Japan's SM6+ Set, 'Dragon Storm,' Plus 'Champion Road' Mini-Set!

Ah, but you’re forgetting Rare Candy and Kiawae! That makes it a two turn setup.

Rare Candy is fine, but when we start talking Kiawe you have to start comparing this to basic cards that do similar things. Ho-oh-GX is a much more consistent Kiawe target that can hit 210 than Charizard will be. It's two prizes as opposed to one, but the card is better in virtually every other respect (including having a useful resistance and being weak to a less prominent type) as a Kiawe user, and is also not vulnerable to ability lock unlike Charizard. Under ability lock the attack here is extremely underwhelming. Charmander GEN plus Celebi and Victini might be a decent solution to this problem, but while Zoroark can't hit 160, many other decks can and that attack does nothing for you if you're getting OHKO'd.

Without some form of acceleration, the attack is going to be similar to, from an average damage output per cost perspective, many basic GX cards (when you also account for support that cards like Buzzwole have with strong energy and what weaknesses are most relevant right now) which will be more consistent at putting out that damage due to lower necessary deck investment. This card is legitimately good, or about as good as a stage 2 can be, in expanded due to blacksmith allowing a 1 turn energy setup and attack on the same turn, instead of sitting there after a Kiawe and hoping you don't get KO'd the turn you used it.

Me *sees Lance Prism Star text* OK so just nerfed brigette for dragons. One second later, I notice it doesn't say Basic.
*spits out drink in shock*

Charizard seems pretty decent, and Lance is an excellent card without being too OP. kinda reminds me of Dragon Call Gabite.

Oh my, Lance plus Altaria, plus M Rayquaza EX, Salamence GX, A annd...

Oh my.

Getting the Charizard set up would be a challenge though. As most Zoroark GX decks usually have a turn 2, turn 3 set up. IMO.
The Prism Star Lance, however has potential, as it could work in Garchomp and Dragonite GX decks. The catch is, that your opponent has to either knock out a pokemon or your active pokemon would have to be KOd by burn or poison dmg at the end of your opponent's turn. Hence your active pokemon has to be KOd during your opponent's turn. Still, wicked art on the Lance card.

Umm... Burn/Poison KOs do NOT count as "opponent's last turn", but rather, "between turns":

Pokegym said:
Teammates (Primal Clash)
Q. Can I use "Teammates" if my Pokemon was KO'd due to Poison damage?
A. No, you cannot. You can only use Teammates if your Pokemon was KO'd *during* your opponent's last turn, but Poison damage takes place *in between* turns. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

^ The above also applies to Lance Prism Star upon release...

Still, Lance Prism Star and zard are pretty killer cards in Expanded... in their own ways... :)

First!

I think Reshiram is a little too tanky for serious decks but the burn effect might be beneficial since we're getting plenty of fire type support, especially from trainers.

In my opinion, Victini's going to be a meme deck like the Rotoms.

Back