Toys R Us Piplup Promo Giveaway Next Saturday!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I went to one of these events with my dad, no one went.
They handed me my poster/card. They asked if I wanted a few more
since no one came, I said yes of course, took a set of 4 Alolan Vulpix.
They legit gave me a free blister pack because they felt bad we drove all the way over to the TRU.

Got nothing from that blister but still. So yah never going again, I was dissapointed I didn't get to trade.

tiffuts

Porygon Enthusiast
The TRU by where I live is one of the stores closing but I'm kind of excited to be a vulture and swoop down on those going out of business deals. I'm terrible :p

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
It's possible to reserve a spot?
Yes, but no. The reservation page (reserve.toysrus.com) buttons aren't working. At least not for me. Tried on multiple browsers and devices. That said, I doubt you'll need it. Lines will be light since there is no figure. Even with a figure, no one was checking for reservations anyway.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, but no. The reservation page (reserve.toysrus.com) buttons aren't working. At least not for me. Tried on multiple browsers and devices. That said, I doubt you'll need it. Lines will be light since there is no figure. Even with a figure, no one was checking for reservations anyway.
cool, because I would love a poster :3
edit: not sure why that autocorrected to wouldn't...

Last edited:

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
The reservation worked for the last promo release when they did reservation for the first time online, but I've tried the last few days and the it doesn't work for me either.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
last time they refused me everything but the card... no figure, pokeball, poster, even though they had some of everything. tried telling me its only for kids... i was like. ive done this every time, and its all ages...

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I went to one of these events with my dad, no one went.
They handed me my poster/card. They asked if I wanted a few more
since no one came, I said yes of course, took a set of 4 Alolan Vulpix.
They legit gave me a free blister pack because they felt bad we drove all the way over to the TRU.
Similar thing happened to me, the person who picked the promos up for me was given the promos from like five past events.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Sad thing my local TRU I have been buying pokemon from for 17-18 years is currently in a closing down sale... Gutting!

Number51x

The reservation worked for the last promo release when they did reservation for the first time online, but I've tried the last few days and the it doesn't work for me either.
Page seems to be working now.

last time they refused me everything but the card... no figure, pokeball, poster, even though they had some of everything. tried telling me its only for kids... i was like. ive done this every time, and its all ages...
Yeah, I've had that happen too. I simply said "show me on the event details where it states that." Got my cards, thank you very much.

Sad thing my local TRU I have been buying pokemon from for 17-18 years is currently in a closing down sale... Gutting!
The one by me that's closing down I've been going to since I was 5. I am...much older than 5 now; it's been a very long time. Kinda sad, but at the same time, if they weren't 5-15% more that everyone else around them this might not be happening. Price match? Sure, but who wants to go through that hassle. God forbid you're buying more than one thing!

Last edited by a moderator:

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
This is complete waste of time. Drive for 20 minuets to go and get a holo Piplup? The prerelease is a way better deal. Sure 25 dollars, but I pulled a Xuritree Full art and Dusk Mane full art out of my prerealese box.

Naruto

Aspiring Trainer
This is complete waste of time. Drive for 20 minuets to go and get a holo Piplup? The prerelease is a way better deal. Sure 25 dollars, but I pulled a Xuritree Full art and Dusk Mane full art out of my prerealese box.

I mean, it's not 20 minutes for everybody. I live a three-minute walk away from a TRU. Also, I like the free cards. :)

Number51x

I mean, it's not 20 minutes for everybody. I live a three-minute walk away from a TRU. Also, I like the free cards. :)
Exactly. I collect a wide range of TCG product so I'm drawn to stuff like this like a Venomoth to a Litwick. Plus people do lots of trades there, so that's always nice.