News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Graven

Eminem TTGX
Surprised no one has said anything about Mallow synergizing very well with Exchange.

Honestly, I love this card. The ability is great in the current meta, Riot Beat could be scary even without Sky Field, and it's GX is nothing to scoff at. It just screams mindgames, and I can't wait to use it in one of my decks in the near future!

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
...and the Zoroark is not in character.

I should point out that we're dealing with an individual, not the entire species. Individuals would be allowed to be contrary to their "character". An exmaple would be PMD!Darkrai. A malicious individual who acts rather contray tot he species depiciton of being one why has to be near Cresselia to avoid harming people (another related case might be the one in BW2 who did wind up getting a child killed), another example would be the Mimikyu with Team Rocket. Fanon perception and the pokedex hold the species up as being one that's desperate enough for affection that it tries to emulate Pikachu, but the one with Team Rocket instead is murderously envious of Pikachu's popularity.

Point is, just because one species have been claimed to have a certain personality does not mean an individual would not be able to hold a contrasting one.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
I like this Zoroark-GX card alot. Cool art, great ability and attacks. I'm assuming the ability stacks, so what is there not to love.

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm not bad and you just need a DCE but you need some good energy acceleration for you pull this of still tho not bad.

Zeno

The Wanderer
Very interesting. Powerful Spark could be an awfully powerful attack with the right set up. Thunder does more damage that most other GX for their respective [Color] [Color] [Colorless] attack. Not really a fan of that self damage though. That in combination with the 1 RC could be nice for jumping out to throw Drampa GX out with his Berserk attack.

The GX attack is okay. Not crazy about the damage it does, and paralysis is suddenly a gamble of a coin flip, and praying your opponent doesn't Guzma the next turn.

TotoBoss

Kappa
With stage 2's being better now IF breakthrough Magnezone survives the rotation, I think this might be a cool deck to play with. just use Magnezone's ability to attach a ton of energy to all of your Pokemon and then sweep for a lot of damage. This could also be paired with Raikou from breakthrough then as a non EX/GX attacker to do quite some damage. I like this card a lot!

though if breakthrough doesn't survive rotation then it'll be a bit worse... :/ BUT this deck still has potential. As A bonus you will still have electrode (even though it gives up a prize) It's 2 extra lightning energy per turn. that + max elixir and your regular attachments and you're good to go. I think still will see play either way and if not by others I will try it out. It looks pretty good in my eyes.

EDIT: The GX attack, ahhh, one of my favorite GX's is Lapras and this GX attack is basically the exact same thing but it does 20 more damage, though being weakened by Guzma as you can just Guzma yourself out of the paralysis, It's still not a bad option, and definitely worth mentioning.

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
I think it is great opportunity for Magnezone to shine.
This card was pretty much was unused till now, but if setup correctly, Magnezone and Raichu-GX will be a force to reckon with.

SuperHoopa

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty good, but I find it kind of interesting that it's not in its Alolan Form.

Solgaleo GX + Choice Band + Prof. Kukui = Powerful Spark for 180

Last edited by a moderator:

AverageAvenger

Canadian Card Fox
This looks like a promising Raichu. As @TotoBoss said, if Magnezone from BREAKthrough survives rotation, it could make for a really good deck. Pumping Electric energy onto Raichu to unleash a well powered-up Powerful Spark. And maybe, just maybe, we could finally try and use Electrode from EVO. Might look bad on the prize trade but it may be worth it for the devastating hit. So, who knows, this Raichu could make a great rouge or niche deck.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Not saying it's good but Vikavolt could accelerate this. The grass energy can meet the double colourless cost while the lightning energy can fuel the "number of energy attached to all your Pokemon" and the other attacks.

The lightning type may be an important niche as the meta progresses. I'll put this on my watch list- not completely ruling this out.

Eliot Longsworth

Aspiring Trainer
Even if Magnezone doesn't survive rotation, there's still Dragonair's Dragon Wish.
I got a friend of mine who's playing a Tapu KoKo-GX deck right now, with Dragonair in it.
This new Raichu-GX is going to be a great addition to it. Then along with Acerola when that comes out. Man, it's going to be a pretty sweet deck.