'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Nope, the alt type Dialga and Palkia aren't gonna be in our SM6. 7 GXs have been confirmed for our set (Greninja, Naganadel, Lucario, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Necrozma) and there are only 8. This and the fact that we've only gotten 5 revealed from the Japanese SM6 proper makes me think that the last one will be from the Japanese main set.
We're getting Lucario in a promo box, aren't we? If so, it is actually entirely possible we can still get those two, and Lucario in Forbidden Light refers to the Full art and Rainbow Rare. It does seem odd that they explicitly advertise it in that way though.

Odds are last gx is fighting or dragon type. Hawlucha is number 47 n zygrade is 50. So leaves 3 cards. Most likly a stage 2 fighting. But what could it be?
Edit.. wasnt thinking it cant be a stage 2 we dont know number 48 or 49. So either 2 basics or a baduc stage 1 line

Last edited:
Garbage alert.

This card is an utter shame. GX attack is pretty good, easy Black Ray GX counter I guess. I mean, besides hitting a new "most amount of damage done to your opponents active Pokemon record", this card is not great, at all.

They said:
"They're probably no Xerneas, so the last two GX's are probably the alternate typing Palkia GX and Dialga GX."
NOPE!
Which means that the last GX of the set could very well be Goodra.

I quote Darth Sidious:
"Everything is going as I have foreseen."

We are not getting a Goodra GX, I bet my humanity on it. Next set my friend, next set.

Odds are last gx is fighting or dragon type. Hawlucha is number 47 n zygrade is 50. So leaves 3 cards. Most likly a stage 2 fighting. But what could it be?
Edit.. wasnt thinking it cant be a stage 2 we dont know number 48 or 49. So either 2 basics or a baduc stage 1 line
Based on typing and PokeDex number, the only Pokemon that is Fighting, Rock or Ground and comes after Hawlucha, but before Zygarde, is Carbink. So my bet is a regular Carbink and a regular Zygarde 10/50%, and then the final GX will be either Dragon, Metal or Normal-type, imo most likely Normal or Metal since there already is Ultra Necrozma representing the Dragon-type, but if @Lord Goomy is lucky, it could be a Goodra GX :p

Isnt dialga getting a steel type of the dragon card ?
It is, but that's in the SM5+ set, along with Water-type Palkia, however with the reveal of Xerneas, they likely won't appear in our English set, due to 6 out of the 8 GX cards from Forbidden Light already having been confirmed. There hasn't been any Metal-type GX cards revealed from SM6

How hard would it be to fit in that Yveltal GX + Rainbow energy(?) Into a Decidueye deck? I can see it now....feather arrow+GX attack= OHKO on ANY POKEMON

Xerneas GX:
  • First attack, nerfed Promo Koko.

• Second attack, I can't lie, its trash.

• GX attack, could see play In Honchcrow/ Weavile with ULP Lele, and in Xerneas BREAK or Gardi.
Overall 3/5 stars

Last edited:
  • Yveltal-GX - This card is underwhelming. Too bad. Their basic atks are super bad as a whole. The GX atk can be sniped in with Tapu Koko (sniped in huh!). 3 Geodudes
  • Pikachu/Mimikyu - I don't know if we'll gonna see this on the US. 2 Geodudes

A tad bit simple as a Full Art, but actually rather understandable since the Lady trainer class is typically depicted as modest and collected trainers.

Still a cutiepie though in my opinion! :)

So Full Art Lady's placement confirms that we'll only be getting 5 GX cards in the Japanese Forbidden Light set, since the last card in the set is 094, and Lady is 100. That leaves 5 spots for FA Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma. I wonder what the final GX card in the English Forbidden Light will be (Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Naganadel, Lucario, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma plus 1 unknown)

I called it, or rather i said i hope they make one haha. Defs want some of this one, hopefully the price doesn't skyrocket before i can... *knocks on wood*

So Full Art Lady's placement confirms that we'll only be getting 5 GX cards in the Japanese Forbidden Light set, since the last card in the set is 094, and Lady is 100. That leaves 5 spots for FA Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma. I wonder what the final GX card in the English Forbidden Light will be (Greninja, Zygarde, Yveltal, Naganadel, Lucario, Xerneas and Ultra Necrozma plus 1 unknown)
If not alt types of Dialga and Palkia, maybe a random GX like Alolan Raticate.

Back