News America's November Set: 'Crimson Invasion,' Two Ultra Beast Premium Collections!

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
Ooh! A new Special Energy card? 'Bout time!
new special energy secret rare, thats pretty cool, hopefully its a double dragon energy secret rare, not only would it look sick, but if pokemon doesnt reprint it, they are pretty much saying good night to all dragon cards, but it could be a rainbow energy secret rare aswell. so many options, but hopefully it will be a good set

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
Maybe just an evolution like how the break mechanics was?
They might make a reprint of solgaleo gx and lunala gx, since in the game, they are considered ultra beasts, if they do make a reprint of them, will it have different attacks, or different artworks, what a mystery

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Wow... That description makes the ultra beasts look like they're trying to take over the world... As opposed to the game's plot line, where they were displaced be an obsessive leader, and just wanted to go back home. :p

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Extremely happy with this. The set only has 8 -GX and 110ish cards, so it wont be stupidly packed with ultra rares. I think that FA thick Wicke (or just Wicke in general) might be cut from Burning Shadows (which kinda sucks because I was want the FA) since this seems like it could be an Aether-based set.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EXTREME SADNESS... I MEAN EVALUATIONS! (And Guesses)
  • Crimson Invasion - Not a Tie-in with SM4+? That's Unfair! At least not an another 170+ set but 120+ set. I love it.
  • Are these Premium Collection Promos alternate art (not the A one)?
  • 8 GXs is fine.
  • If we track the pattern of trainer cards, the number of Trainers and SEC in 2 Jap Subsets are equal, if the Jap gets 4 Trainers per subset, we'll throw Lana in Crimson Invasion. But, it's too far to happen.
  • If the group of Legendaries (we assume they are because they are harder to catch) have missing members, I'll go OUTRAGE!
  • I want Durant, Oranguru, Throh, and Zangoose to be there.
  • I wish I can see the set logo anyways!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
I'm honestly most happy at a 110 card count and only 8 GX lol
Me too. Sun & Moon and Guardians Rising are though to complete. And I think Burning Shadows and Shining Legends will be though too. So this set seem easier to complete.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I will say this this; the second Premium Collection not containing Kartana GX to go alongside Buzzwole GX seems like such a missed opportunity as the other one contains Pheromosa and Celesteela, both of which are exclusive to Moon, so it would've made sense to have Kartana alongside Buzzwole (rather than Xurkitree) as those two are Sun exclusives.
Just my two pence.

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
What I'm hoping for is a fighting type Buzzwole-GX and a grass or fighting Pheremosa-GX and a dragon type Guzzlord (because we just got two new darks in burning shadows.)

Olimar.Inc

Aspiring Trainer
Extremely happy with this. The set only has 8 -GX and 110ish cards, so it wont be stupidly packed with ultra rares. I think that FA thick Wicke (or just Wicke in general) might be cut from Burning Shadows (which kinda sucks because I was want the FA) since this seems like it could be an Aether-based set.
Hold it, it could be Lusamine and Faba support....and maybe Aether grunts?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I wish I could say I wanted this set. None of the GX Pokemon I like and the Ultra Beast concept seems forced. You could even consider Deoxys a Ultra Beast. I hope there are some cool Pokemon in it but I really hate it when they force in all of a Pokemon group in a set rather than spreading them out. It's just like with a set having 11 Mewtwo ultra rare cards in it. The fact that we know what GX Pokemon are in the set is sad. With other sets, we know we can look forward to at least four other GX Pokemon. Maybe Zangoose can get that ultra rare it always wanted. Butterfree would be cool too or better yet, Fearow. That Pokemon was in the game too! Now I don't even want the set.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I doubt The premium collection GXs will be in the set as we know those will be in Japan’s GX Battle Boost (meaning we’ll likely get a CP4/CP3 situation) plus I doubt they'd Overflow the set with the UBs. Also, I’m really curious about the new energy, the fact they specifically mentioned it in the set overview mean so it’ll be huge. Lastly, I hope UBs get a special treatment, not making them overly powerful, but showing the differences between them and other GXs, I mainly hope this so Silvally can be a hard counter to them.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's possible that half of the GX cards in the set are going to be Silvally and three Ultra Beasts. The four mentioned in the Premium Collections could just stay as promo cards. Nihilego, Guzzlord, and Kartana, plus Silvally and three more Pokemon as GXs. Honestly I'm pretty confident that this could be it, but I'm not 100% sure. (Though maybe this is a desperate cry at finally seeing Alolan Exeggutor GX.)

I'm incredibly happy there's going to be only 8 GX cards. Hopefully this set won't be as crowded as GUR in terms of secret rares.(Though I wouldn't be complaining if they had decided against making Rainbow Rares...) I'm still unsure how FA/RR Bulu and Midday Lycanroc are going to make it into sets though, as seeing how the RR starters made it into GUR and the FAs became promos, anything is possible. Maybe they'll slip them into either this set or BUS.

Sinister_Dusclops

Aspiring Trainer
Okay a new special energy?

My Expectations: Better DDE!
Reality: Ultra Energy Provides [C] Energy.

(Just a joke, at the time of writing this there is no such thing as an Ultra Energy.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I will say this this; the second Premium Collection not containing Kartana GX to go alongside Buzzwole GX seems like such a missed opportunity as the other one contains Pheromosa and Celesteela, both of which are exclusive to Moon, so it would've made sense to have Kartana alongside Buzzwole (rather than Xurkitree) as those two are Sun exclusives.
Just my two pence.
It's possible that could change in USUM as this set comes out near the release of the games