'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Gladion rulings please
It would fail, you can't use Gladion because part of the card's effect isn't possible. You can't take your opponent's Gladion and put it into your Prizes. Plus: "If you didn't play this Gladion from your hand, it does nothing."

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Gladion rulings please
It would fail because you can't take your opponent's Gladion and put it into your Prizes.
Specifically because of this text on Gladion: "If you didn’t play this Gladion from your hand, it does nothing."

EDIT: Actually, I kinda wonder about how it'd work on Archie's/Maxie's. There isn't an apparent wording conflict.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Potential Lele replacement in Garde for budget players?
There is no replacement for Lele. You can try any card you want, it won't completely replace Lele. Rather than trying to make a deck that needs Lele without Lele, just build a deck that doesn't rely on it as heavily, like Passimian or Buzzwole (although the latter can't be really be built as a budget deck).

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Very reminiscent of the old Smeargle from Undaunted, although not quite as good because it's a stage 1 that requires an energy and an attack to get the effect.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Very reminiscent of the old Smeargle from Undaunted, although not quite as good because it's a stage 1 that requires an energy and an attack to get the effect.
This one doesn't force you to use your opponent's solitary Juniper to discard your nice hand of Special Energy. ;)

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like Dialga and Palkia won't be in this set. They would probably opt for Xerneas and another Gen 6 mon to fit the theme (and allow for a Blend FYD)

We don't know that Palkia and Dialga are in the set yet, if my memory serves me.

While it's way too early to say for certain, I feel very confident that Palkia and Dialga will be in the next set. They were printed in SM5+ Ultra Force, and, as is the usual with Japan's mini-sets, the unique cards from those mini-sets are funneled into our next English set. The alternate type prints of Palkia and Dialga have unique FA and RR designs, which essentially means they can't be released in some kind of collection box.

The reprint of Silvally-GX in Ultra Prism indicates to me that TCPi has no qualms about releasing exact/functional reprints of cards between two subsequent sets.

Finally, adding Palkia and Dialga to the Kalos-inspired set would help drive the narrative that TCPi seems to be building with this block - that is, the "Ultra Wormholes creating connections between various times and spaces." Essentially, each set in this block will represent a mix-and-match of various generations, meaning it wouldn't be out of the question to see Gen IV Pokemon being put in a Gen VI set.

Of course, I could be wrong in all of this. If anyone has any theories on how TCPi is going to release all the alternate type prints from SM5+, as well as the RA, FA and RR for Palkia and Dialga, that doesn't involve putting them in Forbidden Light, I would genuinely like to hear it.

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
Ridiculous! A third eevee in seven sets? Nobody uses any besides the ability version. 800 Pokemon and they keep going back to the same well. It’s so stupid.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
This sylveon is busted. Seems so good in gardevoir cuz u can potentially lock them out of the game AND use a setup attack in the same turn

DaBoss Gamer

Aspiring Trainer
There is no replacement for Lele. You can try any card you want, it won't completely replace Lele. Rather than trying to make a deck that needs Lele without Lele, just build a deck that doesn't rely on it as heavily, like Passimian or Buzzwole (although the latter can't be really be built as a budget deck).

Jirachi EX?

cellabi

Turn your trusty frying pan into a drying pan.
More Eevee huh? Well, Sylveon is a pretty decent card. Couldn't really see too much play in it though, with pal pad in the format.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
That sylveon reminds of a gardevoir in the 2010 format. it had a poke-power that let you use a supporter card from your opponents discard pile as this cards poke-power effect.

This sylveon is from the hand though. but the problem i see is if you use wink and the opponent only has Professor sycamore in their hand, but you have a god like hand you don't want to discard.