News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
What the heck does she have around her neck? It's not a scarf...
maybe it's alive... Maybe it's a new pokemon...

It's based on the seifuku (Japanese middle school girls' uniform), so it's likely just the naval-style collar made to look like a Mantyke.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I see Silvally being a meta deck forever with these cards and considering these cards have different names, you won't have to fight for deck space. Not sure I really like this.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Omg Lycanroc is going to be even better :D. First Zoroark and now another super strong fighting-weak pokemon that gives up two prizes and can even just be used as an attacker, or even a support pokemon, only to be lycanroc'd from the bench. Especially looking at how there is no grass memory yet, makes me all the more excited. After this long period of Lycanroc being criminally (looking at how much potential it had ) underplayed, now may finally come its time to shine.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Lightning and Fire Memory Cards - the score between these and Silvally-GX will never changed. Still 3-4 Geodudes. I know the ability, atk, and GX are good. But NightLyc is everywhere with Zoroark-GX and Gallade is in some Broski decks, every though these tools can hit Ho-oh, Golisopod, and Metagross for weakness.

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
damn. i was hoping for a water type memory card, so I have a strong pokemon to aqua patch too in my alolan Ninetales deck. but fire and lightning are good too. water decks are usually weak to metal, grass and lightning, and these memory cards cover all those types weaknesses. sm 4 already has a fighting memory card though for lightning type decks mind, though when i say that, not many water decks at the moment have a lightning weak pokemon, unless they play wishiwashi gx or the upcoming gyarados gx.

i would say, if your going to be playing Silvally in alolan ninetales to use the fire memory card as your memory card of choice, but if a water type one gets revealed... oh boy the energy acceleration from aqua patch will be lit!

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Fire Memory is probably the most relevant so far, since you one-shot Golisopod and rip into Metagross. Run Silvally with Magearna EX or something too to handle Garde.

Silvally will only become more versatile with more memories, but I don't see it as stable. Plus, making meta calls will likely be what makes or breaks the deck by then.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Well 10 types in game i dont think they do a dragon type but they might. So take 5 sets to come out with all mrmorys so november set feb set may set and august set. Thats only 4 sets by august. So pretty sure we will get 2 in november n s3nce feb set be the largest set ever we will get 4 in it then 2 in may 2 in August

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Silvally may actually be played now.... with 2 of each memory card and 3-4 Skyla....
But Energy accleration+ KO is solid! And free retreat for your Basics

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Well 10 types in game i dont think they do a dragon type but they might. So take 5 sets to come out with all mrmorys so november set feb set may set and august set. Thats only 4 sets by august. So pretty sure we will get 2 in november n s3nce feb set be the largest set ever we will get 4 in it then 2 in may 2 in August
SM4+ is one the Japanese mini-sets going into English SM5, so we will more likely get 4-6 Memory cards per set by your logic.