Finished The Inter-Forum Mafia Championships - Season 5 - NinjaPenguin & Prof_Jplap Represent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
KWKcJqj.png

We have been invited to participate in the Inter-Forum Mafia Championships once again, by @Thingyman! This an official forum championship that sees 170+ forum communities around the web participate - so it's a big thing! It will be hosted and run at Mafia Universe, and you can find the main thread right here. The setup this year will be a semi-open traditional 17-player game, so nothing too crazy. :p You can find more details by clicking that link above.

Last year, Celever and PikaMasterJesi represented us and did quite nicely, and more recently, we had three teams represent us in an inter-forum Hydra Mafia. It's certainly a great experience!

To participate, you'll need to meet strict activity requirements. Please don't nominate yourself if you can't commit to this. :)

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
If you're interested in participating, just nominate yourself below (just post here)! Then, on the 26th, I'll put up an anonymous poll, and we'll select our representatives. We will be selecting a main representative and a backup sub just in case our main rep has to drop out. Those who haven't participated in a Mafia Championship (excluding Hydra games) will take precedent over those who have, to give everyone an opportunity. ^.^

Last edited:

Thingyman

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you once again for your help @bbninjas - you're truly the best <3

To those who don't know me, I'm the wacky guy who's been organizing this event since 2013. I'll pop in here regularly to answer any questions you guys might have :D

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
This sounds epic! :D but I kinda promised myself Fray at the Beach would be my last Mafia game for a while... I'm interested to see who will sign up.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
As I said last season, I think BB and Camo should most definitely be our nominees if they wish to join.
When it comes to myself, I need to check some things before I enter, but I may be available.

P.S.
This sounds epic! :D but I kinda promised myself Fray at the Beach would be my last Mafia game for a while... I'm interested to see who will sign up.
But Robin, Mafia 51 is gonna be a ton of fun! You should totally join that one too. :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I’m not sure whether I could make the commitment at this point in time.

>.> Noooo you should know I'm very easy to convince to join another one! But I shouldn't, It's so time consuming...
Slightly off-topic; there is a way to play mafia without letting it consume all your time! Basically just cut out the ISOs that you might make, and try to make comments in the moment or spontaneously, so that you don’t need to read back too much to calibrate reads or make a case. A lot of people think you need to be hyper active to play mafia, but strong players like Mordacazir, GM DracLord and simsands among others show this to be untrue. :p

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I’m not sure whether I could make the commitment at this point in time.

Slightly off-topic; there is a way to play mafia without letting it consume all your time! Basically just cut out the ISOs that you might make, and try to make comments in the moment or spontaneously, so that you don’t need to read back too much to calibrate reads or make a case. A lot of people think you need to be hyper active to play mafia, but strong players like Mordacazir, GM DracLord and simsands among others show this to be untrue. :p

I take is as a compliment.

@NinjaPenguin. You are also a good candidate for this round

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just bumping this as a last-chance call out to anyone wanting to participate! @Professor_jplap, would you be fine playing as the main player, if we don't see any other interest?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Since there was only two people who showed interest, we won't worry about doing a poll. This means that @NinjaPenguin will be our representative, and @Professor_jplap will be our backup rep! Make sure you both sign-up as rep / backup respectively in this thread over at Mafia Universe, and we will all be cheering for you!

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Hello again! Our game has finished up, so if you have any thoughts or want to ask me any questions, now's the time to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.