Beast Ball and Phione Promos in December!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Beast Ball - 5 Geodudes
  • Phione - I waited for 4 years for it tp revealed. Anyways, the ability isn't a big concern in the meta. 2-3 Geodudes

• Explanation: Beast Ball by far the best card for UBs. I am scared that if players run 4 of these in a UB-focused deck like Nihilego, Dusk Mane, Kartana, and Buzzwole, they'll gonna abuse it for early win. Lets say, 4 UBs are prized, you have 4 Beast Balls to use get them out of the prizeland without a Gladion-like effect. I hope my doubt won't result on banning this card, once this released on SM7. *Fingers Crossed*
  • EDIT : Well I made it wrong. I didn't read it comprehensively. It has a Gladion-like effect for UBs. 5 Geodudes never changed.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
It's really cool that Beast Ball bring a UB from the different dimension of "the Prizes" :p

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
If you don't grab UB with Beast Ball, you don't shuffle your prizes? If yes, then it can be an upgraded Town Map.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Should've been Luxury Ball for Ultra Beasts.

LuxuryBallStormfront86.jpg

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
The fact that you get to look at the order of your prizes even if you aren't playing Ultra Beasts at all is kind of neat.

Seems like you only shuffle them if you choose to pull out an Ultra Beast?

Look at your face-down Prize cards. You may choose 1 Ultra Beast you find there, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle this Beast Ball into your remaining Prize cards and put them back face down.

It could just simply imply that if you don't have an Ultra Beast in there, you just shuffle the prizes without putting the beast ball in.

I think it's cool that we're getting more cards that interact with prizes in general.

You would have to be running more than 3 or 4 Ultra Beasts in your deck if you wanted to actually utilize the search effect though.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
So in theory Beast Ball is a half-way Town Map. They don't stay face up but it doesn't say you have to shuffle your Prize Cards if you have no Ultra Beasts in them.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Well beast Balls a little underwelming. I thought it would be more like Team Plasma Ball, and just search your deck for a Ultra Beast.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Beast Ball is pretty underwhelming. Too bad, Just gotta hope for more UB support I suppose.

I'm pretty sure Phione's ability is supposed to Confuse you, not prevent Confusion. I mean, how can an ocean whisper? I'm already confused

JonnyO2

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking that Beast Ball actually pairs well with Gladion in that you can use Beast Ball to decide whether it's worth it to spend your supporter on a Gladion or something else, and as a bonus you might get an Ultra Beast after all. So, Beast Ball is like a Gladion-peek. This sounds useful to me because I've been playing Gladion in my decks and I almost always wonder "Should I Gladion now, or should I ___".

woahaustin

Prince of SD
I love Beast Ball, definitely not something I'd play as a playset, but I'd include it in steel silvally

JonnyO2

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking that Beast Ball actually pairs well with Gladion in that you can use Beast Ball to decide whether it's worth it to spend your supporter on a Gladion or something else ...
Then again, I guess if I were actually a really good player, I'd have played something that let me search my deck so I would know whether the Gladion is worthwhile or not... (Sadly, I think I'm not a really good player.)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I just realized what Beast Ball's effect is for the prizes instead of your deck, like Team Plasma Ball. All of the Ultra Beast GX attacks do some thghing with the prizes, so why not make their support the same.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
  • Explanation: Beast Ball by far the best card for UBs. I am scared that if players run 4 of these in a UB-focused deck like Nihilego, Dusk Mane, Kartana, and Buzzwole, they'll gonna abuse it for early win. Lets say, 4 UBs are prized, you have 4 Beast Balls to use get them out of the prizeland without a Gladion-like effect. I hope my doubt won't result on banning this card, once this released on SM7. *Fingers Crossed*

The chance of prizing 4 UBs in a buzzwole deck is .003%

The chance of beast ball even having the potential to grab ANYTHING in a buzzwole deck is 35%. Even then, having an item card that can search buzzwole is not even close to being overpowered.

Unless they release an Ultra Energy card that lets you run like 15 UB's, then most decks aren't going to run more than 7 or 8 ub's, and in those decks, Beast Ball will be almost entirely useless in 40-45% of games, and that's at least 1 UB. If you want at least 2 UB's in your prizes to use more than one beast ball in a game, then there's only a 17% chance if you run 8 UB's. In the games where it's USABLE, it's not amazing.

Last edited: