News Toys R Us Giveaway Next Saturday, Jangmo-o Promo and Other Goodies!

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
Is this at all Toys r' Us or just certain ones??

The most awkward part is finding out of yourself. If you are over the actual age that this event is aimed towards, it can be kind of embarrassing. Then again, once you find out and your Toy's R Us actually does it, you will always know where to pick these up! I bid you good luck!

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
For all of you who have never heard of mega construx IT IS AWESOME LOL sort of between lego and duplo the feel of it, but there's 2 big sets one of Gyarados and also a Charizard, they look really cool and loads of playability for Juniors! It does seem to have limited release though never seen it this side of pond got my sets in US earlier in year.

That togedamaru looks like the hasbro one too so decent giveaways here!

UK update same old story - collectors albums at Smyths toys (got one earlier) with any Pokemon TCG purchase and also the TRU stamped promo is at obvious TRU free with a £10 spend.

I would love to know how the cards are chosen at corporate level, I mean build a bear nails it with a decent art card for relevant pokemon - but TRU scrapes bottom of barrel on its choices - I mean boat could have been pushed out for maybe like type Null or something cool and would have brought in the hype, but jangmo-o.. Certainly for UK the £10 spend requirement to get it most folk will just not bother!

They do it based on set and card #. Think of it as a fishing lure to buy the next booster pack. You can actually find the same card, with the same attacks on it, like the Toy's R Us. Of course the actual does not have Toy's R Us logo on it.

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
But why, no one wanted this...

If you are a Pokemon fan like me, you would be up for anything. Well that and.....the city I currently reside in is boring as heck.

I have been so committed that the only two cards I have missed TO DATE are the Pikachu and Magikarp cards.

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
So I ended up going to this event, this afternoon, and there was little to no attempt to get everyone's crap together to get the line moving. Since this was the case, I ended up getting the pieces to the Pokeball construct; however, I am not even sure if I even was able to get the "included" pieces. Rather than have it as a mess of pieces, would someone mind posting a schematic of how this Pokeball is suppose to be built? Thanks in advance!

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
Lord, i never wanted to hurt so many people because of pokemon in one day... or at all... keep in mind, i have gone to every one of these events for years...
so i get there a little early, so im not late for the togedemaru figure. but there is well over 50-100 people already in line... so i expected i wouldnt get one...
the guy behind me said they started passing the out at NOON, but they re did the line because originally didnt hand out the Pokeballs... so im thinking the figures are gone already... i wait in line for over an hour... i get to the front, and they still have figures... the lady says 'you cant have one, these are only for kids', Im like 'ok, when did this change? Ive came to every one of these, and its supposed to be for all ages'. shes like 'thats how it has always been' i grabbed a card anyway, and left. In hindsite, i believe the 'build it events' (pokeball) are age limited, but she was thinking the Togedemaru was part of that, and not the Crimson invasion part...

next, I go to Game Stop, where they are supposed to be doing the 'Spend 25 bucks, and get the pikachu movie promos' (it started on the 8th) they said they had them in a box, but they werent going to dig them out... im like 'i want to spend over $100, so you are seriously turning down business?' he said 'the best i can do is get them out at the end of the day' im like 'im from out of town, this is the only time im here' so i try a second gamestop... they said, that they werent doing it till the 13th... and a 3rd store also said the 13th... yet Pokemon.com says its been on since the 8th.

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
Lord, i never wanted to hurt so many people because of pokemon in one day... or at all... keep in mind, i have gone to every one of these events for years...
so i get there a little early, so im not late for the togedemaru figure. but there is well over 50-100 people already in line... so i expected i wouldnt get one...
the guy behind me said they started passing the out at NOON, but they re did the line because originally didnt hand out the Pokeballs... so im thinking the figures are gone already... i wait in line for over an hour... i get to the front, and they still have figures... the lady says 'you cant have one, these are only for kids', Im like 'ok, when did this change? Ive came to every one of these, and its supposed to be for all ages'. shes like 'thats how it has always been' i grabbed a card anyway, and left. In hindsite, i believe the 'build it events' (pokeball) are age limited, but she was thinking the Togedemaru was part of that, and not the Crimson invasion part...

next, I go to Game Stop, where they are supposed to be doing the 'Spend 25 bucks, and get the pikachu movie promos' (it started on the 8th) they said they had them in a box, but they werent going to dig them out... im like 'i want to spend over $100, so you are seriously turning down business?' he said 'the best i can do is get them out at the end of the day' im like 'im from out of town, this is the only time im here' so i try a second gamestop... they said, that they werent doing it till the 13th... and a 3rd store also said the 13th... yet Pokemon.com says its been on since the 8th.

For the Pokemon event, there is a really easy way around the "you cannot have one, these are only for kids." You tell them that you parent a kid or you have a sibling that you are standing in line for. You probably are not feeling as bad as I am feeling right now because I ended up going to the event and because everyone in line was grabbing the pokeball pieces, I grabbed one too many of the red flat legos that goes to it. This means there is going to be one kid who cannot build the pokeball due to a missing lego piece. I feel so awful. What ended up happening was that I had mistaken the red flat pieces as a regular sized lego...:/. I am going to hell! I accept it!

Now, you are probably better than most kids your age or even parents for that matter. The ones that get their kid one, which is fine; however, they then start making up stuff like "Can I get another one for my son's friends' sister's cousin's nephew." That could limit any figures or giveaways and if it is not regulated properly, you could be the 50th person and not get anything! In my case, I was probably in the 40s. OMG!!! I was able to get everything thankfully. I even received another snufful card! I still feel bad that I never went to the first ever giveaway, the one where they gave out Magikarp and Pikachu cards along with the 1st 150 Pokemon poster.

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
Next, I go to Game Stop, where they are supposed to be doing the 'Spend 25 bucks, and get the pikachu movie promos' (it started on the 8th) they said they had them in a box, but they werent going to dig them out... im like 'i want to spend over $100, so you are seriously turning down business?' he said 'the best i can do is get them out at the end of the day' im like 'im from out of town, this is the only time im here' so i try a second gamestop... they said, that they werent doing it till the 13th... and a 3rd store also said the 13th... yet Pokemon.com says its been on since the 8th.

To get them to do what you want, this is all about speaking with the manager. You need to be more assertive! Yes, this pawn was not going to dig out the merchandise; however, the manager would have wanted your business. The guy probably gets paid like $7.25/hr. and so really, someone who spends $25 vs. $100 is not going to do squat for him. lol

Gone are the days when people go above and beyond; however, I do not really blame them. They get paid the lowest because the employer does not give a crap about them. Any extra labor is like.."I need to be paid $1/hr. more got dang it!"