Help Unit Energy Question

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Hi

Rules question here. Suppose you have a unit energy LPM one attached to a Necrozma GX, and you use it's attack where it says discard all P energy attached to this card. Also suppose you have 2 more basic P energies attached to it.

When you do this attack, is it up to you if the unit energy is a P or a L or M? Can you have the option then to discard either 2 or 3 energies when you attack?

Or does the unit energy "have" to count as a psychic?

Thanks

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Unless I'm mistaken, you would have to discard it. The way the text reads, it says that it [provides all three of the types of energy, but only one energy at a time. Basically, you have an energy that counts as Lightning, Psychic, and metal all at once, but can only be used to pay for one energy in an attacks energy cost. It would count as a psychic energy, then, and you would have to discard it.

I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation. Hope this helps!

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
It is psychic as well as the others their is no choosing what type it is. it is All of them and thus needs to be discarded

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Yeah, you discard all of them. If I'm not mistaken, you don't even get the bonus damage from discarding Unit Energy, since that was how Rayquaza-EX(DRX) and Double Dragon Energy interacted. Although I could be wrong.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, you discard all of them. If I'm not mistaken, you don't even get the bonus damage from discarding Unit Energy, since that was how Rayquaza-EX(DRX) and Double Dragon Energy interacted. Although I could be wrong.
No you do it's a psychic when it's discarded ultra necrozma however has no use for it similar to rayquazza because they specify a basic of a specific type

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
No you do it's a psychic when it's discarded ultra necrozma however has no use for it similar to rayquazza because they specify a basic of a specific type
Oooh, yeah, you're right. Good thing I wasn't sure of something incorrect or else we would have another Gardevoir scenario.

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
What about Cobalion-GX's ability? Does it still count as Metal Energy? I was also wondering about Prism Energy, and if the same rule would apply to it.

Last edited: