News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
This set is epic. We finally have a regular Gumshoos and a new Drampa. This looks to Be the first set in SM not to have a Bewear in it. Also we have not seen all the GX cards yet, we still need I think 3 ultra beast ones and 2 regular ones.

igornogas

Aspiring Trainer
US #54 looks miiiiiighty like a Pal Pad to me! Would LOVE to see that return! Several old trainers returning, in fact! Curious on what UM #53 is, though - looks like it might have something to do with getting or swapping items? Maybe something like Pokémon Communication for items (that'd be dope)? It has the number 1 in two separate sections, which is what makes me think that (though obviously, we'll have translations at some point).

Love the artwork in these, too, especially the ones featuring trainers (Cynthia on Garchomp & Cyrus on Sneasel & Honchkrow).

But, uh.... where in the Distortion World is Gabite? It's missing at the moment (UM #43).
UM 53 is first sentence is flip a coin,compare with the crushing hammer

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
This set is epic. We finally have a regular Gumshoos and a new Drampa. This looks to Be the first set in SM not to have a Bewear in it. Also we have not seen all the GX cards yet, we still need I think 3 ultra beast ones and 2 regular ones.
SM A sets = Bewear
SM B sets = buyer beware, as the set has no Bewear

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer

Alolan Raticate GX and Palossand GX perhaps

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
There was already a baby Gumshoos in the Ash vs. Team Rocket theme decks, but they were never released outside of Japan.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Escape board (sm5M 060/066) looks like a good counter to raichu/heatmor. Effects are, the pokemon this is attached to has one less energy in it's retreat cost, and may retreat even if asleep or paralyzed. It does take up that tool spot though...(my apologies if a translation was already listed somewhere)

Last edited:

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
SM A sets = Bewear
SM B sets = buyer beware, as the set has no Bewear

THANK GOD! Sick of seeing that piece of trash....

Alolan Raticate GX and Palossand GX perhaps

At this rate, we might as well call the Full Arts/Hypers of Xurk/Celes/Phero as the 3 UB GXs....

There was already a baby Gumshoos in the Ash vs. Team Rocket theme decks, but they were never released outside of Japan.

We at least got the Lycanroc from that set in BUS.....

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
besides all the stuff everyone's mentioning, what the hell is up with passimian? it can almost be its own deck. a DCE and 2 of this passimian along with 2 of the sunmoon passimian, and he's hitting for 160, the hell?

this set is so good for fun decks.

Boshean

Aspiring Trainer
besides all the stuff everyone's mentioning, what the hell is up with passimian? it can almost be its own deck. a DCE and 2 of this passimian along with 2 of the sunmoon passimian, and he's hitting for 160, the hell?

this set is so good for fun decks.

the problem is, it says it does the extra damage only to EVOLVED pokemon. kinda meh

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at the sets, US 67-69 should be FA Leafeon/Dusk Mane/Dialga, US 71 should be FA Fan Club, and US 73 should start with the Hypers. Likewise, UM 67-69 should be FA Glaceon/Dawn Wings/Palkia and UM 73 starts the Hypers.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Mysterious Fossil is one of the Secrets.