Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: October 2017 - The Lost Zone - All Results Up!

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
My Entry!

3ApRueC.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
/in for image

Tight on time again; if I wasn't able to get it done this weekend, I wasn't able to get it done at all. Fortunately I was able to get it done this weekend. :x

4hVLt2S.png

Notes:
  • Primes are annoying because HQ blanks for them don't exist in the community as of yet––which I didn't actually realize till a couple days ago. This blank is an edited version of Blui's standard HGSS blanks, which can be found here.
  • The idea behind this card is that you do a bunch of damage to a bunch of things and then if they survive and try to hide on the Bench you can pick them off with Cursed Drop.
  • There are plenty of ways to get Pokémon into the Lost Zone, but none of them are terribly efficient. This is mainly why LostGar saw so little play. In many cases, you can aim to get your own Pokémon into the Lost Zone, risking a Lost World from your opponent, or you can aim to get your opponent's Pokémon into the Lost Zone, which is the much slower route because you're relying on your opponent playing a bunch of Pokémon or making misplays.
Credits:
  • @Blui for the base Stage 1 Psychic blank and most symbols
  • @aschefield101 for holosheets and the remainder of the symbols
  • Banette art from an official wallpaper for the TCG set Legend Maker
  • mohsin-kun on dA for the background
  • @TheNyanCatXD for grabbing various things for me from .zip and .rar files
Thanks to all of you! ^.^

Nyora

A Cat
Gourgeist HP 100 Psychic
Stage 1 - Evolves from Gourgeist

/Ability/ - Lost Song
Once during your turn, (before your attack) if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may put 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. If this would Knock Out that Pokémon, your opponent searches his or her deck for 3 cards and puts them into the Lost Zone. Your opponent shuffles his or her deck afterwards.

[P][P] Aria of Anguish
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and put 5 damage counters on it. If that Pokémon is an Evolution Pokemon, put a Basic Pokemon attached to that Pokémon into the Lost Zone and put 5 more damage counters on that Pokémon.

Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed.

Weakness: Fire x2
Resistance: Water -20
Retreat: 2
EDIT: Put in Gourgeist's dex description, taking the -2 for that. Man I really gotta remember to put those in!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just a remainder that there is only 32 hours remaining from the timestamp of this post to get your entry in!

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Spinda GX– Normal – HP 140
Basic
Pok%C3%A9monsprite_327_XY.gif

Ability: Only Chance
When this Pokémon gets knocked out by an opponents attack it will go into the Lost Zone instead of the discard pile

[P][C][C] Clumsy Throw
This attack does 40 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistence for Benched Pokémon)

[P][P][C] Sacrificial Dance GX
Put damage counters on each of your opponents Pokémon until their remaining HP is 10. If you do not have 4 Spinda GX in play this attack does nothing. Put all of your Benched Spinda GX and all cards attached to them into the lost zone.

You can only use one GX attack per turn

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat:
So. I really love Spinda. So i tried to make a card that's kinda in character for it but could still be kinda strong. As you can see it's HP are a joke, Energy Cost are pretty high and it's effect cripples it a bit. BUT if you actually manage to pull all the ridicioulos steps off you got a super strong GX attack that can close the game then and there. I gave it free retreat and an attack that helps it's cause so it's not THAT tidious. I know this wouldn't be top tier. But people would be like "Woah. This is exciting. I wanna play this. Gimme that Drunk Panda. Also Spinda Fullart. I want that to be a thing.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Let's go with something unusual: Lycanroc GX... Dusk Form

Lycanroc GX – [F] – HP 200
Stage 1: Evolves from Rockruff

Ability: Red Flair
If there is more than 4 Pokémon in your Lost Zone, each of this Pokémon’s attacks do 120 more damage to your opponent’s Pokémon. (Before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F] Lost Claw 60
Put an energy attached into the defending Pokémon into the Lost Zone.

[F][F][C] Wild Heart GX
This attack does 60 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. This damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
The ability does not have a mistake. It is supposed to do more damage to the bench, so its more a late game Pokemon.
Its looking pretty unimpressive initially, but becomes stronger in the lategame, if you can put Pokemon in your lost zone. I chose 4, because Lost World was 6, and that was endgame level. I wanted slightly less, so that it would take a bit to setup.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
tvTomzV.jpg

Aaaand a little bit of a description of my thoughts this month (for fun, why not). First off, it's intended to synergise with my entry last month; I thought it'd be fun to do a joint "two part" run up to Halloween with two festive, themed cards. I designed the card itself to be similar in some ways to Vespiquen, having a drawing low-damage attack and a secondary attack dealing damage based on the discard pile.

However, this card is designed to run slower (being a 2-prize attacker that is significantly tankier), shown in the retreat cost and attack costs. The GX attack used early on (if you can get that up) will speed you up, or timed right late-game it could give you a cheap win. The GX attack is potentially too strong, however I felt like it could easily be balanced by the fact that done at the wrong time you're swinging for 20 for 3 energy, and hurting your own deck (and your opponents) a tiny bit (and maybe improving both players' consistency).

Edit: Changed it to abide by the month's theme because.. that's kind of important

Last edited:

demifiend700

Aspiring Trainer
I've been rather busy lately, but somehow I still managed to submit this one on time.
This one definitely took a while, but I think it was worth it. So, lo and behold, Rocket's Mega Mewtwo!

pcBoz9b.png

This card is a neat twist on an existing concept: Mega Evolution. To put it simply, it's a Mega without the EX. This essentially makes Mega Mewtwo a much stronger Stage 1. To help balance it, typical Mega rules apply, as well as the card being relegated to 1 per-deck.

The blank itself was made by me, with certain elements borrowed from the Neo and Gym eras. For the energy/ability icons, I used a combination of Sun and Moon and XY resources. The wording should be the same as the XY era, in case there's any confusion.

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
This is my first real attempt at making my own card. I hope I did okay!

Shining%20Drifblim.png

I drew some heavy influence from the HGSS Undaunted Drifblim's Take Away attack. Instead of shuffling both Pokemon into their owner's deck both are whisked away to the lost zone when Drifblim Star would be otherwise knocked out.

Since the effect is very powerful and prevents the opponent for taking a prize for dealing with the Drifblim, I felt that limiting it to one in the deck would keep it fair. The attack itself is just meant to be a possible hindrance while doing average damage for the energy at that time.

All in all the card is designed to be a nice utility or stall Pokemon while setting up your real threat on the bench.

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
I forgot to mention in my previous post that the card is designed for the EX-Series, however I guess it being an old Gold Star card may have given that away :)

Nyan

She/They
Glaceon_EX_CaC.png
Sooo.... this was the hardest I have ever worked on a CaC. Ever. But the output was fantastic. And yes, that is a CaC symbol in the corner, i'm just having fun with the little reflective filter thing I put on the energy symbols (thanks asche!). I initially had a completely different card, but that card was scrapped due to an unresponsive artist :c. Instead, a friend of mine decided to make me an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING render of a Glaceon. So, I owe it to them. Thanks man! I'll put the art here, along with the artists dA. This was one hell of a card to make. Bordering, texturing, holosheets, it was a lot of work, but it resulted in this. I'm incredibly happy with this one, and I hope you guys are too!
EDIT: Miscredited the artist on the card. It was still the original artist of the previous card! Glad I noticed :p

References:
Mew Prime "(both yours and your opponent's)
Everything else came from general wording rules I have engraved into my mind :p

Last edited: