Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
@Mariano11887 There's a likelihood that we'll be waiting a while for TE to respond, so waiting around for his response won't be a very efficient strategy for finding the best lynch today. :p
Yeah, maybe, I wanted to give him the opportunity to defend himself, just to avoid voting and unvoting if he gives good reasoning. If he doesn't respond and noone else flips scummy, of course I'll vote him.
In the meanwhile I'll be watching all of you :cool:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: @TOTAL_EPICNESS

This will be my first real vote of the game. Asking for a claim was strange, and the almost-OMGUS at bb was certainly interesting.

And no, he is not a new player. I've played Mafia on Discord with him before, and apparently he's played on forums and IRL so I'm not cutting him slack for being new.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yeah, maybe, I wanted to give him the opportunity to defend himself, just to avoid voting and unvoting if he gives good reasoning. If he doesn't respond and noone else flips scummy, of course I'll vote him.
In the meanwhile I'll be watching all of you :cool:
I'm not expecting a vote. :p
No comments on the rest of us, then, Mariano?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
##UNVOTE:

This will be my first real vote of the game. Asking for a claim was strange, and the almost-OMGUS at bb was certainly interesting.

And no, he is not a new player. I've played Mafia on Discord with him before, and apparently he's played on forums and IRL so I'm not cutting him slack for being new.

It's good to know that he's played on Discord a few times, that helps with how I read him. Meanwhile, I suggest that you really consider the differences between forum mafia and Discord mafia.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
NinjaPenguin: Lord bbninjas (0)
The Last Shaymin: bbninjas (0)
bbninjas: Gekki simsands TLS, Mariano T_E (2)
simsands: quaking (0)
GekkisaiDaiNi: NP (0)
TOTAL_EPICNESS: Jade Gekki NP (1)
quakingpunch73: Lord (1)
Lord o da rings: GP NP (1)
Mariano11887: Gekki, simsands (2)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: Jade T_E (1)
Jadethepokemontrainer: bbninjas (1)
GrandPanacea: quaking (1)

Not voting: Mariano, Aqua

as of post 124, fixing Jade's erroneous vote.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
It's good to know that he's played on Discord a few times, that helps with how I read him. Meanwhile, I suggest that you really consider the differences between forum mafia and Discord mafia.
Of course I have.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh okay then

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Gekki
Scummy bandwagon jumping on to an easy new-player lynch.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Oh okay then

He isn't new.

And it wasn't a bandwagon, I'm just trying to move forward from RVS. I'm 99% sure I'll have changed my vote before day's end.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
##UNVOTE:

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi, this is a blatant disregard to the good point BB made about TE's vote not being an OMGUS, as well as that call for claims likely being a gag (both of which are 99% the case).
But he doesn't get slack for being new. Sure Discord mafia is radically different than forum mafia, but he's also said he's played mafia on other sites. He said it himself here:
Like 2 games in other forums that I used to frequent a long long time ago
I'm taking his word for it. :U

Draskk

Blast From The Past
##UNVOTE ##VOTE: GekkisaiDaiNi, this is a blatant disregard to the good point BB made about TE's vote not being an OMGUS, as well as that call for claims likely being a gag (both of which are 99% the case).

But he doesn't get slack for being new. Sure Discord mafia is radically different than forum mafia, but he's also said he's played mafia on other sites. He said it himself here:

I'm taking his word for it. :U
What point? And since when does anyone assume something is a joke in Mafia?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I'm not expecting a vote. :p
No comments on the rest of us, then, Mariano?
I don't see any scummy things from the rest of you so far. I'd like to see more activity from the less active people (Nick, GrandPanacea, TLS, simsands, maybe Jade) to make some deeper reads.

But he doesn't get slack for being new. Sure Discord mafia is radically different than forum mafia, but he's also said he's played mafia on other sites
Exactly what I was writing. I think you call this "ninja'd"

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
What do you consider OMGUS again? Remember, this is a new player (so let's not repeat the discussion we had last game :p).
He's implying it's really too early and we're still in that weird RVS phase where it's too early to make accusations such as these since at this time there were no real cases. So yeah, this isn't OMGUS, and I was wrong to think it could be.
And since when does anyone assume something is a joke in Mafia?
In this early stage of the game with tons of fluff and random bs, all the time Gekki. You should know this at this point.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I still don't understand why I'm being scumread for finding the only semi-valid vote for right now and going for it. We can't be stuck in perpetual RVS and my vote on TE is essentially just to see a response and to start some non-cake-related discussion.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I still don't understand why I'm being scumread for finding the only semi-valid vote for right now and going for it. We can't be stuck in perpetual RVS and my vote on TE is essentially just to see a response and to start some non-cake-related discussion.
Tell me why TE is scummy, make me reconsider.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
1. Asking for a massclaim (maybe a joke, maybe not)
2. Voting for bb because he's "acting strange", then not giving examples of the strange activity
3. Kinda-sorta-almost OMGUS
1. A joke, 100%. Anyone who's played mafia (especially multiple times like TE) knows this doesn't happen. This has to be a joke.
2. This is a fair point, actually. I'd like to see a response from @TOTAL_EPICNESS before commenting further on this one, however.
3. We just went over this...

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
All I see regarding that is bb basically saying "lol no that's not OMGUS"
And he was correct, it was too early, we were still in that RVS/fluffy phase. BB didn't put an actual vote on him either, it was a pressure vote, he wasn't constructing an actual case. OMGUS is OMGUS when they do this when the person they voted for was building a proper case against them. Otherwise it's not OMGUS, and no one's automatically suspicious.

Reading up on something, gonna post about it if I find anything interesting.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
And he was correct, it was too early, we were still in that RVS/fluffy phase. BB didn't put an actual vote on him either, it was a pressure vote, he wasn't constructing an actual case. OMGUS is OMGUS when they do this when the person they voted for was building a proper case against them. Otherwise it's not OMGUS, and no one's automatically suspicious.

Reading up on something, gonna post about it if I find anything interesting.
Aight, it isnt OMGUS. I still stand by my 2nd reason for my TE vote, and even one "meh" scumread is better than RVS

Status
Not open for further replies.