'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
What about Naganadel then? Lucario, Ultra Necrozma, Greninja, Yveltal, Zygarde and Naganadel are confirmed for the English set, and it's been confirmed that there will be 8 GX's in the English set. If Xerneas, Delphox and Chesnaught all were to get GX cards in the Japanese set, one of them would not be featured in the English set.

I also think that Lucario counts towards the 8, despite only having a FA and RR card in the set, similarly to how the Ultra Beasts were included in the 10 GX cards for Ultra Prism, despite this not being the case for Bulu and Lycanroc in Burning Shadows.
Nagangel is a ultra beast. So is ultra necrozoma

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
So how long do you think we'll have to wait to see Greninja GX? If it's good we could be seeing tons of Greninja GX until BKP rotates.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Well set comes out in japon in a month. So less then a month lol. Most likly this weem we will see a couple cards and over the next few weeks

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
  • 50 hp Froakie: Decent ability, but in the current Greninja deck you really won't be retreating Froakie to much. 4/10 stars.
  • 70 hp Froakie Nice art work, good hp, about average attacks for an evolving basic. 4/10 stars
Overall, I still think the bubble Froakie from BKP is better.

Imo one of the 70 hp froakies could be run in current ninja (obviously a lot will change by then, so who knows) as brooklet hilling for it gives you something that takes a buzzwole hit better

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Imo one of the 70 hp froakies could be run in current ninja (obviously a lot will change by then, so who knows) as brooklet hilling for it gives you something that takes a buzzwole hit better

Good point! maybe a 3-1 or 2-2 split would be a good line to run.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Honestly i'd say Greninja could be very interesting with the retreat one. If you start with it and brooklet hill, you could put it on your bench and then opt to use Alolan Vulpix to get you those juicy evolutions.

Watchmaker

Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
I could see people running a BREAK/GX mix deck until we rotate to SM-on, would be interesting to see.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Alolan Marowak - Bad Weakness since Glaceon and Empoleon will be great. Bad HP since it can easily OHKO by 120 dmg atkrs.Bad Retreat Cost. The atk can be spammed by DCE and good for decks playing Alolan Pokemon. 120 max, OHKO Metal Decks, and Grass Decks, but the problem is you make Lele sad. :'( The free atk is frikin good in Fire Decks, stage 1 is hurtful in Volcanion decks, but this might be a bit better than the one from CRI, since you're not relying on opponent's energy anymore. 3-4 Geodudes for now
  • Cubone- :(

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Aw was hoping Marowak would be Psychic type when I saw the thumbnail. I like its attacks, might be able to fit in an Alolan Exeggutor deck I might build.

Nice to see an Alolan Marowak in Kalos...

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
Cubone - shame it does so little damage, otherwise would be nice splashable Zoroark GX counter.
Marowak - Alolan toolbox! Maybe not right now.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I like the concept of making an Alolan deck, might also throw in a BREAKThrough Marowak because why not. Nice energy acceleration also.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Alolan Marowak has some potential for a ''Alolan Toolbox'' but we would need a few more good Alolan mons for it to be worth it

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding the translation of Alolan Marowak's Alola Circle attack, shouldn't that read "This attack does 20 damage for each Alolan Pokémon you have in play."?

doubleb036

Jolteon GX Hopeful
Advanced Member
I feel like this could be good actually. Only a DCE to attack but which Alolan's do you pair it up with?

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Cubone - shame it does so little damage, otherwise would be nice splashable Zoroark GX counter.
Marowak - Alolan toolbox! Maybe not right now.
Just fo laughs, I'm going to point out this little monster does 460 to Zoroark GX if you have two strong energies and a Choice Band on it, Diancie Prism Star and four Regirock EXes on your bench, and played a Professor Kukui this turn. The realistic damage it can put out is somewhere in the ballpark of 200 with two strong energies, a Choice Band, and 1 Regirock EX on the bench.

The Alolan Marowak is actually decent! I might put it in my Shining Genesect/Lurantis GX deck for energy acceleration. OH WAIT. That's what two Zoroark GXes and a Lurantis GX are for!