Discussion The Pokemon Ultra Prism Prerelease

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Yesterday I went to the Ultra Prism Prerelease and it was fun. I won 2/3 of my matches with a Garchomp/Lucario deck. I got some good pulls in Dialga GX, Silvally GX, and Darkrai (Prism Star). How was your experience at the tournament?

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I discovered that the PTCGO codes in the packs and box are fully redeemable, but the online items are locked until release day.

And I was SO hoping I could get a Lele out of someone for them.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty good, I went to two seatings on Saturday and went 2-1 with the Lucario deck and 3-0 with a Wash Rotom/Palkia GX deck. As for pulls I got two Silvally GXs (none which could be used in either seating due to my packs lacking Type: Null), a Palkia GX (that I accidentally left behind at the store along with the deck I used during the second seating, I stopped by the store that hosted the prerelease to pick it up), Darkrai Prism, Giratina Prism, and a FA Gardenia.

My second (or third if you count the second seating on Saturday as being separate) prerelease on Sunday was less enjoyable, the organizers broke the 3-round standard for prereleases and ran one that lasted for 7 rounds (technically 6 due to the tournament program shutting down and ending the tournament early) and the top 16 players got extra packs while anyone who didn't reach that threshold got 2 packs. At least I pulled a another Palkia GX and a Lunala Prism from my kit, although this will be the last time I attend that location's Pokemon prereleases.

Volkner123

Pretty good, I went to two seatings on Saturday and went 2-1 with the Lucario deck and 3-0 with a Wash Rotom/Palkia GX deck. As for pulls I got two Silvally GXs (none which could be used in either seating due to my packs lacking Type: Null), a Palkia GX (that I accidentally left behind at the store along with the deck I used during the second seating, I stopped by the store that hosted the prerelease to pick it up), Darkrai Prism, Giratina Prism, and a FA Gardenia.

My second (or third if you count the second seating on Saturday as being separate) prerelease on Sunday was less enjoyable, the organizers broke the 3-round standard for prereleases and ran one that lasted for 7 rounds (technically 6 due to the tournament program shutting down and ending the tournament early) and the top 16 players got extra packs while anyone who didn't reach that threshold got 2 packs. At least I pulled a another Palkia GX and a Lunala Prism from my kit, although this will be the last time I attend that location's Pokemon prereleases.
Cool. That was pretty good. the pull rate seems to be pretty good for this set overall.

Volkner123

So I would have also gotten a third pack but I had promised my brother to give him a pack of his choice. Because he does not have enough cash. He pulled a Glaceon GX and all I pulled was a Shaymin holo :(. And to make things worse he bought a Zoroark GX box and Raichu GX box (Using a gift card.) and got a rainbow rare. :(

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Fun time! My promo was Wash Rotom which I didn't use.
Great pulls though!
Out of the 4 packs in the kit I pulled Cresselia Holo, Magnezone Holo, Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, and Super Boost Energy Prism.

Volkner123

Fun time! My promo was Wash Rotom which I didn't use.
Great pulls though!
Out of the 4 packs in the kit I pulled Cresselia Holo, Magnezone Holo, Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, and Super Boost Energy Prism.
Cool. It seemed that everybody at my prerelease got Dawn Wings Necrozma

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
In my second prerelease yesterday I did amazingly well in pulls.
In my 4 packs I got Xurkitree Full Art,
In 2 prize packs I pulled GOLD LUNALA SECRET!!!!

Mike McBob

Aspiring Trainer
I've done 3 prereleases (2 normal, 1 a booster pack draft)
1st pack I opened I got a RR Dawn Wings Necrozma and the 2nd pack I got Glaceon GX. After that I did a booster draft and the last pack I opened I got FA Xurkitree. I went 2-1 (Xurkitree got prized last game) and won an extra 3 packs, got only a Leafeon GX. The guy who did win pulled a Gold Solgaleo in his packs.
I went to league on Wednesday and they had 6 extra kits left, so I signed up for another kit. Didn't pull anything in the kit, but the extra 3 packs I got had another Glaceon GX, a Solgaleo Prism, and a Cyrus.

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
I went to the afternoon prerelease with my two friends, only 3 in our age group. I got nothing in my kit, got Wash Rotom too. Somehow came first in front of my friends. (One got Lucario Promo and another got Dusk Mane Necrozma and Magnezone) Won a binder and three packs! In my packs, I got Leafeon GX, Glaceon GX, and Cyrus Prism!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Attended 2 prereleases this week. Below is how it went if anyone cares to read it lol.

First one got Wash Rotom promo with Empoleon/Garchomp. Got nothing good from the kit (other than Super Boost Energy if you count that), but luckily the one white code I did get contained a holo Lucario, so I was able to play the Lucario/Garchomp/Cynthia combo (pulled a second Cynthia from the packs). Didn't do too well though. Two prize packs at the end and got nothing. Ended up trading the Super Boost Energy for a full art Professor Kukui. Also traded all my codes and most of my trainers for a Guzzlord GX rainbow rare.

Second prerelease I brought my cousin along who doesn't even really know how to play the game (showed him the basics the day prior). I brought him along for the extra pulls (paid for his entry fee of course). I pulled Lucario promo in my kit and cousin pulled Heatran which I couldn't be happier about (I don't mind Gumshoos but it was the least desirable promo of the 4 for me, and thank god a second Wash Rotom wasn't pulled). Although I would've preferred if our kits were switched since I wanted to play Metal this time round as I played Lucario the day prior. So my kit was still Empoleon/Garchomp (only difference is I got the other promo) and because I pulled garbage from my packs once again I was pretty much forced to play the same deck as yesterday, but this time I actually threw the Empoleon line into it (pulled an extra of their line in my packs so I was able to do a 3-3-3 line). Did better this time around and got 3rd place. Cousin's kit was Magnezone/Garchomp, he pulled a Dialga GX and a Solgaleo Prism so I helped him to build a full metal deck. He was lucky enough to get Mt. Coronet as well so there was a lot of synergy between his prerelease kit and his packs. He won the thing going undefeated lol. Two prize packs each; he got nothing other than a Lunala Prism, while I finally got a little something in the form of Leafeon GX. I traded it though for a Golisopod GX.

Last edited:

Fenderfix

Aspiring Trainer
I got a Dialga GX, Lunala Prism, Giratina Prism, DawnWings Necrozma and Leafeon GX... Yes, I was a little bit lucky xD

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Ended up coming something like 6th (out of 30ish people), only (narrowly) losing to the person that came second. Oddly, I didn't pull ANYTHING above Rare, even in my packs at the end. My deck was similarly unimpressive, just the metal half of the premade deck, an extra Magnemite and a few added trainers. Not having any attackers other than Magnezone and Heatran hurt a little. (I ended up winning a game with Magneton. >.>) Thankfully I care much more about the tournament itself than the pulls.