'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Love that kartana has just sliced an ENTIRE APPARTMENT BOCK in two.. Not bad for a pokemon that's only 5ft 6 and 0.1kg in weight

Official the most powerful pokemon ever

lol
Kartana is only 1 foot tall; that's standard ruler height, mind you.
There is too many very powerful abilities in this set that would make a game unfun (ie. sceptile). I predict we get a new form of Garbotoxin in this, or something right after it.
We already have a Garbotoxin alternative in Champion Road Slaking.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
What in the world Kartana!? Slicing buildings? I believe this is the first we've really seen any large scale terrorism in the Pokemon Franchise

Aside from AZ killing thousands with a giant laser of doom

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Sceptile is gonna be
Not played at all, unfortunately, but still good.

SKY PILLAR!
This is the answer I've been waiting for!
As we all know, bench damage puts 40HP Pokémon like Goomy on death row.
Now, ho ho ho, there will be no stopping my reign.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Sceptile is gonna be
Not played at all, unfortunately, but still good.

SKY PILLAR!
This is the answer I've been waiting for!
As we all know, bench damage puts 40HP Pokémon like Goomy on death row.
Now, ho ho ho, there will be no stopping my reign.
Good luck boi. Hopefully you'll won top cuts with your strategy, because as long blowers exist, it will ruin ya strategy. Lol

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
There is too many very powerful abilities in this set that would make a game unfun (ie. sceptile). I predict we get a new form of Garbotoxin in this, or something right after it.

After the Hoenn set its been teased that they're doing an Unova set, so a good opportunity to bring in another form of ability lock. I doubt we'll get something as strong as garbotoxin though, something that locks evolution pokemon abilities the same way alolan muk locks basics would be nice though.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Not feeling the Sceptile, honestly.
Stage2 that needs set-up to do damge; very slow.
It's ability is easy to play around.
ex. You can just use Mew to attack instead.

Mew rotates before this set comes out. I think Zoroark GX is the only card that will remain standard that can copy attacks.
If someone were able to find a deck that could tech this in without disrupting consistency, it really wrecks the game plans of buzz, beast box, and u necro/dawn wings.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Can't use Mew when this is released. Probably.

Mew rotates before this set comes out. I think Zoroark GX is the only card that will remain standard that can copy attacks.
If someone were able to find a deck that could tech this in without disrupting consistency, it really wrecks the game plans of buzz, beast box, and u necro/dawn wings.

We already have Marshadow-GX, if Sceptile really becomes a problem.
But, I more so meant that people will just tech in non-UBs.
Buzzwole already uses Lycanroc,
Dusk-Mane uses Solgaleo
jA9muxe.png

and Lunala
jA9muxe.png
even works well against Sceptile's energy stacking.

Because Sceptile is a Stage 2, you can't consistently chain it.
When the tech is more reliable than the strategy, it's probably not a good strategy.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Sceptile's OK

Sky Pillar could see use in a mill/ stall decks to keep peskys from the bench.

Eh, guess they're ok.

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
I really like that Sceptile! Yes, I know it has its flaws (140HP and Grass Type), but it brings a question to mind.

Once Volcanion rotates, what are the best Fire decks that you predict will rise up.

I know Ho-Oh GX is a viable deck, but are there any others that people see emerging?

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Well, Dragon is broken. Also, hello, Vikavolt, Rayquaza GX, and Sceptile.
Dragon is going to get good. Especially, with Mysterious Treasure as a search engine. That Sceptile, though. I can see an anti-buzz/roc deck. Need energy accel though. In post rotation standard, energy accel will be kinda tough without a reprint of max elixir. Delphox had a similar attack for all energy in play. Although it had more damage. Sceptile/Pod? I just can't wait.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Love that kartana has just sliced an ENTIRE APPARTMENT BOCK in two.. Not bad for a pokemon that's only 5ft 6 and 0.1kg in weight

Official the most powerful pokemon ever

lol

It’s actually one foot tall.

It sure how it was able to slice a building in half considering its speed stats are one big sarcastic ‘whoop de doo’

Last edited:

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
What in the world Kartana!? Slicing buildings? I believe this is the first we've really seen any large scale terrorism in the Pokemon Franchise

Aside from AZ killing thousands with a giant laser of doom

inb4 TPCi sensors the art too to avoid 9/11 triggers?