PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

Dennis

Aspiring Trainer
Where and how does one find their ranking. Went to my profile,player page, but don't see anything. Regional, etc....
It is stating I do not have enough points, but have been playing CONTINUOUSLY, for two months, done all the ladders ...
Not egotistical, just realistical. And curious....
HELP !

Otaku

The wise fool?
All I know about is the section on the official Pokémon Trading Card Game page here. Scroll down until you see "Pokémon Leaderboard". For me, its about halfway down on the right side of the screen. Anything more detailed than that, and I can't help.

BlueEew

Aspiring Trainer
I have a question. Is there a prize for defeating all players in the Trainer Challenge in each cup?

PTCGO.png

So with this Basic Red deck for example. Would I get any additional prizes for getting 12/12 in Platinum and City?

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
And I got report messages (three of 'em this time) in my inbox again. This time I KNOW it was salt-based because they only showed up after a hilariously one-sided Legacy match (I was running Tool Drop and they got a BAD start with Rayeels).

Part of me wishes that you could report these kids for abusing the report system, but then I remember what Otaku said about the staff investigating each report and the annoyed feeling goes away to some extent.

Otaku

The wise fool?
And I got report messages (three of 'em this time) in my inbox again. This time I KNOW it was salt-based because they only showed up after a hilariously one-sided Legacy match (I was running Tool Drop and they got a BAD start with Rayeels).

Part of me wishes that you could report these kids for abusing the report system, but then I remember what Otaku said about the staff investigating each report and the annoyed feeling goes away to some extent.

Yeah. I think someone was so salty they reported me like eight times in a row. That has got to be annoying for the staff. Mixed blessing; it means those times I've been stupidly salty myself and reproted when I knew it wouldn't make a difference hopefully seem less problematic. I doubt the staff cares that someone spammed ":D" emoticons at me, seemingly thrilled every time luck went against me in a match up they were already clearly winning. I mean, I shouldn't care either. Has convinced me that, for all the times I wish the chat was freer so I could say "Sorry, someone is at the door so I have to run.", the best thing is just letting me permanently mute my in game chat. XP

TapuBobo

Aspiring Trainer
So since the 19/9 update, the game hasn't been displaying certain assets correctly for me e.g. menus, energy symbols, damage counters.
I have tried Google-ing the solution this, but can't seem to find a clear answer. I have also tried clearing the image cache, and updating the driver.

Any ideas what the issue is here?

Charrrrrrrrrmander

Aspiring Trainer
I am a new member and created my account to ask about this:
A while ago I was playing the game and when I finished I closed the game as usual. A few minutes later I decided to do another battle. However when I reopened the game the window was so small I could not do anything. As the size of the window is not adjustable it has stayed like that since. Can I possibly return it to normal size? Thank you anyway.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
So since the 19/9 update, the game hasn't been displaying certain assets correctly for me e.g. menus, energy symbols, damage counters.
I have tried Google-ing the solution this, but can't seem to find a clear answer. I have also tried clearing the image cache, and updating the driver.

Any ideas what the issue is here?
Some updates include an update to the Unity graphic engine. If any change isn't compatible with your PC's graphic driver, then you'd need to update those. If no software update for your graphics are available, then you should consider upgrading your graphics hardware. In summary, there's no easy fix, it's just the graphic system being updated.

Source: happened to me with 3 PC's already, found out the hard way... :'c

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
PTCGO Problem
When it opens the down-loading new updates screen, I can't leave the screen.
upload_2017-12-13_15-2-9.png
This screen stays forever

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PTCGO Problem
When it opens the down-loading new updates screen, I can't leave the screen.

This screen stays forever

Navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\PokemonTradingCardGameOnline

Delete the Refresher_Data folder and then run PTCGO.

Seijuro

Aspiring Trainer
Hey i am new here and have a problem with the Pokemon TCG.
I am playing on an IPad Air but each time the tutorial starts to ask to Click on the card to zoom in it doesnt work.
So i‘m stuck on that part.
Is there a way to skip the tutorial or fix it
Thank you anyway

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Hello. I'm barely new in the community.
I have a problem when running the program.

The game goes all black but I can still hear sound from the game. It just won't show anything.

