Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
People are judging this way too harshly. Firstly, the GO catching: we have no idea as to the extent of this. Maybe it just means you now have the ability to throw berries. Even if it uses motion controls or something, is it that big of a deal? Secondly, really, you guys would prefer a remake? This is a brand new story with new characters and maybe even new ‘mons and forms. You would really prefer to play a game you played already to a new one? I get it’s your opinion, but I just don’t understand this complaint :p. Also, this could be gen 8. While yes, it does take place in Kanto, we can’t say for certain it’s the ‘same’ Kanto. Maybe ‘this’ Kanto has 100+ new Pokemon or maybe even Kantonion ‘mons.

TL;DR: It’s too early to complain

Also: Letsgoeevee.com

Last edited:

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
As both Pikachu and Eevee are heavily implied as the mascots of the two respective links, I can see Pokémon Pikachu and Pokémon Eevee being either a remake, or a direct sequel, to Pokémon Yellow. If so, will the Kanto Dex be updated so as to include the Baby forms and the new and alternate evolved forms of the respective Kanto Pokémon such as Politoed, Bellossom, Leafeon and Magnezone for example?

The Psychic Sorcerer

Aspiring Trainer
God-fudging-dammit... Hopefully the Pokpemon GO method of catching is fake...

I would not mind having to aim the Poke balls myself, I think that would be fun. But not being able to lower the pokemon hp would be horrible. Mabey pokemon go will add that in response to these games.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
The Masuda twitter picture basically confirmed the rumors. Masuda, aware of them, is either trolling or they are real. But, in all honesty, why can't GF create a franchise that becomes a new flagship instead of trying to promote other games like Go? What I mean is, that Switch's catchphrase is "Gaming Freedom" and Zelda BotW and SMOdyssey did exactly that. They were open world, giving you the option to play just as you'd like.

By giving the fans the same region five times it basically ruins the whole "Exploration" theme. The pokemon are already known, the region is known and the story is the same (it's a remake) and they are building on nostalgia. IMHO the Switch needed a new region with Open World Capabilities (Play any Gym any time) with the pokemon following you, with graphics like BotW and that is challenging for new and older fans (include a BF for example!)

But, sitting on a golden goose can't be left unexploited. And a game can't please everyone.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
anybody remember the leaks around February involving a new battle style
Omg! People stop complaining and be thankful for the things you get! Not one main series Pokemon game was awful. So this will be good too. Maybe not what we will expect, but be glad they still make these kinds of Pokemon games!
but many of them have been lazy *cough cough, ultra sun and moon, cough cough*

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
The Masuda twitter picture basically confirmed the rumors. Masuda, aware of them, is either trolling or they are real. But, in all honesty, why can't GF create a franchise that becomes a new flagship instead of trying to promote other games like Go? What I mean is, that Switch's catchphrase is "Gaming Freedom" and Zelda BotW and SMOdyssey did exactly that. They were open world, giving you the option to play just as you'd like.

By giving the fans the same region five times it basically ruins the whole "Exploration" theme. The pokemon are already known, the region is known and the story is the same (it's a remake) and they are building on nostalgia. IMHO the Switch needed a new region with Open World Capabilities (Play any Gym any time) with the pokemon following you, with graphics like BotW and that is challenging for new and older fans (include a BF for example!)

But, sitting on a golden goose can't be left unexploited. And a game can't please everyone.

Was it really necessary to copy paste your entire post from the other thread?

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty sure this game is real at this point, and I'm definitely disappointed. I agree, I'm sick of all the Kanto stuff they keep throwing at us. That said, not sure why there's so much rabid hatred of Pokemon go. I like Go for what it is, and I would honestly play it a lot more if I wasn't so busy with real life. I don't want to hate something just because it's cool to hate something that was hyped when it came out. That said, go really doesn't have any place in main-series games just for what's clearly a cash grab for go-exclusive players.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I'm pretty sure this game is real at this point, and I'm definitely disappointed. I agree, I'm sick of all the Kanto stuff they keep throwing at us. That said, not sure why there's so much rabid hatred of Pokemon go. I like Go for what it is, and I would honestly play it a lot more if I wasn't so busy with real life. I don't want to hate something just because it's cool to hate something that was hyped when it came out. That said, go really doesn't have any place in main-series games just for what's clearly a cash grab for go-exclusive players.
Yeah. I can agree. I hate Kanto for getting too much attention. I played FireRed which is a Remake of a Gen 1 game, and everything I heard from Gen 1 game and what I've experienced playing that Gen 1 remake is enough to prove that Gen 1 sucks.

My fave mon was not even from Gen 1

The Red Genesect

The robot that made it past Captcha
They were almost getting the formula for the main series games perfectly and they fudged it up!
Possibly no new Pokemon and they’re just ripping from gen 1 again
Also can we just agree about how much gen 1 stuff they’ve been using for the past two generations? In gen 5, they had almost nothing gen 1 related but then in gen 6 they have you choose a Kanto starter and most of the Mega Evolutions were from Kanto! In gen 7 it wasn’t as bad but almost all of the ride Pokémon were from gen 1 and every Alolan Form Pokemon were Kanto Pokémon!
(I’m an anti-genwunner and no I don’t hate gen 1. I just hate how Nintendo and GameFreak think that they have to use nostalgia over originality)

The Red Genesect

The robot that made it past Captcha
This seems a bit contradictory. To me, Gen 7 pandered to nostalgia the worst so far
Yeah but X and Y had the least Pokémon so far and I think that’s because of the gen 1 stuff. Rhyhorn racing could have been Gogoat racing, Professor Sycamore had the Kanto starters, and where are my gen 5 Mega Evolutions? We only had one and it was terrible. I think the reason that there were no Kalos Mega Evolutions is because X and Y just came out and they wanted people to like the gen 6 Pokémon for what they were while they were new and not add anything onto them, (other than Mega Diancie,) but there is NO excuse for one Mega Evolution for Unova. Now what this has to do with Kalos pandering to Kanto is that Unova and Kanto are sort of counterparts (by both having a total of around 151) and yet they gave a bunch of Mega Evolutions to Kanto Pokemon including some unnecessary ones like the fact that Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Evolutions (it’s not like Charizard and Mewtwo are the two most popular Pokémon already). I’ll come back if I have more reasons.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Omg! People stop complaining and be thankful for the things you get! Not one main series Pokemon game was awful. So this will be good too. Maybe not what we will expect, but be glad they still make these kinds of Pokemon games!
Exactly. I completely agree.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I don't get what's up with all of this hate for Gen 1. I started with Black and White and I loved it when Pokemon re-released Red/Blue for the 3DS. That was my first taste of Kanto and I want more!

Yog

Rogue
The bit that confuses me most, is the repetition of "an anonymous image board", rather than just saying 4chan or /vp. Why avoid this linkback? Serious question.

Because I can only draw three conclusions.