really upset Cicero, who claimed that you were a puppet of the populares Crassus and Caesar. Which is admittedly true, except for the fact that you can’t find them yet…

Passive Ability: Trapped in the Curia
You have been trapped in the basement of Curia with two other players, both Loyalists! You’re in trouble… unless you can find a way to trick them into letting you go. You have access to the Basement QuickTopic.
The details of the Basement QuickTopic and the account you are to post in it will be given to you in a separate PM. The rules of the Basement QuickTopic will be explained in its first post.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

Final Vote Count:
@Tapu Lele (10): bbninjas, Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, scattered mind, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, OshaCraft360, Acetrainer_Samwise, Luispipe8, GM DracLord, PMJ, Yog, GekkisaiDaiNi
Acetrainer_Samwise (1): Celever
Celever (0): Acetainer_Samwise
PMJ (0): Tapu Lele

Abstaining:
mordacazir, Professor_jplap, Jadethepokemontrainer, Tapu Lele, bbninjas, mirdo, Luxinity, double o squirtle

The following players did not post three times today and are hereby warned:
@Professor_jplap, @Jadethepokemontrainer, @GekkisaiDaiNi, @OshaCraft360

Our remaining sub is currently not available to replace any of you, but please try your hardest to post more tomorrow. Please use this night to catch up and post during the day so you are not removed from the game.

(Also for the record Morda's last post was fine since it was so soon after the Game Freeze message that he had no way to check for it.)
Night 2 Start
Night 2 has now begun, and will end in 50.5 hours, on June 7th at 6:00 PM EST. You may not post during the night, but can chat in QTs.
Additionally, there are still 2.5 hours left to submit for the current certamen. After that, Vrack will randomize the standings and anonymously PM the winner their prize.

100Certamen: Senator Accuratus
Though the day may be over, there’s still some action going on this night! As you leave the curia, we have this box, where you can place your name (by PMing us ##ENTER). The seventh person to enter their name will win a huge prize: the power of hiring an assassin. Along with you submitting your entrance, PM us ##KILL: Player. If the winner is aligned with the Loyalists, the player they kill will have a 50% chance of death. If the winner is not aligned with the Loyalists, they will guarantee the death of their target, unless they choose to add ##FAIL, in which case their target will not die no matter what. (Note that is kill is still affected by abilities that relate to killing actions, but can’t be redirected or blocked.) No matter what, the winner will publicly be revealed as having killed (or failed to have killed) their target in the day update.

You are only allowed to communicate about this certamen in scumchat, and even then, you can only say who you want to kill and whether or not you want it to fail (not the timing of your submissions).

Last edited:
Certamen: Ludi Circenses Results
Everybody watched the races, desperate for their team to take home the victory. It was an action packed race. Early on, barely after the racers had taken off from the carceres, the White team flew sideways into the spina, ending their chance at victory. The other three teams, however, raced around and around as the eggs and dolphins were slowly taken off the wall. Within only one lap left, the blues appeared to have taken a slight lead over the reds, with the greens trailing a bit behind. The horses, however, of the blue chariot had begun to tire, and it fell back to where the greens were, giving the reds a sizable lead over the field. Then, however, the blues made one last push, allowing them to claim victory in the race by a hair.
The final standings were:
  1. Blue
  2. Red
  3. Green
  4. White
That means that the winner has won the ability to target a dead player and learn who they targeted every night and their results. This winner has been informed of their victory, but will remain anonymous.

There are only 3 hours left in the night to get your actions in and enter the certamen! Don't let this night go to waste for you!

Day 3 Start
Silent footsteps snuck their way through the roman chambers in the dead of night. One of the doors slid open without a sound. The intruder had found their prey. Taking more steps, they raised their blade. Bringing it down through the victim, the room was only brightened by a dark grin. More silent footsteps, the doors closed. The room now empty, save for one fresh corpse.

