'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
The card is super pretty. Don't mind the similar pose though. They took the tame route with this female character. What a shame...

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
So Full Art Lady's placement confirms that we'll only be getting 5 GX cards in the Japanese Forbidden Light set, since the last card in the set is 094, and Lady is 100. That leaves 5 spots for FA Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma. I wonder what the final GX card in the English Forbidden Light will be (Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Naganadel, Lucario, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma plus 1 unknown)

If not alt types of Dialga and Palkia, maybe a random GX like Alolan Raticate.
It's got to be Goodra. It's just gotta be.

On Lady:
At first glance, you see Lady Full Art as very bland, with a solid background and the same image.
However, this is actually very smart.

In Sun Moon at least, you fight many trainers with the title Lass, and I'm sure that's what Lady is in XY.

It's a smart design because since you fight many Ladies on your adventure through Kalos, they decided to use bland, repetitive art and background. Since there is NO variation on the picture of the Ladies in-game, they decided to go with that again and decided to simply repeat the art, modeling after the non-variation of the many Ladies in game.
Smart, huh?

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Ok, so the artwork is pretty nice. I still can't get over that they're naming a card, "Lady." I know it's a trainer type in the games, so it makes sense, but its just so funny. I love it. Good job TPCi, keep it up.

Now I'm waiting for, "Swimmer," "Preschooler," and, "Hiker."

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
We are back in Kalos! The originality of cards is at an all time high!

Look! They added a bag!

Last edited:

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
OH WOW!

THIS IS SUCH AN ORIGINAL FULL ART.

I MEAN TAKING THE REGULAR LADY ART, STRETCHING IT ACROSS THE ENTIRE CARD, ADD A BLUE BACKGROUND? GIVE LADY A NEW POKEBAG?!

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT?!

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I don't see the point of making snarky comments about the pose being similar to the stock art. This type of NPC is calm and reserved, so it's not like a dynamic action pose would be more fitting. Maybe that's more visually interesting to some, but it would break character (what little there is) for this NPC. It's like complaining that artwork of a new Voltorb card looks the same as Ken Sugimori's stock artwork. There's... not much you can do with it.

But whatever. I might be biased. I love Kanako Eo's artwork, so I love this card!

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Ok, so the artwork is pretty nice. I still can't get over that they're naming a card, "Lady." I know it's a trainer type in the games, so it makes sense, but its just so funny. I love it. Good job TPCi, keep it up.

Now I'm waiting for, "Swimmer," "Preschooler," and, "Hiker."
Yeah, the name is so much better than Flower Shop Lady from back in the gen 4 tcg. Seriously, why not go farther with it?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I don't see the point of making snarky comments about the pose being similar to the stock art. This type of NPC is calm and reserved, so it's not like a dynamic action pose would be more fitting. Maybe that's more visually interesting to some, but it would break character (what little there is) for this NPC. It's like complaining that artwork of a new Voltorb card looks the same as Ken Sugimori's stock artwork. There's... not much you can do with it.

But whatever. I might be biased. I love Kanako Eo's artwork, so I love this card!

Oh come on, they could've had her at least walk down a street o_O
That wouldn't have "broken" the character.

You have to admit that blue background is a little plain though.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I always liked the Lady Trainer artwork. Simple, yet at the same time, elegant.

This is a FA I'll be looking to add to my collection. On PTCGO.