News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

I'm excited for Alolan Golem. His GX move could put someone into big jam, not being about to play any cards from your hand could cost them the game if you play him right.

Now we just got a new great grass attacker on Beedrill and the incredible "water duplicates" kakuna. It is now certain Greninja won't be played anymore with Beedrill and Golisopod seeing lots of play.

I'm willing to bet the SM4+ is going to be home to the item/ supporter cards for Ultra Beasts. It just makes no sense to release them as a separate entity from regular GX and not use that in some way.

Also I'm glad to see Kakuna have its own Water Duplicates, but I think it'd be tough going to make a deck around EVO Beedrill work even with it. You'd have to keep streaming out Beedrills as they got KO'd; thankfully there's plenty of ways to shove your Kakunas/Beedrills back in the deck for more Kakuna Duplicates, but that seems clunky at face value. You'd also have the same fear as Passimian/Mew with prizing your bees.

Also I'm glad to see Kakuna have its own Water Duplicates, but I think it'd be tough going to make a deck around EVO Beedrill work even with it... You'd also have the same fear as Passimian/Mew with prizing your bees.

Our lord and savior Gladion actually has a decent usage.

Greninja didn't just need to stream ninjas, it had to duplicates, then evolve into breaks. Being forced to search out that extra stage makes it harder to stream them. I think there's potential for the Bees.

I don't think it's going to be nearly as good as ninja, just purely off the fact that greninja can snipe for 60 damage twice while also hitting 70 and locking abilities while bees just snipe for 160, but it could definitely come together.

Milotic's first attack is very interesting. Will be nice against decks that run max elixers or bench pokemon that are setup.

Milotic is probably the most interesting new revelation imo, not because it's super amazing or anything but because it allows for some hitherto impossible stall strats in combination with Koko Promo. Once you get a flip down you can keep your opponent from building a field pretty well, and every time you shuffle them they lose the items they used to get set up like candies and ultras, and in an evolution centric meta it's realllly slow to recover from that.

I was thinking the same thing. Could be really interesting against evo/candy decks.

Is there any translations for Alolan Marowak? I need it!
there is it says:
Alolan Marowak – Fire – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cubone

[.] Fire Dance: Choose a number of [R] Energy from your discard pile equal to the number of Energy attached to your opponent’s Pokemon. Then, attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

[R][R][C] Burning Bonemerang: 70x damage. Flip 2 coins. This attack does 70 damage times the number of heads. If you flip at least 1 heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Interesting new cards:
Altaria- Wow it can make dragon decks pretty decent! Throw in a Victini and in couple of turns you can set up your bench with Kommo-o GX! Not too great thougj
Alolan Marowak- Has an extremely good free attack, often do more than Nitro Tank GX! Really good accleration!
Magikarp- Hands down best Magikarp ever. Not saying it´s good, but it has a usable attack and an extremely good ability that makes it invincible to bench damage- is an extremely good Magikarp for Expanded Gyarados because they cant just Koko/Trev Break and kill all your Magikarps.
Piloswine- Has a lot of HP!
Minccino- Not a bad attack for one colorless on a stage 1! Either 80 damage or 2 cards from discard to hand!

Overall, it seems like a very bad set though.

Based off of what I'm seeing here, this set looks to be the weakest from the Sun and Moon era so far, but who knows, maybe some huge new deck will come out of this set.

I'm more excited for Shining Legends now.

So many good cards, the meta is going to be different again. I am very excited for the Ultra beast taking extra prize card.

Back