'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Wow, some of these cards aren't bad. Somewhat happy that Acro Bike is back (not sure how this will effect the meta), but I'm glad that I kept mine from PRC ;).

Swampert's ability sounds cool, combine that with Aqua Patch and you should have yourself a decent deck. If you can get multiple going, then you can literally burn through your deck for the resources you need. Brooklet Hill can help as well.

Manetric sounds fun as well (funny thing is that if you get more than one in your opening hand, you can play that down as well). I don't like how you have to be going second though, seems like it is asking for a lot.

Delcatty is okay, but it doesn't sound like it is very versatile and is pretty much a dead card after the ability. You might as well play a Pal Pad just for consistency reasons.

Banette isn't the best card, I don't like the energy cost on the attack and I don't know if the ability is worth playing it. Very similar to Target Whistle (PHF) though, and that saw little play as well (a single copy here and there, but that is about it)

Edit: Just realized this, but Super Boost Energy (ULP) with Swampert sounds a little insane. Not sure how often you'll be able to pull it off, but with that ability, you'd have a high chance I would think.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
not even kidding these are all pretty good cards, but that swampert ability is zoroark on steroids. wonder if it will see any play for that (cause the attack is not the best). also nice to have acro bike back, but speed decks aren't so much a thing anymore without shaymin and with garb.

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
not even kidding these are all pretty good cards, but that swampert ability is zoroark on steroids. wonder if it will see any play for that (cause the attack is not the best). also nice to have acro bike back, but speed decks aren't so much a thing anymore without shaymin and with garb.

I think acro bike might find a home in some decks when rotation comes around, as it gives a way for decks to strive for some more consistency, especially ones that don’t mind putting cards in the discard. Swampert will definitely be a fun card especially since we have a number of cards to really help water pokemon. I can honestly only think how good it would be if we still had Archie’s Ace in the Hole available, so maybe expanded will find a home for it (maybe...). Also, Garbodor BKP rotating might sort of allow speed decks? Maybe?

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Lol, jperr. I was literally just about to say the same thing. Swampert will be pretty annoying, especially if you have more in play. You won’t need to have many U Balls in deck. Would be interesting with the new Kingdra GX from Dragon Storm. Kingdra’s Hydro pump does 60 more dmg for every water on him. You could use multiple Swampert on ur bench to fish cards you need out of your deck. You could try to draw into some Aqua Patches and accelerate energy on kingdra and have swampert just keep on drawing for cards u need. Yup, Zoark on steroids.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
time to rate:
Treeko: 0/5 it's not Mudkip
Torchick: 3/5 better than Treeko, but still not Mudkip
Mudkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip:921983872346/5 cuz it's a Mudkip (I liek Mudkipz)
Swampert: 4/5 Amazing draw power, decent attack, but on a stage 2
Manetric: Good acceleration, but the electric type is positioned in one of the worst spots in the tcg currently 3/5
Bayonetta: why was that game ported to the switch 0/5
Delcatty: budget Lele, 5/5

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Unless they decide to make one of the Mr. Mime a promo card, which I definitely think is plausible. Idk, I just really don't think they would reveal all of the GX cards from SM7 within a time spand of like 5 days. I could see there being one more GX card in the Japanese SM7, and then have the promo Mr. Mime remain a promo for a Mr. Mime GX Collection or something like that.
"Mr. Mime GX Collection"

...Well, I'm sure there are less marketable Pokemon than Mime out there, but I'm not sure I can see that happening personally XD

Otaku

The wise fool?
What's that? The-powers-that-be want the new(ish) "Smooth Over" Magcargo to be a deck staple so they are re-releasing Acro Bike? Now you have a simple combo where both pieces are still very good separately, but great together as you search your deck for a card, topdeck it, then draw it for an Item and discarding the next card in line?

PokemonTCGLover

Aspiring Trainer
Omg! This is wicked! Manetric can be a Rayquaza GX variant, Delcatty is literally a double vs seeker, Swampert is an overpowered Zoroark, Acro Bike is AMAZING and its finally back.....MY WALLET'S GONNA BE EMPTY!!!

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Right off the bat, Delcatty, Swampert and Acro Bike are an ok looking core on paper for maximizing hand size. Swampert requires too much to justify not just using Zoroark, it feels like. Gotta playtest this like yesterday.

Pengwin

Aspiring Trainer
I was really hoping that they would reprint the old Energy Draw Delcatty from Ruby and Sapphire.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
delcatty's ability is amazing, but i feel it's not the time for it, maybe if we got something like a seeker reprint.

swampert's ability is really good, but it's attack isn't. charging up 3 energy isn't easy and only hitting 140 for the trouble at best? empoleon does the same for a single counter energy if you have a full bench and the enemy 2 benched pokes.

manectric's attack and ability are nice. not to base a deck around, but if you're gonna use him to accelerate energy they're a really nice bonus.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Hoenn Starters - only Torchic has the desirable HP in the game, Mudkip has fairly good atk, We need another Treecko. Wait. Torchic is the buffer ver. Of Torchic from DEX (Both of the atks are exactly the same)
  • Swampert - As its own deck, why not? As a tech, its just another Stage 2. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Manectric - Well, this is nerfed version of Talonflame with a build-in energy accel. 3 Geodudes
  • Banette - I don't find it interesting. 3 Geodudes
  • Delcatty - Good ability, waste of bench space. 3 Geodudes
  • Acro Bike - WHY NOT FLOAT STONE??!! Yeah, I know it saw play with Vespiquen before and some decks. I just wish Float Stone will be reprinted instead of this. 4 Geodudes

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Lol, jperr. I was literally just about to say the same thing. Swampert will be pretty annoying, especially if you have more in play. You won’t need to have many U Balls in deck. Would be interesting with the new Kingdra GX from Dragon Storm. Kingdra’s Hydro pump does 60 more dmg for every water on him. You could use multiple Swampert on ur bench to fish cards you need out of your deck. You could try to draw into some Aqua Patches and accelerate energy on kingdra and have swampert just keep on drawing for cards u need. Yup, Zoark on steroids.
2 Stage 2s are not viable.