That night, another had also been attacked. Catalina had come face to face with several others. Words were exchanged, but it was clear these people did not come to work out an agreement. Blades were drawn, and wounds were made, but unfortunately the only thing left that night was the dead body of Catalina, a dagger protruding from his chest.

In the morning, everybody walked into the Curia, ready for another day of discussing. Unfortunately, they’d walked to hear terrible news: two senators had been found dead. "Salvete," Penguinius greeted all the senators, “We must mourn those who have died, but let us not forget the success of yesterday.” Vrackinian then began to speak. “We have heard that Catalina has murdered by the Triumvirate. Not only that, but Bibulus has been found dead as well, after an attempted assassination by none other than double o squirtle.”

Laying to rest those who had passed, they begun to mourn their losses. After the mourning, proceedings took place as usual. “Remember that we still have a goal, senators.”, Vrackinian reminded them, “We’ve had great success so far. Don’t let us down.”

Double o squirtle was killed. He was:
You are Lucius Sergius Catilina, and you are aligned with yourself. An insanely devout member of the optimates, you are absolutely irate at this popular Triumvirate. You are most known by your two conspiracies (though many argue the first was actually done by Caesar), but you have done many other things that the public is in supreme hatred of.

Passive Ability: Popular Hatred
You are aware that there are 8 players in the game who are populares, and you cannot stand any of them. You will win and be removed from the game when all of them have been eliminated.

Passive Ability: Political Base
Though you have many detractors, you also possess quite a few diehard supporters, which you can use in your favor. If you would ever be killed or lynched, one of your supporters will take the hit for you, allowing you to survive the first attempt on your life.

Active Ability: Pure Murder
When a wealthy woman consented to marrying you, but refused to do so with a man who had children, you took the obvious and simple step: killing your own son! Now, you can do the same to these fools. Once during the game, when there is between eight and fifteen players alive at night, you may PM the hosts ##MURDER: Player. You will have that player killed, but your base will desert you and you will lose the ability “Political Base”.

Active Ability: Party Investigation
Your desperate need to kill the populares means that you need to find out who in fact is one of them. Twice during the game, you may PM the hosts ##INVESTIGATE: Player. You will send out a senator who you promise with forgiven debts to learn if that player is an optimate.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the populares.

Luxinity was killed by double o squirtle as a result of him winning Certamen: Senator Accuratus. He was:
You are Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. Unfortunately, you were doomed to struggle in your time in the Senate, as you were going up against Caesar and his followers, who had Money, Power, Influence and Adoration almost unlike anything that had been seen before. While you somehow managed to make Consul in the same year as him, it didn’t take long before you stepped down, perhaps out of realisation that you would achieve nothing, or perhaps out of fear as an optimate.

Active Ability: Pure Innocence
Though you struggle with incompetence, nobody could reasonably suspect you when you start wailing like a baby. At any time during the game, you may PM the hosts ##INNOCENT. You will be revealed as being a member of the Loyalists.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

Day 3 has now begun, and will end in 96 hours, on June 11th at 6:00 PM EST. You all may now post. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 4 posts today (Yes it's more than yesterday, but still only 1 post a day. You can do this.). This is the last day that will last 96 hours, so use it well. Those who have not made it to 4 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.

*Also huge thanks to @VioletValkyrie for the lovely flavor!

##vote: bbninjas

back later with answers from yesterday

##OFFWITHYOURHEAD: Tapu Lele

For obvious reasons. Who has seemed to be connected to Lele so far? They're probably a good basis for a D3 lynch.

All of the sudden showing up with the hammer very suspicious. One of your scum buddies probably asked you to finish him off and cut your losses.

##ADJECTIVE: GEKKISAIDAI

Hammering is non-alignment indicative in this situation because we already knew Tapu Lele was scum and the deadline was very nearly upon us.

Hammering is non-alignment indicative in this situation because we already knew Tapu Lele was scum and the deadline was very nearly upon us.
I beg to differ as the day was wnding n lele was already a sure hit, him suddenly appear to vote may have ulterior motive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back