This happened after the last windows update but I don't want to roll back the update.

is anyone having the same problem or knows how to fix it?

Thaks in advance.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hello. I'm barely new in the community.
I have a problem when running the program.

The game goes all black but I can still hear sound from the game. It just won't show anything.

This happened after the last windows update but I don't want to roll back the update.

is anyone having the same problem or knows how to fix it?

Thaks in advance.

Hey Eduardo!

I tried to replicate the problem on my laptop, but PTCGO seems to be working just fine for me (on Windows 10)! Perhaps you should try installing and reinstalling PTCGO? Otherwise, I really don't have much clue on what could be the problem. To help with troubleshooting, a few questions:

What operating software are you using?
How old is computer? (Or more specifically, what graphics card/processor are you using?)
When does the screen go black? (e.g. before the login screen? after the login screen?)
Has a similar error occurred on any of your other programs (especially any that function similarly to PTCGO)?

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Eduardo!

I tried to replicate the problem on my laptop, but PTCGO seems to be working just fine for me (on Windows 10)! Perhaps you should try installing and reinstalling PTCGO? Otherwise, I really don't have much clue on what could be the problem. To help with troubleshooting, a few questions:

What operating software are you using?
How old is computer? (Or more specifically, what graphics card/processor are you using?)
When does the screen go black? (e.g. before the login screen? after the login screen?)
Has a similar error occurred on any of your other programs (especially any that function similarly to PTCGO)?

Hi, Thanks a lot for the response.

Well, I have tried to install and uninstall the program a lot of times but every time it's the same. I also have deleted the Refresher_Data folder on AppData and run the program but even then the refresher shows a black screen and I can't do anything.

What operating software are you using? I have windows 10 and the update version is the 1709 (the last one).

How old is computer? (Or more specifically, what graphics card/processor are you using?) It's like 2 years old.
My graphics cards is: Intel® HD Graphics 5500.
My processor is: Intel core i5.

When does the screen go black? (e.g. before the login screen? after the login screen?) As soon as I open the program. Never shows anything but sound stills comes out.

Has a similar error occurred on any of your other programs (especially any that function similarly to PTCGO)? No, just the PTCGO.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Definitely should be working, then. I just did a bit of research and saw a few potential solutions:

- do a complete uninstall (if you haven't done this already). That means that you should uninstall via your Control Panel, and go to C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData to delete any relevant data that it may have missed. Do the following:

Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder.
Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
Delete the "Unity" folder.
Empty your Recycle Bin.
- if that doesn't work, your anti-virus might be interfering with the download by inaccurately identifying a file or two as malware. You just need to uninstall, turn off your anti-virus and reinstall, and it should work then.

Let us know how you go!

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Well, nothing seemed to work.

I did the steps multiple times but every time I install the app it ran into the same problem. Black screen and just normal sound coming out.

I also stopped my antivirus and re installed but it stayed the same. That makes me think it has something to do with windows and not with the program because if I roll back the windows update, the game workd great.

Let me know if there's anything else I could do, please.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Since I got the same update and the program is working fine, I'd say it's a conflict with something related to that update, although I would have no clue what. Unfortunately I don't know if there's anything else you could do; perhaps just did a bit more looking around on Google? You might fine something more specific to your issue.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh... It seems that the TCGO's staff has made another blunder. this time involving set legality for tournaments. And the worst part? They're keeping it instead of fixing it.

To put it simply, Ultra Prism is legal in ALL tournament modes despite the set not being tournament-legal until the 16th. Does anybody else find this to be really FUNKY on TPCi's part?

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Im the only who the game kill his pc every month? Every time I download the game all looks fine but after 1 month start having problems

-The Game freeze and my Pc as well constantly taking down and showing a blue screen
-Stuck on the download bar at 61%
-The game become slower and stop responding
-Crash playing tournaments
-While playing a match the cards literally are invisible and eventully the game crash

I try deleting the files and downloading again, but the problem is my Pc start crashing after all that problems, become slower, stop responding and I always end having to format my pc, it sounds weird but when I dont download the game my Pc doesnt show any problem, right now I have 6 months without any mayor issues, the last year I format my pc like 6 times (1 month after download it) due all the problems mentioned above