Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!
Hey, I'm new to the site and the game. What should I buy: Tapu Koko tin vs Tapu Bulu tin? Both fit in my Grass/Lightning deck, and I was excited to see this mix here. Thanks!

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Hey, I'm new to the site and the game. What should I buy: Tapu Koko tin vs Tapu Bulu tin? Both fit in my Grass/Lightning deck, and I was excited to see this mix here. Thanks!

If I were you I would not buy a tin, instead I would buy singles or single packs. But if I had to buy one of the tins, I would choose Koko because I like the artwork.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
If I were you I would not buy a tin, instead I would buy singles or single packs. But if I had to buy one of the tins, I would choose Koko because I like the artwork.

Please don't listen to Rayquaza's advice.

the best option would be tapu bulu. He is a much better card, and actually has the potential to be very effective if you use him correctly. One person had success in worlds with a Tapu Bulu/Vikavolt deck.

I will say one thing though; I don't know what you're capable of buying. If you can only get stuff such as tins, then I recommend sticking with them, as they provide a GX and packs which may help you become better.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Koko, it is better because of its ability, unless you are making a VikaBulu deck, it's really up to you.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
Tapu Koko, it is better because of its ability, unless you are making a VikaBulu deck, it's really up to you.

VikaBulu is the better deck between it and Koko though. The price of the cards as singles reflects this.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I was debating on whether or not I should buy a Guardians Rising box.
I won't do this. Even if you pull a Lele, it is cheaper buying singles. If you buy it because of the staples, you can also buy them cheaper as singles because there are no expensive staples like Bridgette in GuR. I also thougt about buying boosters but bought singles instead. Now I own 2 Lele and if I had a booster box instead (for the same price) I maybe hadn't even one today.

kourizi

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking about picking up FA Sophocles, because I think it could become kinda good in some lists post rotation. Any thoughts on that Idea?

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Deciding on a binder to hold my collection I'm working on expanding. Just need a cheap and effective binder. I've been told that a simple heavy duty half inch school binder and some binder pages would do the trick. Thoughts?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I bought a regular binder and 100 9-card binder pages. When you use both sides, they can hold 1800 cards and if you need more you can easily expand. For my Ultra Rare cards I have a regular pokemon binder.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I need a GX marker so I want to buy a product that includes it. Should I buy a GRI Elite Trainer Box? Would it be worth it? Another option would be selling the packs in it and keep the rest. What would you do?

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!

Thanks! I ended up buying both and putting them both in my deck. I'm a 13 year old Christian, and while my mom doesn't mind and actually let me buy the tins, my dad is still stuck in the 90's "Pokemon is a satanic game for perverts" craze. I have a very limited collection of 2 GX's, around 7 EX's, and around 200 cards besides that. I have a few water energies, quite a few electric energies, tons of grass and psychic energies, and a fair number of ground energies. I have built to expanded format decks, and I don't know what else to do with my collection. My main deck focuses on this strategy:

Get a 3 energy total electric type on my bench
Get Rayquaza out as my active
Get Bulu GX benched
Use Turbo Storm to start building Bulu
Get Koko GX and Brock's Grit in my hand
Use Bulu till it dies, then GX for a full restart
Once Bulu dies, use Koko with Aero Trail to full build
Once Koko dies, use brock's grit to get back Koko, Bulu, and 4 energys.
Hopefully, Rayquaza will still be alive to use turbo storm for a full Bulu build once again.

Is this a good strategy? Sorry for the long post, I'm still new!

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!
This will sound noob, but what does rotated mean in Pokemon terminology? I meant Zekrom EX from Legendary Treasures. Wrong expansion. : )
I'm still quite new, please forgive my mistakes!

Guardians Rising Zekrom EX? I don't know what you mean but as far as I know there is no standard Zekrom EX. Absol EX has rotated.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Okay, I'll try to explain it.
You are only allowed to play with actual cards when you go to a league or play competitive. This is called "standard". Pokemon tells us yearly wich expansions are standart and allowed to use at competitive play. This year you can play all cards from BREAKthrough on. When the cards are too old, they rotate out of standard. Your Absol was playable last year, but it rotated.
Hope I could help you.

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!
Thanks, sorry I'm being so annoying.

Okay, I'll try to explain it.
You are only allowed to play with actual cards when you go to a league or play competitive. This is called "standard". Pokemon tells us yearly wich expansions are standart and allowed to use at competitive play. This year you can play all cards from BREAKthrough on. When the cards are too old, they rotate out of standard. Your Absol was playable last year, but it rotated.
Hope I could help you.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
To everyone:
Buy the Blodthirsty eye Lycanroc-GX, if you don't already have it. It's only about 2,50 $ on tcgplayer. It's going to be a very important card in the upcoming metagame, due to the expected popularity of Zoroark-GX, to which it is a very effective counter, not only being able to one-shoot it for 3 energy, but also bringing it in from the bench. Because it has never been in any boxset, you can expect its price to rise dramatically.